Author Topic: FiB II  (Read 13383 times)

SabrielN7

Re: FiB II
« Reply #60 on: August 20, 2013, 02:20:42 pm »
Are people still around wanting to chat about the books? I hope so!

I was very sad to see Books die, but I agree with what some people have said.  It was a meaningful "redemption" given that he was never going to forgive himself for failing to save his son. I also think that it was good for Akstyr's character growth because it nailed home the value of human life and gave him a heroic motive ("make it worth it") going forward. 

I was delighted with the sex scene at the end! It may have been PG13, but it was blazing hot! I was worried because the sex between Rias and Tikaya is of the "fade to black" variety. I'm generally fine with that, but the unresolved sexual tension between Amaranthe and Sicarius was way too intense to be resolved off-screen.

This is kind of a small detail, but I found it super adorable that Sicarius liked to chill out in the rafters of the Molasses factory. You guys, that is what my cats would do. They would perch up there and swish their tails and watch the door. It also reminds me of a little kid in a tree-house. It's just incredibly endearing.

It also explains his comment (paraphrased) "you can't call it eves-dropping just because you didn't notice I was there." Although I think he does actively eves-drop sometimes, I bet he overheard that conversation with Basilard (about souls) because he was just chillin' out nearby on top of one of the freight cars.

Since people are sharing scenes they would have liked to get from Sic's POV, I will throw in one of mine: in "Beneath the Surface," Amaranthe prattles on about that time in the cave when Sicarius admitted his undying love for her. He blinks slowly, and she says that it's possible they might remember events differently.

I wonder what was going on in his mind there. I'm certain there was a bit of "Amaranthe is very strange," and a lot of "this is my cue to respond but I don't know how." What I want to know is, was else was was he thinking?

I would also like to know when he started to soften up towards Amaranthe. I wouldn't say that I necessarily want scenes from his POV from the first book, because he was so cold then, but I wonder when it started to become "a lot of work" to keep himself distanced and professional.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 08:32:06 pm by SabrielN7 »
This appears to have fallen from a great height.

SPYforYOU

« Reply #61 on: August 20, 2013, 03:22:55 pm »
It cracked me up that during the funeral Sicarius was thinking of pulling Amaranthe away and ravishing her in the woods.
Other than that, I was sad to see the characters continue on with their lives. Akstyr growing up and Basilard going to find his daughter.
I kind of feel that Amaranthe will have symptoms of withdrawal without any excitement and blowing stuff up to keep her on her toes.
I'll def miss the gang!
Party the hardest on Wednesdays :)

SPYforYOU

« Reply #62 on: August 20, 2013, 03:26:17 pm »
There is...don't know when it'll be posted. It's definitely steamier.
Need. That. NOW!

Second that! Or is this third? Maybe fourth :P
Party the hardest on Wednesdays :)

Moondreamer

• Global Moderator
  • The plot bunnies, they will not leave me alone!!!
« Reply #63 on: August 20, 2013, 03:47:55 pm »
"You have a disturbing sense of humor."
http://www.nault-findley.com/

SabrielN7

« Reply #64 on: August 20, 2013, 08:47:15 pm »
Wait, that's not fanfic? I saw that and read that (but I did not the whole thread) and assumed that when kchighley said Lindsay was the one to thank, she meant it in a "the world and all characters belong to the original author" sort of way.

I mean, I thought it was =good= fanfic, but I did not realize that I could consider the it to be canon. :-D I am vastly pleased that the cunnilingus is canon. 
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 09:10:27 pm by SabrielN7 »

SabrielN7

« Reply #65 on: August 20, 2013, 08:56:06 pm »
It cracked me up that during the funeral Sicarius was thinking of pulling Amaranthe away and ravishing her in the woods.
Other than that, I was sad to see the characters continue on with their lives. Akstyr growing up and Basilard going to find his daughter.
I kind of feel that Amaranthe will have symptoms of withdrawal without any excitement and blowing stuff up to keep her on her toes.
I'll def miss the gang!

I think her symptoms of withdrawal will last about as long as Rias's poor submarine. That ship doesn't stand much of a chance. :-(

Kitty

• Explosives - add P for Plenty
« Reply #66 on: August 21, 2013, 04:45:43 am »
its built by Rias = indestructable
Stress /noun/ : The confusion created when the mind must override the body's basic desire to choke the ever-loving-shit out of someone who desperately deserves it.

Mana

• Administrator
« Reply #67 on: August 21, 2013, 05:34:25 am »

I'm pretty sure he tried to blow the thing up a few times himself.
www.nault-findley.com
www.samantha-nolan.com

"In your haste to save the world, take care that you do not destroy it."

K2N2

« Reply #68 on: August 21, 2013, 10:54:27 am »
Well Rias was calculating the depth needed to implode it in Decrypted so its not to much of a leap that he also has had to calculate the stresses needed to explode it too.  Nothing like inadvertent stress testing under real life conditions.  (Hmmm....that sounds suspiciously like a plot bunny)

SabrielN7

« Reply #69 on: August 21, 2013, 01:31:07 pm »

Hmm, that is a good point. The submarine has a chance.

I wonder if he built in a self-destruct feature, like the space ship? I'm sure it would have crossed his mind, but he might have decided against it since the ship was for him and Tikaya.

Maggie

« Reply #70 on: January 14, 2014, 06:55:18 pm »
Definitely a meaningful redemption, though incredibly sad. I cried my eyes out. Is it wrong for me to be so attached to fictitious characters!? No, no it's not. 
"I didn't faint, I passed out in a manly way."