Author Topic: The Society Pages  (Read 26458 times)

Sarah

• Pants Requisition and Denial
  • Global Moderator
The Society Pages
« on: October 29, 2012, 04:02:40 pm »
I asked moldynotgo permission a while ago to write a sequel to her wonderful Haste to the Wedding, because someone in the thread mentioned something about the newspaper reporting on it, and I went, "Poor Deret! . . . ooh, plot bunny."

So, we have a fic in which Deret is on a disgruntled mission to get the story, while Amaranthe and Sicarius are nowhere to be found, because they're on their honeymoon. Mal plans a party. Cows invade the waterfront as the city burns.

With thanks to Meera for her consultation on many aspects of this fic, but especially Sicarius assisting Amaranthe in answering her question, which was a fairly big concern of mine. :P

First chapter RIGHT HERE, with more to follow. Hopefully in short order! I'm mostly finished right now, but I have a couple bridging scenes that are giving me trouble.

If anyone hasn't used AO3 before, if you look in the upper right hand corner, you can download the fic as a PDF, or a .mobi, .epub or HTML file, if you read fic on an e-reader. If anyone can't access the site (because you're at work, though I'm sure no one here would ever use work time to read EE fic), then I'll upload the PDF to the boards.

ETA: OH HEY. Maybe I will rate this thing. PG-13/soft R-ish? Nothing that couldn't be shown on primetime TV, and significantly less so than some episodes of NYPD Blue. If anybody recalls that bare-butted rigmarole.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 03:36:45 pm by Sarah »
"She tried to imagine him married and living in a house in the countryside with a passel of toddlers running around. The vision did not evolve far. If he ever  married, it would have to be to someone who would follow him into the woods and up a tree." -- Dark Currents

Moondreamer

• Global Moderator
  • The plot bunnies, they will not leave me alone!!!
Re: The Society Pages
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2012, 04:35:14 pm »
Oh my... that was like candy. Sweet, luscious candy. Can't wait for more.
"You have a disturbing sense of humor."
http://www.nault-findley.com/

Sarah

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2012, 04:49:11 pm »
Mwah ha ha! Excuse me while I run a victory lap. <3 <3 <3

ETA: So, seriously, I was worried about the butt pinch. And squishy bear. Maybe that entire scene. And the original characters and all the other stuff I made up -- I almost posted this in the AU forum. But since no one has threatened me with violence, I will assume that  I was being silly. Or that there are people secretly plotting against me, but either way we should be in for an interesting time. :P
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 05:17:55 pm by Sarah »
"She tried to imagine him married and living in a house in the countryside with a passel of toddlers running around. The vision did not evolve far. If he ever  married, it would have to be to someone who would follow him into the woods and up a tree." -- Dark Currents

moldynotgo

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2012, 05:18:40 pm »
OH MY GAWRSH, I LOVED IT!!

The Deret plot bit sounds great, can't wait to hear more. And I wish WISH you could have seen the idiot doofy open mouthed grin on my face as I read the awakening scene. SQUEEEEEEE!!!!

Meera

• Frosted Buns Enthusiast
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2012, 05:52:31 pm »
LOVE this. Beginning made me squee, and I like where you're going in regards to Deret. :)

And also: yay fanfic! There's been a SERIOUS dry spell over here...
"All right, girl, we are not going to be attracted to the amoral assassin."

Cael

• Plot Bunny Breeder
  • These Are Not The Krakens You Are Looking For
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2012, 05:54:17 pm »
AYEEEEEEE! The first part made me fangirl squee ;D
Once you've made sure that the signal gets through
There's one final thing that I want you to do
Put me where I'll see stars, so that I can see you
And I'll soar like a leaf on the wind

Sarah

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2012, 08:01:15 pm »
Yay, Deret Mancrest love! I adore him, and I'm so glad other people are excited to see something about him. The next chapter . . . thickens things up. Take that as you will.

But I understand I need to get writing or I'll be cast into a dungeon? :P

Sara M.

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2012, 09:29:24 pm »
So cute! And well-written to boot. Good job.  :)

Cael

• Plot Bunny Breeder
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2012, 09:58:42 pm »
Yay, Deret Mancrest love! I adore him, and I'm so glad other people are excited to see something about him. The next chapter . . . thickens things up. Take that as you will.

It's not so bad in here. They gave us an air hockey table a few days ago

Meera

• Frosted Buns Enthusiast
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2012, 10:09:02 pm »

And you will lose it if you don't keep working.  >:(
"All right, girl, we are not going to be attracted to the amoral assassin."

Sarah

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2012, 10:11:34 pm »

Oh, that's nice! I was expecting, like, generic Oreos and skim milk, maybe a Scrabble game with most of the vowels missing.

Cael

• Plot Bunny Breeder
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2012, 10:27:26 pm »

Oh, that's nice! I was expecting, like, generic Oreos and skim milk, maybe a Scrabble game with most of the vowels missing.

It gets kinda damp, but there's wifi.

Shh, don't tell anyone but I think LB even got an air mattress down here somehow

Moondreamer

• Global Moderator
  • The plot bunnies, they will not leave me alone!!!
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2012, 10:43:55 pm »

Hmm... I wish I had your dungeon. Can I share the hockey table?

It gets kinda damp, but there's wifi.

Shh, don't tell anyone but I think LB even got an air mattress down here somehow
"You have a disturbing sense of humor."
http://www.nault-findley.com/

Sara M.

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2012, 10:56:13 pm »

I'd rather have a Scrabble game with most of the vowels missing than a Scrabble game with most of the consonants missing.  :P

sweartoad

• I'm on DeviantArt (occasionally)
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2012, 12:11:19 am »
I LOVED IT. Seriously woman. Next chapter now!!

Also, who gets to hang out in the dungeon? Is this one of those things that make me want it even more because I'm not there?