Author Topic: Sicarius Big Moment O Backslide in EE5  (Read 6383 times)

Mana

• Administrator
Re: Sicarius Big Moment O Backslide in EE5
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2012, 11:43:49 am »
I think people generally tend to progress in a two-steps-forward/one-step-back manner.  Faced with what was certainly a rather overwhelming large plot again Sespian, I thought his desire to kill the lot of them fallback was pretty in keeping with the character.  Also, I wish he'd of done it.   Probably wouldn't have completely collapsed Forge, but it would have put a hurting on it.  And it would potentially given Sespian control of the technology. 

I also think he was being nicer than usual about the not-killing thing for part of the time because of her being tortured and having a rough couple weeks.  Ya know, it's good when guys do little things like avoiding cold blooded killing to show their affection.

I remember thinking, "Ah, nuts, there he goes again." but not "dammit, I thought you were better than that now." So I agree with even though I didn't like it, it stayed with character.
www.nault-findley.com
www.samantha-nolan.com

"In your haste to save the world, take care that you do not destroy it."

moldynotgo

« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2012, 05:53:23 am »
And BTW, welcome to the forum Andi!

IronFist

• I'm a Genius
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2012, 04:54:28 pm »
I was a bit angry with Sicarius when he disobeyed Amaranthe and Sespian when he decided to go after the people in Forge, but since they displayed a threat to them I was expecting it I was just disappointed when he did go after them
Too many hard angles, she told herself. It would be like sleeping with a rock. Who would want that?
Me, some insidious thought whispered.

maggiej117

« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2012, 05:32:05 pm »
I think it's probably foolish to think they would ever have complete control Sicarius. No matter how close to him they may be if he has to risk their hatred to keep them safe, he would likely do so.

I'm not sure how much sense this comment makes. I feel like I screwed something up in writing it.

Cael

• Plot Bunny Breeder
  • These Are Not The Krakens You Are Looking For
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2012, 05:42:03 pm »
Eh, maybe it's because I've always looked on the 'parent panic' moments in the books with a raised eyebrow... They always seemed to me to be a little like 'look, he's human. Huuuumaaaaan. He has feelings too!' (Leo from VGCats is in my head saying this, even. Welcome to my world).
Once you've made sure that the signal gets through
There's one final thing that I want you to do
Put me where I'll see stars, so that I can see you
And I'll soar like a leaf on the wind

Kitty

• Explosives - add P for Plenty
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2012, 07:33:32 am »
not as scary as some worlds i've wandered through...

Maggie it makes sense.  Parents will go all out to protect their child, and in Sicarius' case he has extra, very lethal skills to call on.  Makes sense to me.  Just wish he'd haul back a little once in a while and assess properly.  Going psycho in the underwater lair was a bit odd to me.  if he had come last in order to give everyone else a chance of escape then i could understand it, but he deliberately went all out to kill as many Forge as he could, when that had already proven fruitless back in Stumps.  Didn't think he'd make the same mistake twice.
Stress /noun/ : The confusion created when the mind must override the body's basic desire to choke the ever-loving-shit out of someone who desperately deserves it.

Cael

• Plot Bunny Breeder
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2012, 09:56:45 am »
I suppose that's what I'm trying to say... it's not that he's going against Am and Sespain's wishes, but that it was suprising he would try a tactic that had already been proven to not work. On top of that, this time there's Am there saying "This can't be everyone in Forge, and we're not even sure if it's all the top people".

Mana

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2012, 10:14:22 am »
I suppose that's what I'm trying to say... it's not that he's going against Am and Sespain's wishes, but that it was suprising he would try a tactic that had already been proven to not work. On top of that, this time there's Am there saying "This can't be everyone in Forge, and we're not even sure if it's all the top people".

In his eyes "some top people" is equally as good as "all top people" any threat removed is a positive according to how he was taught.

If all the missions he went on in his life, none of them could get rid of the "entire" threat to Turgonia. It would always be just a piece so it makes sense that although he can't get them all, he can get some of the pieces.
www.nault-findley.com
www.samantha-nolan.com

Cael

• Plot Bunny Breeder
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2012, 10:20:55 am »
Interesting notion. I hadn't thought of it like that (the whole threat can't be eliminated for the nation).

But on the other hand, I would think his training demands he learn from previous failed plans and adjust his actions enough to come out on top the next time - gather more intel, get to the heart of it...

(Yes, I know I'm thinking way too deep into this but the forum's quiet and people are talking to me as long as I beat this dead horse :P )
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 10:23:40 am by Cael »

Kitty

• Explosives - add P for Plenty
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2012, 10:46:30 am »
Maybe he felt it was a catch22.  He had the chance to take out some, if not all of the highest ranking members of forge, even though he knew it would make little difference in the end.  Right there and then he decided to try and injure Forge and slow it down, make it retreat a little to rethink, giving him time to plan a stronger attack in a different way.

thing is Sicarius cannot think outside of his constrained box yet, he needs Ammy to do that while he learns.  Maybe at the back of his mind he thinks injure the coalition enough to make it pause, giving time to think of something better.  A twisted way of thinking it through but coldly logical to him.
Stress /noun/ : The confusion created when the mind must override the body's basic desire to choke the ever-loving-shit out of someone who desperately deserves it.

riamachia

• Wait, what? Why am *I* getting blamed for this?
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2012, 10:08:07 am »
Or he could have just hoped that Amaranthe was wrong.  Maybe it WAS the higher ups.  Maybe it WAS all of them.  Maybe the secret could be contained and Sespian would never have to know not find out right now.
Maria
"Is that why you... appreciate me?"
"It's her eyes."

Mana

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2012, 10:31:57 am »
Since his fall back is kill the enemy, I would think he'd attack just for the reason "a dead enemy is a good enemy"

*Still wish he hadn't*
www.nault-findley.com
www.samantha-nolan.com

TorieBrook

« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2013, 11:59:06 am »
Amaranthe may have put a leash on him but a tiger is still a tiger and will act accordingly.