Author Topic: Peer Pressure: Everyone else is writing a book; are you?  (Read 12519 times)

Pomidora

Re: Peer Pressure: Everyone else is writing a book; are you?
« Reply #60 on: February 17, 2013, 06:56:45 am »
... I have one finished short story that I wrote in high school... it's really awful and full of angsty teenager crap.  I also have several started but unfinished stories, because school likes to be awful and take me away from them.
I also don't have the patience to write an entire story.  Or the focus... I get excited about one scene, write it, then get bored. D:

LMSherwin

« Reply #61 on: February 19, 2013, 09:08:40 am »
*Shyly raises hand* I'm a writer. I've got two books out now and am working on others. LindsayB was a HUGE inspiration for me during  my publishing process.
L.M. Sherwin
Author and Book-Nerd
Website
Facebook

Kitty

• Explosives - add P for Plenty
« Reply #62 on: February 19, 2013, 09:58:29 am »
I'm got the book in my head, if I ever defeat my epic laziness and write it is another matter :D
Stress /noun/ : The confusion created when the mind must override the body's basic desire to choke the ever-loving-shit out of someone who desperately deserves it.

LMSherwin

« Reply #63 on: February 19, 2013, 09:59:59 am »
I'm got the book in my head, if I ever defeat my epic laziness and write it is another matter :D

You can do it, Kitty! Just sit down and write that sucker! :-)
L.M. Sherwin
Author and Book-Nerd
Website
Facebook

Kitty

• Explosives - add P for Plenty
« Reply #64 on: February 19, 2013, 10:01:21 am »
Am lazy on the DNA level, and written english isn't my strong point due to laziness in editing ;)

will get there one day. then it'll get put away with all the  other books and short stories i've written over the years
Stress /noun/ : The confusion created when the mind must override the body's basic desire to choke the ever-loving-shit out of someone who desperately deserves it.

Moondreamer

• Global Moderator
  • The plot bunnies, they will not leave me alone!!!
« Reply #65 on: February 19, 2013, 10:38:36 am »
Wow, since that first posts months ago, things have changed quite a bit O_o. Not only is Romance and Mayhem finished (at last, 35k words, I wasn't planning on a novella!) but my first novel, co-authored with our own Forum moderator Mana, is in the last stage of editing while we're working on getting books 2 onto the page. Lindsay inspired us quite a bit and we are going the self-publishing route, hoping for a march release!

Long live all the authors getting inspired on this forum ^_^
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 10:58:36 am by Moondreamer »
"You have a disturbing sense of humor."
http://www.nault-findley.com/

Mana

• Administrator
« Reply #66 on: February 19, 2013, 11:05:52 am »
Wow, since that first posts months ago, things have changed quite a bit O_o. Not only is Romance and Mayhem finished (at last, 35k words, I wasn't planning on a novella!) but my first novel, co-authored with our own Forum moderator Mana, is in the last stage of editing while we're working on getting books 2 onto the page. Lindsay inspired us quite a bit and we are going the self-publishing route, hoping for a march release!

*points accusingly* It was all her idea!
www.nault-findley.com
www.samantha-nolan.com

"In your haste to save the world, take care that you do not destroy it."

Moondreamer

• Global Moderator
  • The plot bunnies, they will not leave me alone!!!
« Reply #67 on: February 19, 2013, 11:10:34 am »

*points back* You were a willing participant!
"You have a disturbing sense of humor."
http://www.nault-findley.com/

Mana

• Administrator
« Reply #68 on: February 19, 2013, 11:14:22 am »

*points back* You were a willing participant!

*sticks out tongue*
www.nault-findley.com
www.samantha-nolan.com

"In your haste to save the world, take care that you do not destroy it."

LMSherwin

« Reply #69 on: February 19, 2013, 01:11:33 pm »
That's super exciting, you guys!
L.M. Sherwin
Author and Book-Nerd
Website
Facebook

Gubbelhexe

« Reply #70 on: October 31, 2015, 10:15:32 am »
hmm, I'm not really a writer... BUT I've got some unfinished stories gathering dust around here somewhere (all between 15 and 60 pages, so nothing big)

I did however write a book together with a friend about 16 or 17 years ago but we never managed to get it published. After trying for some years we finally decided that even so we loved all 300 pages of that story it must be crap because nobody was interested in publishing it.  *sigh* We got so angry one day that we deleted it and burned the printed version we had made for ourselves  :o  :'(
I wonder why we did this... I would have liked reading it again some day *sigh* Well I guess angry teenagers do stupid things sometimes...