Author Topic: What if...  (Read 8429 times)

Moondreamer

• Global Moderator
  • The plot bunnies, they will not leave me alone!!!
What if...
« on: December 05, 2012, 10:43:44 pm »
Piece of (for the moment) fluff fanfiction in an alternate universe where Sicarius never was an assassin. I feel like a monster plot bunny is waiting just around the corner though, ready to pounce. Anyway, part1 here :)
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 11:16:09 pm by Moondreamer »
"You have a disturbing sense of humor."
http://www.nault-findley.com/

Sarah

• Pants Requisition and Denial
  • Global Moderator
Re: What if...
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2012, 11:05:26 pm »
I love it! So adorable. Write more! And quickly!
"She tried to imagine him married and living in a house in the countryside with a passel of toddlers running around. The vision did not evolve far. If he ever  married, it would have to be to someone who would follow him into the woods and up a tree." -- Dark Currents

Meera

• Frosted Buns Enthusiast
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2012, 11:23:50 pm »
Yay! Too cute, and an interesting take! I want MOAR. Now.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 11:32:00 pm by Meera »
"All right, girl, we are not going to be attracted to the amoral assassin."

moldynotgo

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2012, 04:23:47 am »
Civilian!Sicarius - love it!

Although "chuckled ruefully" -? Too much of that and you'll be getting a visitor in the dark. A sharp visitor.

Mana

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2012, 06:04:00 am »
AWWWW

[ now get back to SW! ;) ]
www.nault-findley.com
www.samantha-nolan.com

"In your haste to save the world, take care that you do not destroy it."

Moondreamer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2012, 07:14:08 am »
AWWWW

[ now get back to SW! ;) ]

Yes M'am. I just needed that one out of my system.

K2N2

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2012, 11:28:06 am »
Would SW be your joint plot bunny that has taken you two away from fan fic production?  If so does it have an ETA?

Moondreamer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2012, 11:45:44 am »
We're onto the last two chapters, we'll begin editing after Christmas ^_^

ndngirl

• "Whatever you wish, Amaranthe" - Sicarius
  • JenT
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2012, 11:55:01 am »
When can we expect part 2 of What if?
""Yes" He kissed her on the neck, and the warmth of his lips sent a wave of heat through her." Sicarius and Amaranthe
Conspiracy

Kitty

• Explosives - add P for Plenty
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2012, 12:10:04 pm »
want more NOW!!!!!!!!!
Stress /noun/ : The confusion created when the mind must override the body's basic desire to choke the ever-loving-shit out of someone who desperately deserves it.

blackmetallic

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2012, 12:22:30 pm »
I can definitely see Sicarius as an artist. Lovely idea!
Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape.
-Death in Hogfather

Moondreamer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2012, 12:44:28 pm »

Well, I can talk about my thought process since I'm not sure I'll get to detail it in the fic. Seeing how Sespian has an interrest for architecture and he takes his artistic abilities seemingly from Sicarius, I wanted Sicarius to be an architect in my parrallel universe. But then, Sarah mentionned that in a society like Turgonia, architecture and engineering were probably one and the same (as it was here until the 18th century). Then, since Sicarius had told Am that he dreamt of being in the military as a kid (well, an admiral, but let's go with military more generally) I came up with the engineering corps bit. We know they exist since Tikaya thought Rias was one before realizing he was Admiral Starcrest.

So, he's now a decommissioned Engineering Corps officer that works as an engineer/architect for a firm in Stumps and draws/paint in his free time (from there the fact that he's in the park early in the morning, before he goes to work).

I also got a few more background surprises in store. As I thought, the monster plot bunny got me and I'm now trying to figure out how to introduce at least some of the EE gang and how Sespian would still exist in that world. Oh, and Pike is still a piece of s***t.

Also, not sure when part 2 will be posted, I still need to finish up my personnal prject and write down my Santacarius. Also, I promised a few people that I'd finish Romance and Mayhem, so ya... lots of projects, too little time.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 12:51:36 pm by Moondreamer »

blackmetallic

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2012, 02:52:44 pm »

Well, I can talk about my thought process since I'm not sure I'll get to detail it in the fic. Seeing how Sespian has an interrest for architecture and he takes his artistic abilities seemingly from Sicarius, I wanted Sicarius to be an architect in my parrallel universe. But then, Sarah mentionned that in a society like Turgonia, architecture and engineering were probably one and the same (as it was here until the 18th century). Then, since Sicarius had told Am that he dreamt of being in the military as a kid (well, an admiral, but let's go with military more generally) I came up with the engineering corps bit. We know they exist since Tikaya thought Rias was one before realizing he was Admiral Starcrest.

So, he's now a decommissioned Engineering Corps officer that works as an engineer/architect for a firm in Stumps and draws/paint in his free time (from there the fact that he's in the park early in the morning, before he goes to work).

I also got a few more background surprises in store. As I thought, the monster plot bunny got me and I'm now trying to figure out how to introduce at least some of the EE gang and how Sespian would still exist in that world. Oh, and Pike is still a piece of s***t.

Also, not sure when part 2 will be posted, I still need to finish up my personnal prject and write down my Santacarius. Also, I promised a few people that I'd finish Romance and Mayhem, so ya... lots of projects, too little time.
Pieces of shit will always remain in their material form, no matter the universe. Instead of turning into energy they just start to smell worse.

Great thoughts, btw!
Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape.
-Death in Hogfather

ndngirl

• "Whatever you wish, Amaranthe" - Sicarius
  • JenT
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2012, 03:19:57 pm »

Yeah!! More Romance and Mayhem!!!
""Yes" He kissed her on the neck, and the warmth of his lips sent a wave of heat through her." Sicarius and Amaranthe
Conspiracy

K2N2

« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2012, 04:04:43 pm »
so ya... lots of projects, too little time.

Oh, I hear you there.