Author Topic: Prep for next contest?  (Read 4438 times)

Mana

• Administrator
Prep for next contest?
« on: August 15, 2012, 06:47:09 am »
Do we want to have another contest right after the Dirty Assassin or wait to see how it goes? 

If we aren't waiting, what should are next contest be about?
www.nault-findley.com
www.samantha-nolan.com

"In your haste to save the world, take care that you do not destroy it."

Kitty

• Explosives - add P for Plenty
Re: Prep for next contest?
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2012, 07:01:41 am »
depends, are you looking to stick with fan fic contests, or move into fan art, or is it just going to be general here's a question now come up with the most amusing what if...? scenario?
Stress /noun/ : The confusion created when the mind must override the body's basic desire to choke the ever-loving-shit out of someone who desperately deserves it.

Moondreamer

• Global Moderator
  • The plot bunnies, they will not leave me alone!!!
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2012, 07:11:30 am »
Well, the end of the fanfic contest will put us very clsoe to EE5's release, so it might be better to wait after it before starting a new contest, no?  Or maybe, Lyndsay at some point had talked about making a contest finding Stumps's real name, we could possibly convince her to do that :D
"You have a disturbing sense of humor."
http://www.nault-findley.com/

sweartoad

• I'm on DeviantArt (occasionally)
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2012, 07:28:33 am »
Exactly - we all have our priorities in the first/second week of September ;)

Meera

• Frosted Buns Enthusiast
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2012, 08:21:21 am »
This reminds me: are we going to promise not to post spoilers for x amount of weeks after release? Or do we hide it under spoiler? Because I want discussions after!
"All right, girl, we are not going to be attracted to the amoral assassin."

Mana

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2012, 08:27:59 am »
This reminds me: are we going to promise not to post spoilers for x amount of weeks after release? Or do we hide it under spoiler? Because I want discussions after!

I'd hide it under spoiler so that people like me, who don't mind knowing, can see it.  Also, I read really fast so I'm guessing some others will be done with EE5 quickly too.
www.nault-findley.com
www.samantha-nolan.com

"In your haste to save the world, take care that you do not destroy it."

Moondreamer

• Global Moderator
  • The plot bunnies, they will not leave me alone!!!
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2012, 08:28:57 am »
Definitely.  Give me 2 days after release, one if it's the weekend, and I'll be done with it and jumping around wanting to discuss it :P
"You have a disturbing sense of humor."
http://www.nault-findley.com/

Meera

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2012, 08:57:27 am »
Yeah I know this'll be a book that I'll fly through and I'll need to talk about it :)

Kitty

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2012, 09:07:36 am »
damn skippy!  will be through it in a few days if its in the week, 2 days tops at weekend
Stress /noun/ : The confusion created when the mind must override the body's basic desire to choke the ever-loving-shit out of someone who desperately deserves it.

AKK

• Before & After & Inbetween - Physicist on the Rampage
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2012, 09:10:25 am »
Definitely.  Give me 2 days after release, one if it's the weekend, and I'll be done with it and jumping around wanting to discuss it :P

First read, probably <24 hours (to get the gist of what happens), then slow reread with tweets to get the details. I usually hate spoilers before the first read, and don't mind them during the second.
However, given that not all ebook sources are equally fast, I totally second putting the discussion in the spoilers section. Otherwise, we would have so many "Spoiler"-bars in the comments, the text wouldn't be readable. :)
"You are not cleared for that."

Kitty

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2012, 09:12:41 am »
would make quite an interesting pin the tail on the donkey game though :D

probably best to keep it in the spoiler section for a month I think to give everyone time to read and/or purchase with different pay day dates.

Cael

• Plot Bunny Breeder
  • These Are Not The Krakens You Are Looking For
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2012, 09:16:42 am »
I wouldn't mind another fanfic contest (or even a prizeless challenge) after the EE5 furor has died down. Maybe one where we pick a scene in one of the books and write the POV for a character not one of the main POVs? I'd really like to see more of Bratty!Akstyr's take in a lot of situations, and I've yet to have anyone bite on my Sicarius POV when Wholt is killed and Amaranthe is mad at kicked-puppy!Sicarius ;D

We could even do like a craft challenge for the folks who aren't artists or authors but can do dolls, wall art, sewing, sculpture and so on. Or a best fanfic/fanart prompt for someone(s) talented in those areas to create for a giveaway or something

IDEAS are taking over my brains *twitch, twitch* (@.@)
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 09:18:31 am by Cael »
Once you've made sure that the signal gets through
There's one final thing that I want you to do
Put me where I'll see stars, so that I can see you
And I'll soar like a leaf on the wind

riamachia

• Wait, what? Why am *I* getting blamed for this?
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2012, 09:35:54 am »
I think it would be safe to say we'll need a whole new series of threads in the Spoilers section. 

Sicarius reacting to every single thing  ;) , Amaranthe's torture/escape/rescue, Mal's perspective...

And of course whatever the BETRAYAL actually is.
Maria
"Is that why you... appreciate me?"
"It's her eyes."

AKK

• Before & After & Inbetween - Physicist on the Rampage
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2012, 09:41:00 am »
I think it would be safe to say we'll need a whole new series of threads in the Spoilers section. 

Sicarius reacting to every single thing  ;) , Amaranthe's torture/escape/rescue, Mal's perspective...

And of course whatever the BETRAYAL actually is.

And it might not just be THE betrayal, but a general topic of the book, thus many betrayals.
"You are not cleared for that."

Meera

« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2012, 11:32:00 am »

First read, probably <24 hours (to get the gist of what happens), then slow reread with tweets to get the details. I usually hate spoilers before the first read, and don't mind them during the second.
However, given that not all ebook sources are equally fast, I totally second putting the discussion in the spoilers section. Otherwise, we would have so many "Spoiler"-bars in the comments, the text wouldn't be readable. :)

I think I have to get a twitter :D And yeah it'll be in the spoilers section unless it's randomly brought up.