Author Topic: The Society Pages  (Read 29169 times)

Sarah

• Pants Requisition and Denial
  • Global Moderator
Re: The Society Pages
« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2012, 08:16:26 pm »
Oh my...the smile I have on my face can only be described as deranged.  :)

Like that thing that Meera just posted?

Meera, what the hell is that? It looks like it's so fluffy it's gonna die, and not necessarily in a good way.

Thanks, everyone! Back to chicken cussing.
"She tried to imagine him married and living in a house in the countryside with a passel of toddlers running around. The vision did not evolve far. If he ever  married, it would have to be to someone who would follow him into the woods and up a tree." -- Dark Currents

Meera

• Frosted Buns Enthusiast
« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2012, 08:28:53 pm »
Lol. I have no idea. I just like its reaction.  :D

Is this one better?

« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 08:34:38 pm by Meera »
"All right, girl, we are not going to be attracted to the amoral assassin."

Cael

• Plot Bunny Breeder
  • These Are Not The Krakens You Are Looking For
« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2012, 09:31:13 pm »
BWAHAHAHA!!! I believe doodlebug and pookie were both my suggestion? *feels proud*

By the way, I love SicAm fluff. I could live on SicAm fluff. It's so... delicious.
Once you've made sure that the signal gets through
There's one final thing that I want you to do
Put me where I'll see stars, so that I can see you
And I'll soar like a leaf on the wind

riamachia

• Wait, what? Why am *I* getting blamed for this?
« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2012, 10:04:58 pm »
This could #SoTotally be my new #Fangirl icon!
Maria
"Is that why you... appreciate me?"
"It's her eyes."

Moondreamer

• Global Moderator
  • The plot bunnies, they will not leave me alone!!!
« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2012, 10:05:17 pm »
BWAHAHAHA!!! I believe doodlebug and pookie were both my suggestion? *feels proud*

By the way, I love SicAm fluff. I could live on SicAm fluff. It's so... delicious.

DElicious seems a term that comes back again and again for this fic. like a very rich and creamy chocolate cake... Mmmm... now, I want chocolate cake.
"You have a disturbing sense of humor."
http://www.nault-findley.com/

sweartoad

• I'm on DeviantArt (occasionally)
« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2012, 12:37:15 am »
Not only am I a big supporter of no pants, I am also the president of the Bathtub Appreciation Society. Also, THIS FREAKING ROCKS.

That is all.

Sarah

• Global Moderator
« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2012, 02:10:10 am »
The chicken scene is done! Yay! Or, rather, the Mal and Deret scene that happens to feature Isabel is done. Those two were the problem, not her. Isabel was a gem.

So, I've gone back and edited the second chapter to include the chicken scene. So go and read it! It comes right after the no pants section.

I've also posted the third chapter RIGHT HERE. If you read it, you will discover . . . well, hopefully you'll be as surprised as Deret was when he got back to the office.

The next installment will have to wait until next week, I think, because I have quite a bit of editing to do on what I have written and some new scenes to write yet. So, patience? If you can? Maybe re-read the fluff if you feel deprived?

Apologies to any journalists out there. Deret is such a bad journalist. Ethics? What journalistic ethics? He can interview his best friend and cover a story about his current crush if he wants! They just duke it out in the streets in Turgonia if interests get conflicted! That's their ethics!
"She tried to imagine him married and living in a house in the countryside with a passel of toddlers running around. The vision did not evolve far. If he ever  married, it would have to be to someone who would follow him into the woods and up a tree." -- Dark Currents

Sarah

• Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2012, 02:22:15 am »
Lol. I have no idea. I just like its reaction.  :D

Is this one better?

Yes, absolutely! Now, does anybody have a fart gun?

Sarah

• Global Moderator
« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2012, 02:40:27 am »

They were! And you should feel proud, because they are truly the most inappropriate names for Sicarius in the world.

Kitty

• Explosives - add P for Plenty
« Reply #39 on: November 02, 2012, 06:46:21 am »
aww Deret she's a better match fror you sweety, don't cock it up.
Stress /noun/ : The confusion created when the mind must override the body's basic desire to choke the ever-loving-shit out of someone who desperately deserves it.

Moondreamer

• Global Moderator
  • The plot bunnies, they will not leave me alone!!!
« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2012, 08:03:08 am »
Awwww... I do like Mirel. Deret deserve to be more than a ditched potntial love-interrest for Am :)
"You have a disturbing sense of humor."
http://www.nault-findley.com/

Mana

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2012, 08:28:50 am »
aww Deret she's a better match fror you sweety, don't cock it up.

Uh, isn't "don't cock it up" what he's supposed to do? (and technically doing in the fade to black?)
www.nault-findley.com
www.samantha-nolan.com

"In your haste to save the world, take care that you do not destroy it."

K2N2

« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2012, 11:11:19 am »
I thought it was rather clear even without the note that Mancrest was not a journalist by inclination or ethics.  I've always placed the Gazette above the National Enquirer and below the NY Times with elements of each at times.  More like a cross between a local rag and the multicolor fishwrap (USA Today) now that I think about it. 

Way to go Isobel.  Express your opinion on the 4th estate.

OK Mancrest, invite Muriel to your apartment to see your "research files."

Cael

• Plot Bunny Breeder
  • These Are Not The Krakens You Are Looking For
« Reply #43 on: November 02, 2012, 11:23:14 am »

They were! And you should feel proud, because they are truly the most inappropriate names for Sicarius in the world.

I think it would totally be worth the potential bodily harm for a chance to call Sicarius 'doodlebug' ;)
Once you've made sure that the signal gets through
There's one final thing that I want you to do
Put me where I'll see stars, so that I can see you
And I'll soar like a leaf on the wind

ndngirl

• "Whatever you wish, Amaranthe" - Sicarius
  • JenT
« Reply #44 on: November 02, 2012, 11:36:03 am »
I love love love this story!!!!

Especially "i was intrigued before i ever met you," he admitted, "mostly because I wanted to meet the woman who had asked for me by name so frequently across the city. And then when you stood naked in your bath and laid out your plan to threaten the stability of the ranmya, I began to regret that my son was interested in you."

and

"I never thought i'd live to see the day where Deret Mancrest would mistreat a lady. Your mother raised you better than this"

Ha about Isabell!
""Yes" He kissed her on the neck, and the warmth of his lips sent a wave of heat through her." Sicarius and Amaranthe
Conspiracy