Author Topic: EE5 *non-goofy* predictions  (Read 32773 times)

moldynotgo

EE5 *non-goofy* predictions
« on: August 02, 2012, 12:41:49 pm »
So EE5: Blood & Betrayal (working title: Mal & Two Gals & Their Pals) is due out NEXT MONTH!

Aieee!

Now that we've discussed goofy stuff, what do you really predict in EE5, based on your own omniscience as well as Lindsay's hints http://www.lindsayburoker.com/my-ebooks/emperors-edge-5-blood-and-betrayal-teasers-and-update/?

riamachia

• Wait, what? Why am *I* getting blamed for this?
Re: EE5 *non-goofy* predictions
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2012, 12:49:01 pm »
I think Mal may come very, very close to killing a family member but won't be able to do it.  Depending on the situation, I hope one of the others steps in and does it for him. 

Also - From the spoilers, I don't think we'll get the big Reveal here, or if so not until the very, very end...Oooh, maybe it won't be Sicarius but Pike who makes that little revelation?  There were some theories that Hollowcrest & Raumesys at least suspected the truth (although I still don't think they'd have let Sespian live if they had) but in that case maybe Pike had suspcions as well? 

Betrayal, betrayal..... Or Amaranthe spills the beans thinking Sicarius already had? 
Maria
"Is that why you... appreciate me?"
"It's her eyes."

moldynotgo

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2012, 01:01:49 pm »
The "Blood" will definitely be a whole lotta dead people, and probably some spilled team blood as well - as we get closer to Book 6, the stakes get higher. Handy having a teenaged wizard who can heal you, huh?

The "Betrayal" I don't think will be Am of Sic re Sespian. I suspect it's either...

- Maldynado's brother and Pike betraying the empire

- Maldynado himself having to betray his brother (cause his brother is the bad guy, not because Maldy isn't awesome)

- Maybe even Sespian feeling he's betraying his post by some action? Or by his parentage? Or perhaps that parentage is the betrayal itself.

riamachia

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2012, 01:14:53 pm »
I remember reading somewhere that one team member accidentally betrays another.  Could be when Mal betrays Sicarius by giving Sespian dating advice re: Amaranthe. 
Maria
"It's her eyes."

moldynotgo

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2012, 01:18:51 pm »
I remember reading somewhere that one team member accidentally betrays another.  Could be when Mal betrays Sicarius by giving Sespian dating advice re: Amaranthe.

Snort.

But seriously, I hope you're wrong that it's Am & Sic. This is Maldy's book, it's gonna have to be him, if that's so. Actually, several of the other POV books have had a betrayal or almost betrayal (so glad we're in the spoiler section here!):

Book 2: Books kept dwelling on how his night with Vonsha went against the team's interests, he tries to make up for it several times.

Book 3: Basilard kept contemplating offing Sicarius

Book 4: Akstyr tried to sell out Sicarius

Book 5: Maldy's turn?

riamachia

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2012, 01:25:28 pm »
Book 5: Maldy's turn?

Indeed.  I keep worrying (about big, strong Maldynado, I know) about what's going to happen with him and his family.  Not just the brother we've seen, but his parents and the history behind Tia.  My head is a raging soap opera about this one - he got disinherited because he said  F'you to his family after they married his beloved little sister off to someone horrible.
Maria
"It's her eyes."

moldynotgo

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2012, 01:32:42 pm »
My head is a raging soap opera about this one - he got disinherited because he said  F'you to his family after they married his beloved little sister off to someone horrible.

Hmm. We haven't (I think) seen any of that in Turgonia. Yes their women's rights movement is still somewhat nascent, but all the women we've seen - in all castes - have been fairly assertive types. I don't know if the warrior caste would be that patriarchal in terms of advantageous marriages.... NAH, you're probably right. Jerks the lot of them.

I would suspect Tia was abused in other ways (maybe by evil brother?), which got him thrown out.

Why do I keep trying to put sexual abuse in these books? Really, I'm healthy! I AM!

Mana

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2012, 03:55:43 pm »
See, I think the blood part is Sespian learn the truth about Sicarius but I think (can almost guarantee) if that secret is spilled it would be the cliff hanger line.
I'm actually thinking Maldynado isn't the completely sweet guy we think he is and that since all the other POVs have been some form of betrayal that he will have something along those lines in this book.
www.nault-findley.com
www.samantha-nolan.com

"In your haste to save the world, take care that you do not destroy it."

moldynotgo

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2012, 03:58:12 pm »
See, I think the blood part is Sespian learn the truth about Sicarius but I think (can almost guarantee) if that secret is spilled it would be the cliff hanger line.

Or simply the blood IS the betrayal.

And if THAT is the cliffhanger.... oh me oh my...

Meera

• Frosted Buns Enthusiast
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2012, 04:20:09 pm »

Or simply the blood IS the betrayal.

And if THAT is the cliffhanger.... oh me oh my...

I don't know if I can handle a cliffhanger like that...
"All right, girl, we are not going to be attracted to the amoral assassin."

Moondreamer

• Global Moderator
  • The plot bunnies, they will not leave me alone!!!
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2012, 04:24:55 pm »
Lyndsay did say there wouldn't be too much of a cliffhanger this time tho, so hopefully if Sespian learn, there will be a little bit afterward to at least resolve some of the tension.
"You have a disturbing sense of humor."
http://www.nault-findley.com/

moldynotgo

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2012, 04:28:05 pm »
Okay, so since this is the non-goofy threat, the cliffhanger I predict is that our team + Yara + Sespian is all together, when they get a mysterious...

Can't be a note, did that already. Twice actually (ore cart and Sespian's kidnap request)...

...um, a mysterious holograph of Princess Lea?

Meera

• Frosted Buns Enthusiast
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2012, 04:30:50 pm »
Okay, so since this is the non-goofy threat, the cliffhanger I predict is that our team + Yara + Sespian is all together, when they get a mysterious...

Can't be a note, did that already. Twice actually (ore cart and Sespian's kidnap request)...

...um, a mysterious holograph of Princess Lea?

I would laugh though.

Lyndsay did say there wouldn't be too much of a cliffhanger this time tho, so hopefully if Sespian learn, there will be a little bit afterward to at least resolve some of the tension.

Yeah I think it might be that.
"All right, girl, we are not going to be attracted to the amoral assassin."

sweartoad

• I'm on DeviantArt (occasionally)
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2012, 04:48:53 pm »
Lol! Obviously we have to move onto other variations of notes. Sky writing, perhaps?

I think the betrayal will be Maldynado doing something against the team (whether consciously or not) and having his future with the team questioned (like Amaranthe used to do with Akstyr).

The blood part is most likely going to deal with Maldynado's family. I also think that the Big Reveal (for Sespian) will happen at the end of this book. It's not something to take lightly, and Sespian will basically need 300+ pages to short through it all.

K2N2

« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2012, 06:53:05 pm »
Sespian will basically need 300+ pages to short through it all.

Saw the typo and my first thought was that even the most serious threads around here eventually mention bathtubs, leather pants, and/or underwear.