Author Topic: Writing Ideas!  (Read 24290 times)

BossNatash

Re: Writing Ideas!
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2012, 12:29:58 pm »
Hmmm... my own post gave me an idea  ;D :-[ .  I'll be working on an Origin of Trog story, featuring young Sespian and young(er) Sicarius. Mwouhahaha.  Hopefully will be done in a few days.
Ha! I love it. I hope to get some time here soon to work on something too.... I'll make time to read though :D
Yes, shall we take a spin again in business? The time is fixed, lets sweeten our facilities.

Mana

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2012, 09:06:44 pm »
Only posting to pop it back to the first page.
www.nault-findley.com
www.samantha-nolan.com

"In your haste to save the world, take care that you do not destroy it."

Kitty

• Explosives - add P for Plenty
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2012, 08:09:24 am »
I have this image stuck in my head of maldynado coming up against his female double, but its totally AU and i think i'd mess it up as it uses another very well loved character from a different universe.  May have to explore that one as it could be quite amusing to me anyway.
Stress /noun/ : The confusion created when the mind must override the body's basic desire to choke the ever-loving-shit out of someone who desperately deserves it.

AKK

• Before & After & Inbetween - Physicist on the Rampage
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2012, 03:47:52 am »
I have this image stuck in my head of maldynado coming up against his female double.

I'd wonder if their "powers" turned out additive (run for the hills, everybody else!) or cancel each other out, resulting in the two of them together suddenly having to handle "being normal attractive (or even unattractive)" to others.
Could be interesting to explore (or hilariously funny, depending on what aspects you focus on). :)
"You are not cleared for that."

Kitty

« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2012, 04:23:11 am »
I wouldn't call her attractive, but the description in the books she inhabits are she looks like a wrinkled old apple, with a filthy laugh.

I think she'd more obliterate him on the drinking, partying, sleepign around side.  And he'd love it!
Stress /noun/ : The confusion created when the mind must override the body's basic desire to choke the ever-loving-shit out of someone who desperately deserves it.

AKK

« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2012, 04:27:55 am »
I wouldn't call her attractive, but the description in the books she inhabits are she looks like a wrinkled old apple, with a filthy laugh.

I think she'd more obliterate him on the drinking, partying, sleepign around side.  And he'd love it!

I thought you meant writing a story where he meets a female with his special brand of social talents & interaction, not a specific character already invented yet.

Sorry, misunderstanding. :)

Kitty

« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2012, 04:51:07 am »
no worries my english is atrocious at times.

sweartoad

• I'm on DeviantArt (occasionally)
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2012, 08:14:36 am »
Would you, perchance, be talking about Nanny Ogg? Because she would own Maldynado any time of the day :D

AKK

« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2012, 08:15:41 am »
Would you, perchance, be talking about Nanny Ogg? Because she would own Maldynado any time of the day :D

Only if Lady Dourcrest gives him up. She needs somebody to read her schmaltzy novels after all. ;)

Kitty

« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2012, 10:07:59 am »
Could Nanny Ogg outclass Maldynado?!  Of course she could and wouldn't it be funny for them to meet up.  i think when I've got the short story I have on the go right now done i may have to have a try at this.

AKK

« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2012, 10:23:12 am »
Could Nanny Ogg outclass Maldynado?!  Of course she could and wouldn't it be funny for them to meet up.  i think when I've got the short story I have on the go right now done i may have to have a try at this.

please add a source for this  woman if you write that story. I've never heard of her. :)

Kitty

« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2012, 10:48:24 am »
Nanny Ogg is one of the 3 main witches in Terry Pratchett's Discworld series.  Do a quick google image search and you'll get the idea.  She likes a drink, and another drink, and a song, and a drink, and a nice looking fella, and a drink.....  i beleive she's ahd 4 husbands and 15 children.  And she owns an evil cat called Greebo, who can turn into a man who looks like a pirate who can seriously swash buckle

AKK

« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2012, 11:29:43 am »
Nanny Ogg is one of the 3 main witches in Terry Pratchett's Discworld series.  Do a quick google image search and you'll get the idea.  She likes a drink, and another drink, and a song, and a drink, and a nice looking fella, and a drink.....  i beleive she's ahd 4 husbands and 15 children.  And she owns an evil cat called Greebo, who can turn into a man who looks like a pirate who can seriously swash buckle

thanks. :-)
I never got into Diskworld.

Kitty

« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2012, 01:58:42 pm »
it depends which book i'm reading, the early stuff was just straight comic fantasy, but as the series progressed its got more mature.  Its more satirical now and its a world that has to work.  I much prefer the later stuff to the early.

Cael

• Plot Bunny Breeder
  • These Are Not The Krakens You Are Looking For
« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2012, 12:51:17 pm »

thanks. :-)
I never got into Diskworld.

I always tell people who say they don't like it to try each of the different story lines within the series before they give up. I'm very partial to the Night Watch books and don't really care for most of the Witch , Death or Wizard books are kinda 'eh'. Besides the Night Watch books, I adore Small Gods which  is a book unto itself and very thought provoking
Once you've made sure that the signal gets through
There's one final thing that I want you to do
Put me where I'll see stars, so that I can see you
And I'll soar like a leaf on the wind