Author Topic: In need of female names  (Read 16914 times)

Moondreamer

• Global Moderator
  • The plot bunnies, they will not leave me alone!!!
Re: In need of female names
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2012, 09:30:16 am »
Hmm. I must be the only one who is freaked out by the idea of Amaranthe having kids at 26 :o

lolol, Don't worry, despitie the premise I used in my fic, I really don't want her having kids so young. It was an idea Cael thought of and I ran with it, that's all. I wouldn't really want to see it happen in the books.  In the mean time, I am having fun imagining where they're all at 5 years after the end of the series :P
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 09:48:34 am by Moondreamer »
"You have a disturbing sense of humor."
http://www.nault-findley.com/

Cael

• Plot Bunny Breeder
  • These Are Not The Krakens You Are Looking For
« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2012, 01:27:00 pm »
Hmm. I must be the only one who is freaked out by the idea of Amaranthe having kids at 26 :o

Hee hee. Well, Moondreamer's fic did make it clear the poor bebe was an accident ;)
Once you've made sure that the signal gets through
There's one final thing that I want you to do
Put me where I'll see stars, so that I can see you
And I'll soar like a leaf on the wind

Sarah

• Pants Requisition and Denial
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2012, 03:45:04 pm »

Hee hee. Well, Moondreamer's fic did make it clear the poor bebe was an accident ;)

I could actually see them deciding to have a baby, and Amaranthe coming up with motivational speeches on the topic. Or a plan! Ha. Yes, a plan. Operation: Infiltrated Oven.
"She tried to imagine him married and living in a house in the countryside with a passel of toddlers running around. The vision did not evolve far. If he ever  married, it would have to be to someone who would follow him into the woods and up a tree." -- Dark Currents

Moondreamer

• Global Moderator
  • The plot bunnies, they will not leave me alone!!!
« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2012, 04:05:08 pm »

I could actually see them deciding to have a baby, and Amaranthe coming up with motivational speeches on the topic. Or a plan! Ha. Yes, a plan. Operation: Infiltrated Oven.

that makes the second snicker of the day. So, would Sicarius be in the know?
"You have a disturbing sense of humor."
http://www.nault-findley.com/

Cael

• Plot Bunny Breeder
« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2012, 05:41:53 pm »
I see it more like Am wants one, and damn it, she's going to have one! Sic's already said in his interview he's not against the idea, but I also don't see him as the type to bring it up.

Sarah

• Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2012, 10:55:21 pm »

He'd almost have to be, wouldn't he? I mean, it's going to raise some alarm bells if Amaranthe is like, "We must have sex now! Because I am ovulating up a storm."

I see it falling out as something like this:

Sicarius: Your birthday approaches. Is there anything you would like?
Amaranthe: A baby!
Sicarius: *eyebrow* You wish me to . . . acquire a baby for you?
Amaranthe: No, I want you to give me one of our very own, bed-friend.
"She tried to imagine him married and living in a house in the countryside with a passel of toddlers running around. The vision did not evolve far. If he ever  married, it would have to be to someone who would follow him into the woods and up a tree." -- Dark Currents

maggiej117

« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2012, 10:58:18 pm »

He'd almost have to be, wouldn't he? I mean, it's going to raise some alarm bells if Amaranthe is like, "We must have sex now! Because I am ovulating up a storm."

I see it falling out as something like this:

Amaranthe: No, I want you to give me one of our very own, bed-friend.

Wow... I can kinda see that.

Sarah

• Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2012, 11:15:14 pm »

I can also see Amaranthe presenting a totally nonplussed Book with a research project on fertility, which causes Akstyr to suddenly shatter into a million embarrassed pieces, and Maldynado to attempt to melt through the floor for a moment, followed by mentioning offhand that Mancrest is still single, if she's looking for someone to plant her garden. Basilard would, I think, look with censure on them all and wish Sicarius and Amaranthe luck. I think. He's not above comments about spelunking.

maggiej117

« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2012, 11:24:53 pm »

I can also see Amaranthe presenting a totally nonplussed Book with a research project on fertility, which causes Akstyr to suddenly shatter into a million embarrassed pieces, and Maldynado to attempt to melt through the floor for a moment, followed by mentioning offhand that Mancrest is still single, if she's looking for someone to plant her garden. Basilard would, I think, look with censure on them all and wish Sicarius and Amaranthe luck. I think. He's not above comments about spelunking.

That is a mean way to encourage A.D.D. rants.

Sarah

• Global Moderator
« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2012, 12:10:46 am »

That is a mean way to encourage A.D.D. rants.

Guess what I spent my bathtime tonight thinking about? There are about 16 other more productive things I could have been thinking about during that time.

maggiej117

« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2012, 12:12:12 am »
I know the feeling. Unfortunately, for me it usually happens at school.

Kitty

• Explosives - add P for Plenty
« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2012, 03:59:02 am »
Amaranthe: No, I want you to give me one of our very own, bed-fiend.

There, I've removed the R from friend for you as it makes way much more sense ;)

I can see them agreeign on this.  and as to Sic slowing down, considering all the conditioning he does every day i can't see it happening until he's nearer 80, and even then it'll only be slow by his point of view.  Look at all those people in Asia etc who work out every day like he does, they are the antipathy to age related slowing down.
Stress /noun/ : The confusion created when the mind must override the body's basic desire to choke the ever-loving-shit out of someone who desperately deserves it.

sweartoad

• I'm on DeviantArt (occasionally)
« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2012, 05:03:18 am »
Nah, I totally think Sicarius would be like, "You have said you may want this. When you're ready ... " (kind of like the 'come to me' concept). Except not for like, ten years or so :o

maggiej117

« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2012, 01:04:13 pm »
Any chance of there being more female names?

Cael

• Plot Bunny Breeder
« Reply #44 on: September 14, 2012, 01:45:13 pm »
Ola, Pyra, Cora, Denna