Author Topic: EE5 *non-goofy* predictions  (Read 32627 times)

sweartoad

• I'm on DeviantArt (occasionally)
Re: EE5 *non-goofy* predictions
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2012, 08:00:49 pm »
Sespian will basically need 300+ pages to short through it all.

Saw the typo and my first thought was that even the most serious threads around here eventually mention bathtubs, leather pants, and/or underwear. 

Bahahaha Freudian slip much?

Aamartin

• "Eek! My eyebrows are quirking!!'
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2012, 08:35:32 pm »
OK. Serious moment. I think we're all suspecting that Pike will try to rape Amaranthe. I mean, he's a rapist. And he's captured her. Not too many dots to connect. Well, I'm hoping that Amaranthe kills him herself, instead of someone else rescuing her and killing him. Well, maybe she could bond with some other captive and they could kill Pike together. But you get the idea.

Am I feeling bloodthirsty? Maybe. I just preferred Tikaya's near torching of Ottotark to Amaranthe being saved by Sicarius in the library (although that was a nice scene in its own way).
"Perhaps you have not been assiduous enough with your training."

@martinameliaa

Moondreamer

• Global Moderator
  • The plot bunnies, they will not leave me alone!!!
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2012, 08:51:43 pm »
Wasn't Pike more interested in boys tho, or did I dream that part? I am more expecting torture out of him than rape. And, I kinda hope if Am discovers he's done some horrible stuff  to Sic that she makes him pay. She  isn't usually bloodthirsty, but I could see an exception here.
"You have a disturbing sense of humor."
http://www.nault-findley.com/

riamachia

• Wait, what? Why am *I* getting blamed for this?
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2012, 09:55:34 pm »
Am I feeling bloodthirsty? Maybe. I just preferred Tikaya's near torching of Ottotark to Amaranthe being saved by Sicarius in the library (although that was a nice scene in its own way).

I think the difference is how much of an idiot Ottotark was vs Pike.  Somehow I don't think Pike would leave Amaranthe alone in a dungeon full of torture implements.  Especially not if he knows she's been working (and probably training) with Sicarius.  I would love to see her be able to get out of it on her own as well, but given the turn of events I think we should prepare to suffer a bit with her. 
Maria
"Is that why you... appreciate me?"
"It's her eyes."

EEfangirl

« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2012, 10:22:50 pm »
OK. Serious moment. I think we're all suspecting that Pike will try to rape Amaranthe. I mean, he's a rapist. And he's captured her. Not too many dots to connect. Well, I'm hoping that Amaranthe kills him herself, instead of someone else rescuing her and killing him. Well, maybe she could bond with some other captive and they could kill Pike together. But you get the idea.

I'm with you on this one. I feel like she can definitely take care of herself if she has the space to do so.

moldynotgo

« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2012, 12:59:30 am »
Amaranthe is due for more pain (aren't I nice?). EE1 she had the Hystunga (sp?) fever, EE2 the makarovi - but since then, she's been fairly whole (heh, wholesome), even to the point of her bullet wound in the shoulder in the train mysteriously disappearing, as I mentioned elsewhere. So EE3 and EE4 went fairly without damage to her, likely because (as others have posited) Sicarius has been hawk-like at protecting her from harm.

So I predict Amaranthe will - physically, poor thing - suffer at the hands of Pike. I hope she won't be raped, because... gosh, I do I need to discuss why not rape?! But it would send Sicarius into a complete rage, and I actually don't want to see that - I want to see him have reactions that aren't all murderous.

Kitty

• Explosives - add P for Plenty
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2012, 03:48:57 am »
i think Pike will harm Ammy because he's obviously a sadistic bastard.  And Sicarius will go mental on him an anyone working with him, but he'll then go into the gentle protective mode around Ammy, making the whole group realise just what is going on, not just Books

I suspect the Betrayal part will be maldy's backstory with his brother and family, and just why he got kicked out/walked away.  And then his brothers continuing betrayal of the Emperor.  The team may have doubts about him through most of the book, but it'll come right in the end.  Lindsay isn't cruel.

The blood?  Hmm lot of blood shed naturally, but I think also the blood link between Sicarius and Sespian, who i suspect will start to reevaluate what he knows after he is given new information.

