Author Topic: Secret Santacarius fic/art exchange?  (Read 8405 times)

Cael

• Plot Bunny Breeder
  • These Are Not The Krakens You Are Looking For
Re: Secret Santacarius fic/art exchange?
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2012, 04:40:36 pm »
I think that a random assignment system would work. Each item can be posted first without a recipient named (so people can ooo and ahhh and wish it was for them) and then the topics could be changed to reflect who they're for. If I can convince my husband to shell out money for shipping, I might even send little kraken-y presents out to all the participants ;D
Once you've made sure that the signal gets through
There's one final thing that I want you to do
Put me where I'll see stars, so that I can see you
And I'll soar like a leaf on the wind

sweartoad

• I'm on DeviantArt (occasionally)
« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2012, 05:31:36 pm »
It's like a circle where nobody knows who's behind them, only who's standing in front of them. They make a gift for the person in front, while receiving a gift from the person behind. I'd say it would be cool to keep it anonymous, but you'd all know it was me if I did a drawing :D

I'd say that if we do this we should have a submission date a few days before the big revelation so that way we can make sure everyone's got a gift (and if someone misses out there's still time to do one for them).

moldynotgo

« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2012, 06:50:01 pm »
<insert next stupid question>
Are we talking about physical items, like you mail me a hand-knitted throwing knife sleeve, and I mail Lindsay a hand-painted dungeon pencil case, and she mails someone a copy of the Unpublished Cave Scene?

Sarah

• Pants Requisition and Denial
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2012, 06:52:11 pm »
I obviously did not think about the art being difficult to keep anonymous! Slightly more obvious who the creator is there. Heh. Anonymous recipients is an interesting take on it, though. Like not wrapping your presents.

Quote from: sweartoad
I'd say that if we do this we should have a submission date a few days before the big revelation so that way we can make sure everyone's got a gift (and if someone misses out there's still time to do one for them).

Yes, absolutely! In case someone gets hits by a bus. Or something slightly less drastic happens, like a really bad cold or writer's block.

I think we should have a deadline to . . . resign? That's not the word I'm going for, but the right one isn't coming to me. A deadline to let whoever's in charge know that you're not going to be able to deliver a story or art.

moldy, I was thinking purely digital stuff -- fanfic or fanart. Sending stuff through the mail could get super expensive, since we're all scattered around the globe.
"She tried to imagine him married and living in a house in the countryside with a passel of toddlers running around. The vision did not evolve far. If he ever  married, it would have to be to someone who would follow him into the woods and up a tree." -- Dark Currents

moldynotgo

« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2012, 06:54:33 pm »

moldy, I was thinking purely digital stuff -- fanfic or fanart. Sending stuff through the mail could get super expensive, since we're all scattered around the globe.

Ah, good. Although I was excited about my knife sleeve...

Cael

• Plot Bunny Breeder
  • These Are Not The Krakens You Are Looking For
« Reply #35 on: October 24, 2012, 06:59:51 pm »
Although I would not be against making something that needs to be mailed ;)

And, obviously, the Kraken Army would need to be mailed
Once you've made sure that the signal gets through
There's one final thing that I want you to do
Put me where I'll see stars, so that I can see you
And I'll soar like a leaf on the wind

Sarah

• Global Moderator
« Reply #36 on: October 24, 2012, 07:01:39 pm »
And I could make someone a hell of a silk garrote! Maybe we could do an implements of death exchange for Valentine's Day.
"She tried to imagine him married and living in a house in the countryside with a passel of toddlers running around. The vision did not evolve far. If he ever  married, it would have to be to someone who would follow him into the woods and up a tree." -- Dark Currents

Kitty

• Explosives - add P for Plenty
« Reply #37 on: October 25, 2012, 04:06:56 am »
Nothign says 'I love you' like a hand made weapon of pain and misery :D

I'd be willing to pay for a Kraken shipped to the UK, so long as I've got another job by then :(
Stress /noun/ : The confusion created when the mind must override the body's basic desire to choke the ever-loving-shit out of someone who desperately deserves it.

LindsayB

• I write books. ;)
    • http://www.lindsayburoker.com
« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2012, 10:52:54 pm »
Pardon me being stupid, but how would this work exactly?

I would secretly make a haiku about Akstyr's armpits for Sweartoad, and she would secretly make me a full color poster of Sicarius holding a sword aloft ala' He-Man for me?

So, if I sent someone a signed book for Christmas, I could get armpit haiku from Moldynotgo?? Would it be illustrated? Like the Future Careers poster? This sounds like a good deal to me...

Sarah

• Global Moderator
« Reply #39 on: October 27, 2012, 12:52:30 am »
Yes! Armpit haikus for everyone who participates!

Even if I have to write them all myself. Seeing as I am not moldynotgo, this may prove a disappointment, but I will endeavor to write some quality haiku, utilizing every one of the senses.

Mana

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: October 27, 2012, 11:45:24 am »
Not sure how I can contribute, but a signed book or Sweartoad art sure has me entering for the chance...

I think the participants need to be figured out by Nov 1 (agree? disagree?) and then everyone do what they can to get it done. 

Who started the idea again?

Who is organizing this?
www.nault-findley.com
www.samantha-nolan.com

"In your haste to save the world, take care that you do not destroy it."

Sarah

• Global Moderator
« Reply #41 on: October 28, 2012, 12:26:28 am »
I started it. And I think I put myself in charge, because it was my idea. Also because I'm not expecting, like, a billion people to sign up, so I should be able to do the matching by pulling names out of a cereal bowl. Like we do for Christmas in our family. It's a pretty sophisticated system.

Yeah, you heard me. Sophisticated. Like a postwar spy ring organized by the CIA. I put the names in the bowl all at once. But then I take them out one at a time. Sometimes? Sometimes I wear sunglasses to maintain my own anonymity. I call myself Mother Hubbard, though my cupboard is not bare.

I really wish I was drunk right now, but the truth is that it's just been a really long night.

Mana

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: October 28, 2012, 10:44:40 am »
I started it. And I think I put myself in charge, because it was my idea. Also because I'm not expecting, like, a billion people to sign up, so I should be able to do the matching by pulling names out of a cereal bowl. Like we do for Christmas in our family. It's a pretty sophisticated system.

Yeah, you heard me. Sophisticated. Like a postwar spy ring organized by the CIA. I put the names in the bowl all at once. But then I take them out one at a time. Sometimes? Sometimes I wear sunglasses to maintain my own anonymity. I call myself Mother Hubbard, though my cupboard is not bare.

I really wish I was drunk right now, but the truth is that it's just been a really long night.

I nearly snorted coffee all over my keyboard.
www.nault-findley.com
www.samantha-nolan.com

"In your haste to save the world, take care that you do not destroy it."

LindsayB

• I write books. ;)
    • http://www.lindsayburoker.com
« Reply #43 on: October 28, 2012, 12:26:04 pm »
Yes! Armpit haikus for everyone who participates!

Even if I have to write them all myself. Seeing as I am not moldynotgo, this may prove a disappointment, but I will endeavor to write some quality haiku, utilizing every one of the senses.

Armpit-themed haiku that utilizes "every one of the senses" could be alarming. Smell? ...TASTE? *shudder*

moldynotgo

« Reply #44 on: October 28, 2012, 03:54:30 pm »
<clears throat>

Walt Whitman's got you covered (albeit not haiku):

I believe in the flesh and the appetites,
Seeing, hearing, feeling, are miracles, and each part and tag of me is a miracle.
Divine am I inside and out, and I make holy whatever I touch or am touched from,
The scent of these armpits aroma finer than prayer,
This head more than churches, bibles, and all the creeds.