Author Topic: Secret Santacarius Fanfic/Art Exchange  (Read 18592 times)

Sarah

• Pants Requisition and Denial
  • Global Moderator
Re: Secret Santacarius Fanfic/Art Exchange
« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2012, 05:21:22 pm »
LAST CALL FOR SIGN UPS.

I'm going to be doing matching tomorrow evening, so if anyone who hasn't signed up does it before I check in again tomorrow night, they'll be in the mix. :)

So far, we have:

riamachia
Mana
Kitty
Sarah
Cael
Moondreamer
moldynotgo
sweartoad
Meera

Anyone else interested? You basically have 24 hours from this point to join in!
"She tried to imagine him married and living in a house in the countryside with a passel of toddlers running around. The vision did not evolve far. If he ever  married, it would have to be to someone who would follow him into the woods and up a tree." -- Dark Currents

judy

« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2012, 05:50:04 pm »
I'm in!

My prompt...

The winter solstice isn't just the shortest day of the year, it's the longest night of the year.

Expound.
It's possible we remember the events a little differently.

Sarah

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2012, 07:05:48 pm »
OK, just so everyone knows, I can't rig the matching so everyone gets judy's prompt. Just so everyone is aware! :P

This is the final list:

riamachia
Mana
Kitty
Sarah
Cael
Moondreamer
moldynotgo
sweartoad
Meera
judy

No more shall be added to it! (Actually, that's not true. If you ask me really, really nicely [or really rudely, even] I'll juggle things around and try to include you in the assignments. This would be easier if more than one person was interested.) I have just finished the matching, and I'm heading to send out the PMs with assignments right now. Happy writing, everybody!

ETA: Oh, apparently I can only send 5 PMs per hour. Oops. So, the last four people on that list are going to have to wait patiently until an hour has passed. Sorry, guys!
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 07:28:53 pm by Sarah »
"She tried to imagine him married and living in a house in the countryside with a passel of toddlers running around. The vision did not evolve far. If he ever  married, it would have to be to someone who would follow him into the woods and up a tree." -- Dark Currents

Mana

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2012, 08:43:17 pm »
For the written parts, is there a word count min/max?
www.nault-findley.com
www.samantha-nolan.com

"In your haste to save the world, take care that you do not destroy it."

Sarah

• Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2012, 09:07:25 pm »
I said 1000 words minimum in the first post in the thread, and I think that's a good, easy goal for most people to reach in the time allotted. For maximums, write as much as you want! I don't really care. If you want to write a novella, go for it.

ETA: All right, I have sent out all the assignments. If you didn't get one and you signed up to participate, please contact me by PM, because it means that I messed up somehow. This is distinctly possible, so don't be afraid to tell me. :)
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 09:23:22 pm by Sarah »

Kitty

• Explosives - add P for Plenty
« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2012, 09:25:24 am »
Oh buggeration :0  and Sarah knows what i mean by this.  However Judy's suggestion has been taken on board.....
Stress /noun/ : The confusion created when the mind must override the body's basic desire to choke the ever-loving-shit out of someone who desperately deserves it.

Sarah

• Global Moderator
« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2012, 01:47:45 pm »
Fade to black, Kitty. Fade to black.

Mwah ha ha ha.

Kitty

« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2012, 02:02:11 pm »
with a well position spot light... >:D
Stress /noun/ : The confusion created when the mind must override the body's basic desire to choke the ever-loving-shit out of someone who desperately deserves it.

Sarah

• Global Moderator
« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2012, 04:45:35 pm »
Hi, everyone! This is just a little check-in to see how everyone's doing! Are we all creating and making progress? Is anyone having trouble with anything? Can I help someone out in any way? Ask your recipient delicately worded questions about a topic if you need more detail? Rub your feet . . . though the internet?

As for me, if anybody would like to come to my house and figure out where I put my knitting needle roll, that would be very much appreciated. I just had it the other day!

sweartoad

• I'm on DeviantArt (occasionally)
« Reply #39 on: November 14, 2012, 05:49:38 pm »
I want to ask my person a question but I feel that my question could potentially give away who I am, so I am going to go on my instinct and just do whatever I think will look cool.

This pointless post has been brought to you by Sweartoad.

Sarah

• Global Moderator
« Reply #40 on: November 14, 2012, 05:55:35 pm »
I'm sure Akstyr's armpits will look cool no matter what you do to them, sweartoad. :D But you can't go wrong with more hair. So much hair. Who doesn't love a teenager with really hairy pits, the better to catch that hormone-laden sweat? It's all about the pheromones.

Yeah, I know what everybody's getting. And it's armpits.

moldynotgo

« Reply #41 on: November 15, 2012, 05:36:19 am »
Remind me of the deadline please?

Kitty

« Reply #42 on: November 15, 2012, 10:20:55 am »
am up to just under 900 words and just need to wrap it up. going to be very short and sweet :)

Sarah

• Global Moderator
« Reply #43 on: November 15, 2012, 02:09:42 pm »
You have to get whatever you're working on to us by December 21st, moldy.

riamachia

• Wait, what? Why am *I* getting blamed for this?
« Reply #44 on: November 16, 2012, 05:14:45 am »
Supposed to spend the weekend cleaning.  Then promised to see BD with friends on Saturday and can't get out of it without feeling guilty.  Then Thanksgiving.  Then my family is coming up for Christmas lights tours.  It feels like forever but it's really only two weeks. 

Then FINALLY I get to focus on meeting my challenge. 
Maria
"Is that why you... appreciate me?"
"It's her eyes."