My only worry is that in the spoilers i didn't see mention of Books.
Stress /noun/ : The confusion created when the mind must override the body's basic desire to choke the ever-loving-shit out of someone who desperately deserves it.

sweartoad

• I'm on DeviantArt (occasionally)
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2012, 04:51:34 am »
Don't worry, Books is there :D He's mentioned in the teaser about driving through the fissure - he says something about wearing Basilard's elbow as a belt, I think.

Kitty

• Explosives - add P for Plenty
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2012, 05:10:43 am »
i really hope so, i don't want to lose any of them
Stress /noun/ : The confusion created when the mind must override the body's basic desire to choke the ever-loving-shit out of someone who desperately deserves it.

Moondreamer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2012, 07:18:55 am »
Losing one of the group at this point would be... cruel :( I really do hope it doesn't happen. I also hope we do see more emoting on Sicarius's part before and after he saves Am.  Do you think his facade will crack once he realises what happened to her?  The only time we really saw him lost his calm was when he knew Sespian was in danger.  I think maybe it'll happen again...

riamachia

• Wait, what? Why am *I* getting blamed for this?
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2012, 07:33:57 am »
Lindsay said she was resisting the urge to leave anybody  missing at the end of this one, so I don't think THAT will happen..

Although she did also hint that there was a potentially nasty cliffhanger.  Hmmm.
Maria
"Is that why you... appreciate me?"
"It's her eyes."

moldynotgo

« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2012, 07:36:52 am »
I also hope we do see more emoting on Sicarius's part before and after he saves Am.  Do you think his facade will crack once he realises what happened to her?  The only time we really saw him lost his calm was when he knew Sespian was in danger.  I think maybe it'll happen again...

True story: the real reason I started this thread was because I started imagining the reunion scene between Am and Sic once she's rescued from Pike (or escapes).

We want hugs!!

Mana

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2012, 07:38:27 am »
i think Pike will harm Ammy because he's obviously a sadistic bastard.  And Sicarius will go mental on him an anyone working with him, but he'll then go into the gentle protective mode around Ammy, making the whole group realise just what is going on, not just Books

I suspect the Betrayal part will be maldy's backstory with his brother and family, and just why he got kicked out/walked away.  And then his brothers continuing betrayal of the Emperor.  The team may have doubts about him through most of the book, but it'll come right in the end.  Lindsay isn't cruel.

The blood?  Hmm lot of blood shed naturally, but I think also the blood link between Sicarius and Sespian, who i suspect will start to reevaluate what he knows after he is given new information.

I know from book 2 that Books knows Sicarius cares, and book 3 Basilard & Books know that he/she cares and in I think it's book 3 but maybe book 4 that Maldynado knows about them too.  He is talking about the team members hooking up and he has to ask for clarification as an aside.

So really the only one who doesn't know is Akstyr because Sespian and Yara can see it on Sicarius and Amarante's reactions with each other.
www.nault-findley.com
www.samantha-nolan.com

"In your haste to save the world, take care that you do not destroy it."

Moondreamer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2012, 07:42:55 am »
I also hope we do see more emoting on Sicarius's part before and after he saves Am.  Do you think his facade will crack once he realises what happened to her?  The only time we really saw him lost his calm was when he knew Sespian was in danger.  I think maybe it'll happen again...

True story: the real reason I started this thread was because I started imagining the reunion scene between Am and Sic once she's rescued from Pike (or escapes).

We want hugs!!

Oh yes, we want hug!  I hope that particular reunion scene is... well, maybe not teary, but definitely emotionnal.

judy

« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2012, 07:57:02 am »

I know from book 2 that Books knows Sicarius cares, and book 3 Basilard & Books know that he/she cares and in I think it's book 3 but maybe book 4 that Maldynado knows about them too.  He is talking about the team members hooking up and he has to ask for clarification as an aside.

So really the only one who doesn't know is Akstyr because Sespian and Yara can see it on Sicarius and Amarante's reactions with each other.

Knowing what's going on is different from approving. I can't remember when it happened (before or after the end of EE2), but didn't Books confront Amaranthe once about how much time she was spending with Sicarius? I'd like to see the men start to see him the way Amaranthe does. Um, I mean, as someone that could be good... Not as a bed friend ;) Basilard seems to be ok with Sicarius now (ironic, given he's the Mangdorian), but I think Maldynado, Books and Akstyr are less so.
It's possible we remember the events a little differently.