Author Topic: Sicarius' letter  (Read 22349 times)

Kitty

• Explosives - add P for Plenty
Re: Sicarius' letter
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2012, 10:24:16 am »
can't see Sicarius dragging Books pre EE into a dangerous archaeological site, so he would have been unaware if Tikaya and Rias were there at all.
Stress /noun/ : The confusion created when the mind must override the body's basic desire to choke the ever-loving-shit out of someone who desperately deserves it.

ndngirl

• "Whatever you wish, Amaranthe" - Sicarius
  • JenT
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2012, 10:36:25 am »
I always wondered about their time together. I must re read it. How long did they spend together, do we know what they were researching?
""Yes" He kissed her on the neck, and the warmth of his lips sent a wave of heat through her." Sicarius and Amaranthe
Conspiracy

tara32

« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2012, 12:10:04 pm »
Tikaya and Rias.  Joined by sic and ammie.  Treasure hunting team?  WHY YES! 

Cael

• Plot Bunny Breeder
  • These Are Not The Krakens You Are Looking For
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2012, 12:10:16 pm »
We know that they went 'all over the satrapy' and Sicarius needed help researching an 'artifact he'd been hired to retrieve'. but nothing definite
Once you've made sure that the signal gets through
There's one final thing that I want you to do
Put me where I'll see stars, so that I can see you
And I'll soar like a leaf on the wind

sweartoad

• I'm on DeviantArt (occasionally)
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2012, 06:21:34 pm »
Hey your wife hates me, and this is crazy, but my son's the emperor, so write me maybe?

Now that would be awesome.

I'm still wondering whether Sicarius will have a role in the Encrypted sequel. If he did write to Rias in EE5, he has to have some idea where Rias and Tikaya ended up, and he wouldn't have that knowledge from the events in Encrypted. Right?

I've got an inkling here...  Sicarius was in the wilderness for 5 years, and he basically kidnapped Books to go searching for some ancient treasure....  Tikaya and Rias at the end of Encrypted were off to go Indie stylee on archaeology sites....  i sense a thread being woven

I always wondered what he was doing when he wasn't stopping assassination attempts...although I don't think Books would be in on it; he just helped him with research.

But didn't Sicarius say in an interview somewhere that the only time he worked with Tikaya and Rias was during Encrypted? Or did I make that up in my mind?

Meera

• Frosted Buns Enthusiast
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2012, 07:51:06 pm »
No, sweartoad I think you're right. :(
"All right, girl, we are not going to be attracted to the amoral assassin."

Cael

• Plot Bunny Breeder
  • These Are Not The Krakens You Are Looking For
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2012, 08:22:14 pm »
Yeppers. And he never actually said Tikaya's name. He was all 'that Kyattese cryptomancer' :o
Once you've made sure that the signal gets through
There's one final thing that I want you to do
Put me where I'll see stars, so that I can see you
And I'll soar like a leaf on the wind

Sara M.

« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2012, 09:44:52 pm »
Hmm. Here is the relevant part from Lindsay's interview with Sicarius:

LINDSAY: All right, all right. Put your knife away, please. We'll move on. Liana asks, "Tikaya from ENCRYPTED was one of the most formidable women you've met in your life, and you met her while still very young. Readers can't help but notice the similarities between her and Amaranthe. You let Tikaya go, even though your assignment was to kill her, and you keep Amaranthe around even though it isn't in your best interest. So I have two questions for you ... One, was it because Amaranthe resembled Tikaya that you didn't kill her in your first adventure. Two, will you ever tell Amaranthe about Tikaya and Rias, about how they influenced you and whether or not you keep in touch with them?"

SICARIUS: I spent little time with the Kyattese cryptanalyst. I spared her because of Fleet Admiral Starcrest. He is a great man. The emperor was mistaken to wish him dead. As a boy, I read his books on military strategy. I also acquired some of the less ... factual books about his adventures and hid them in my cubby in the Imperial Barracks.

My choice not to kill Amaranthe had nothing to do with the foreign woman. When I met her, she wore a bracelet I recognized, one Sespian made by hand for his mother. I knew he would not have given it away lightly. I did not wish to kill someone who meant something to him.

As for two, I recently had to share the history of the alien technology with Amaranthe, and I explained the role Admiral Starcrest and Professor Komitopis played in decoding the artifacts. I have not kept in touch, as you say, but I would not be adverse to working again with the admiral one day.

I'm not so sure that rules out post-Encrypted adventures. Did the conversation in EE5 get more specific? I can't remember.

sweartoad

• I'm on DeviantArt (occasionally)
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2012, 10:43:55 pm »
Ah - I always read the bit where he said he hadn't stayed in touch to mean that he also hadn't had any other dealings with them. I suppose it's vague enough that he could have, though? (although I personally think that any Decrypted plot is going to involve the person who was responsible for enticing Suan's sister to leave Turgonia and go abroad - someone connected to Forge. It'll probably even be one of the six founding members).

Sara M.

« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2012, 11:49:25 pm »
although I personally think that any Decrypted plot is going to involve the person who was responsible for enticing Suan's sister to leave Turgonia and go abroad - someone connected to Forge. It'll probably even be one of the six founding members).

That would make a lot of sense.

AKK

• Before & After & Inbetween - Physicist on the Rampage
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2012, 01:52:57 am »
Actually, the one thing I can see given all the various snippets and details here and in an other thread whose name I don't recall right now is:

Sicarius had been ordered to finally eliminate Starcrest, because Raumesys didn't get over his hate for the traitor, refused and thus (a) learning of Starcrest's whereabouts and (b) gaining Raumesys's ire for refusing.
"You are not cleared for that."

Kitty

• Explosives - add P for Plenty
« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2012, 03:22:27 am »
could be a whole conglomeration of everything above.
Stress /noun/ : The confusion created when the mind must override the body's basic desire to choke the ever-loving-shit out of someone who desperately deserves it.

Lysana

« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2012, 02:35:17 pm »
Hey your wife hates me, and this is crazy, but my son's the emperor, so write me maybe?

*snort*  Too funny.

Actually, the one thing I can see given all the various snippets and details here and in an other thread whose name I don't recall right now is:

Sicarius had been ordered to finally eliminate Starcrest, because Raumesys didn't get over his hate for the traitor, refused and thus (a) learning of Starcrest's whereabouts and (b) gaining Raumesys's ire for refusing.

See, this is where it gets SO confusing reading the forums.  I thought Sicarius had already more or less either hinted or come out and said that, but the more I think about it, the more I realize that was probably just something I read here.

I think it's getting to be about time to re-read Encrypted....  :)
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 02:44:38 pm by Lysana »

moldynotgo

« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2012, 03:22:19 pm »

I think it's getting to be about time to re-read Encrypted....  :)

Sadly, due to a faulty lock in the dungeon door, you may have a long time to reread Encrypted before Decrypted comes out....

adamai

« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2012, 06:09:05 pm »

That's a very good theory. On conspiracy theories, I can't come up with any good ones on EE, which is one of my favorite  things to do while reading a book. Something to do with being too caught up in the romance parts maybe??  :(