Author Topic: Peer Pressure: Everyone else is writing a book; are you?  (Read 11351 times)

riamachia

• Wait, what? Why am *I* getting blamed for this?
Re: Peer Pressure: Everyone else is writing a book; are you?
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2012, 08:43:01 pm »
I'll probably release a few, but some will never see the light of day.  :) And that's a very good thing, LOL!

orly?  Are they.... naughty?   :P
Maria
"Is that why you... appreciate me?"
"It's her eyes."

kchighley

• Evil Overlord, cat lover, warrior of the red pen.
    • Yeah, here I am
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2012, 08:44:04 pm »
I'll probably release a few, but some will never see the light of day.  :) And that's a very good thing, LOL!

orly?  Are they.... naughty?   :P

One...kind of is, for YA. The rest are just b.a.d. Bad.
"Should we take their clothes?"
"To what end?"
"....Pockets?"

Find me on Facebook

rklonewolf

• I am NOT responsible...
    • Art of Lone Wolf
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2012, 08:48:19 pm »
I get so many ideas, but i can never finish a book. I am hoping to work seriously on a middle grade-high school grade (that ANY age can read) fantasy novel sometime soon.

Going back to page one, may I announce that we have two new words in the forum (that I've noticed): EEing and Badassery                      ( http://the-emperors-edge.com/forum/index.php?topic=226.msg9778#msg9778 )

"We will discuss what I call a sprint the next time the group trains."

exstock

• Carnivorous
« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2012, 01:48:49 am »
OK, tonight?  The EEing is definitely getting in the way of my writing.   The Aunties are displeased.  :o
"I'm getting my turtleneck. I'm not defusing a bomb in this!"

moldynotgo

« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2012, 06:21:45 am »
It's always been the back my mind. usually really really far back. verizon fanfiction his remind me how much fun it is. I've been seriously contemplating trying to pull together some of my random ideas that I have had floating around for years

Okay, I give up: What DID autocorrect do to the above?

Kitty

• Explosives - add P for Plenty
« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2012, 06:23:36 am »
christ knows.  have to admit i have about 8 or so completed books at home in cheshire i wrote as a teen, with several others begun or notes made for.  now stuck on short stories of the smexy kind *sigh* one day i'll get back to those books
Stress /noun/ : The confusion created when the mind must override the body's basic desire to choke the ever-loving-shit out of someone who desperately deserves it.

rklonewolf

• I am NOT responsible...
    • Art of Lone Wolf
« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2012, 12:02:25 pm »
That's what we all say. One day... *sigh*

I wrote some stories about what went on at the restaurant where I worked. Exaggerated bad-guy-busting stories...
"We will discuss what I call a sprint the next time the group trains."

exstock

• Carnivorous
« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2012, 01:14:17 pm »
I'm currently trying to make myself write at least 1000 words a day, but it's not working too well for me right now.  It's not so much the busyness, which being self-employed I can generally juggle; it's the fact that I've been planning out a series of 8 books for at least as many years now, but have decided that what I should try to publish first is a stand-alone, loosely connected, sequel-that-works-as-a-prequel type book, set in the same universe.  It makes sense to me to do it this way, not just as a practice book (which I certainly need--look at all these run-on sentences! :) ) but also because I want to have the series planned out as much as possible in advance so that I don't write myself into any corners or find myself wanting to retcon things in book 5, but... as I'm writing the stand-alone, I keep coming up with things for the series, and so I keep spending my writing time on that instead, and mentally justifying it because, well, I do need to write the series, too.  Argh!

ETA: 100th post!  That's gotta be at least 1000 words.  *weep*
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 01:24:39 pm by exstock »
"I'm getting my turtleneck. I'm not defusing a bomb in this!"

K2N2

« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2012, 04:56:09 pm »
I don't have a book in progress.  However, if I ever want to I have a fully fleshed out fantasy world (1,000 + pages of background complete with maps) that I could use as a setting.  I fully expect that one of these days a character or a situation is going to come out of the woodwork and bug me into writing it.  That's what happened when I started writing fan fic and given the way plot bunnies breed I can see it happening.

AKK

• Before & After & Inbetween - Physicist on the Rampage
« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2012, 04:36:42 am »
Does a doctorate thesis (published 2011) count?

Otherwise, there's only a couple of novel sized fanfic epics, which will stay free on the web! :)=
"You are not cleared for that."

Kitty

« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2012, 04:47:30 am »
thesis always count as they are epic undertakings.
Stress /noun/ : The confusion created when the mind must override the body's basic desire to choke the ever-loving-shit out of someone who desperately deserves it.

AKK

« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2012, 04:58:22 am »
thesis always count as they are epic undertakings.

Then I'm guilty as charged. ;)

Kitty

« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2012, 07:04:32 am »
I'd say print it but I wouldn't understand a word of it.  i can't even undestand what the hell i was going on about in my own degree thesis and i wrote the chuffing thing!

AKK

« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2012, 07:09:00 am »
I'd say print it but I wouldn't understand a word of it.  i can't even undestand what the hell i was going on about in my own degree thesis and i wrote the chuffing thing!

It is printed. And in the university library. And available as ebook (which is a lot cheaper than having to order the 50+ issues required otherwise) via the university library.

Kitty

« Reply #44 on: September 14, 2012, 07:11:11 am »
you had to print 50+ issues?!  I got stung needing 3!  Though I believe mine went into the library as i got an A grade for it.  Big words = good grades :D