Author Topic: New topic of conversation  (Read 22328 times)

blackmetallic

Re: New topic of conversation
« Reply #150 on: December 21, 2013, 11:53:43 am »
My dreams are always so mundane. Like dreaming it's time to get up because the alarm clock is going off, only to wake up and find it's 4 AM and the alarm doesn't got off for 2 more hours  ::)
I sometimes have dreams that play out more like action movies than dreams, in full colour and stereo surround sound. They have plots that continue if I wake up in the middle of them, sometimes. Once I was able to control the dream and chose to fly over the ocean, changing direction as I wanted. That was, in fact, extremely awesome. The downside is that I've also had pretty bad fits of sleep paralysis a couple of times (states of sleep where your body is "asleep" and the muscles refuse to move, but your mind is sort of between sleep and alertness so you see all sorts of scary shit. It makes for some freaky situations), not to mention the times when my nightmares have made me want to never see horror movies again.

I have similar things happen to me in dreams.

It's pretty cool, isnt't it? A movie theater in your own head :D
Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape.
-Death in Hogfather

Maggie

« Reply #151 on: January 03, 2014, 07:08:05 pm »
I'd like to tape my dreams and re-watch them. Or watch other people's dreams. Not weird, right?
"I didn't faint, I passed out in a manly way."

Cael

• Plot Bunny Breeder
  • These Are Not The Krakens You Are Looking For
« Reply #152 on: January 04, 2014, 12:07:13 am »
I like mundane dreams. I had night terrors really bad as a kid, and there really is nothing worse than being stuck in a nightmare but awake enough to know you're stuck and you can't get out. Now I just revisit old houses and schools and talk to people I haven't seen in 15 years. Nice and safe.

Hubbys has nothing so boring; he's a superhero in most of his dreams, complete with Spiderman-like wrist cables. He fights dinosaurs a lot.
Once you've made sure that the signal gets through
There's one final thing that I want you to do
Put me where I'll see stars, so that I can see you
And I'll soar like a leaf on the wind

SPYforYOU

« Reply #153 on: January 05, 2014, 07:23:08 pm »
It'd be really cool if i could lucid dream. But what if you forgot what was the dream and what was reality. Ahh, terrifying.
Party the hardest on Wednesdays :)

Meera

• Frosted Buns Enthusiast
« Reply #154 on: January 05, 2014, 07:45:56 pm »
I like mundane dreams. I had night terrors really bad as a kid, and there really is nothing worse than being stuck in a nightmare but awake enough to know you're stuck and you can't get out. Now I just revisit old houses and schools and talk to people I haven't seen in 15 years. Nice and safe.

Hubbys has nothing so boring; he's a superhero in most of his dreams, complete with Spiderman-like wrist cables. He fights dinosaurs a lot.

As a kid (and now as well), I would tell myself to wake up whenever I had a nightmare. However, my dreams are not vivid and I rarely remember them anymore.
"All right, girl, we are not going to be attracted to the amoral assassin."

blackmetallic

« Reply #155 on: April 28, 2014, 01:55:51 pm »
I know this is completely random, but my brother sent me this link today so I can start practicing with my new and shiny kettlebell. It's worth the watch simply for the entertainment value (and it IS very informative, but...well, you'll see), even if the guy on it seems pretty damn deadly (he trained the Spetsnaz, the Soviet Union and now Russian army special forces): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8oGv69D3Tw
Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape.
-Death in Hogfather