Author Topic: Secret Santacarius Master List  (Read 5039 times)

Sarah

• Pants Requisition and Denial
  • Global Moderator
Secret Santacarius Master List
« on: December 22, 2012, 12:40:06 am »
The time is here for Santacarius to deliver the Santacarius gifts.

Here is how this is happening:

There are a few people who needed some extra time to get their assignments done. This is fine! Life is unexpected. But, instead of letting their recipients feel left out and glum while everybody else squeals over their gifts, I'm going to be posting the gifts in three batches over the weekend. The first batch is right now! The second batch will be tomorrow evening after I eat dinner, and then the third will be Sunday evening. My apologies if this annoys anyone, but I really don't want anyone to feel left out, so I thought this was a good compromise. Also: It will take you longer to read through everything! Delayed gratification! What a wonderful thing!

I've decided on what gets posted when by pulling names out of a bowl randomly, so there's not much meaning to this. I will, however, be posting my gift fic on Sunday, so I will be suffering along with anyone else who has to wait. :)

The fics and art are going to be posted in the appropriate forums, with links to them in this thread. That way, in their own threads, everybody will be able to comment on the fics without things getting confused. Creators will be revealed once everyone has a gift and has read and commented to thank the person who created it for them.

So, without further ado: The links for this evening/morning's batch.

Recipient: Moondreamer
Gift: The Practitioner's Gift

Recipient: judy
Gift: The Longest Night of the Year

Recipient: Lindsay
Gift: Haiku du Axilla: The Emperor's Edge Tome of Pernicious Oxter Poem . . .s

Recipient: Mana
Gift: Hart

That's it for tonight! More tomorrow! Happy Solstice, everyone!

ETA: Just so everyone knows, feel free to comment on the stories and art at any time, even if the recipient hasn't commented on them yet. Shower the creators with love! Let them know they did great jobs! Because everyone definitely did! :)
« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 01:37:48 am by Sarahcarius »
"She tried to imagine him married and living in a house in the countryside with a passel of toddlers running around. The vision did not evolve far. If he ever  married, it would have to be to someone who would follow him into the woods and up a tree." -- Dark Currents

moldynotgo

Re: Secret Santacarius Master List
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2012, 05:25:41 pm »
A massive thanks to SARAHCARIUS for managing this project!! Three cheers - Sic Sic Sicarius!

Could you possibly post the 'assignment' on the pieces as well? I'm so curious what prompted each one.

Sarah

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2012, 05:37:38 pm »
Thanks, Moldy! <3

I can post links to the prompts, if anybody else is interested in what inspired them.
"She tried to imagine him married and living in a house in the countryside with a passel of toddlers running around. The vision did not evolve far. If he ever  married, it would have to be to someone who would follow him into the woods and up a tree." -- Dark Currents

Sarah

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2012, 06:44:19 pm »
Tonight's submissions! Now with extra prompty goodness!

Recipient: Cael
Prompt: http://the-emperors-edge.com/forum/index.php?topic=382.msg13623#msg13623
Gift: A lovely portrait of Akstyr

Recipient: sweartoad
Prompt: http://the-emperors-edge.com/forum/index.php?topic=382.msg13617#msg13617
Gift: Midwinter

Recipient: Meera
Prompt: http://the-emperors-edge.com/forum/index.php?topic=382.msg13700#msg13700
Gift: A Solstice Tradition

Recipient: riamachia
Prompt: http://the-emperors-edge.com/forum/index.php?topic=382.msg13639#msg13639
Gift: Jealousy

And here are the prompts that inspired yesterday's lot of fics.

Moondreamer: http://the-emperors-edge.com/forum/index.php?topic=382.msg13622#msg13622
judy: http://the-emperors-edge.com/forum/index.php?topic=382.msg13779#msg13779
Lindsay: Lindsay really just wanted armpit haiku from the very beginning. Go figure.
Mana: http://the-emperors-edge.com/forum/index.php?topic=382.msg13634#msg13634 (Mana later revealed in a PM that what she wanted was something focusing on a member of the team that usually doesn't get much attention.)

Until tomorrow, gang!

Kitty

• Explosives - add P for Plenty
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2012, 07:54:50 am »
you're going to make me wait until christmas eve aren't you? >:(
Stress /noun/ : The confusion created when the mind must override the body's basic desire to choke the ever-loving-shit out of someone who desperately deserves it.

Sarah

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2012, 01:06:27 pm »
Kitty, I swear to you that I am posting stories by pulling names randomly out of a bowl. The only one I've tossed back in is my own, since I said I'd wait until Sunday to read mine. Which is today! But I'm not posting stories until this evening. Sorry!

Sarah

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2012, 05:32:50 pm »
The final batch! Posted now mostly because I am procrastinating doing everything else I need to do today.

Recipient: Kitty
Prompt: http://the-emperors-edge.com/forum/index.php?topic=382.msg13630#msg13630
Gift: In the Library

Recipient: Sarah
Prompt: http://the-emperors-edge.com/forum/index.php?topic=382.msg13625#msg13625
Gift: Firelight

Recipient: moldynotgo
Prompt: http://the-emperors-edge.com/forum/index.php?topic=382.msg13620#msg13620
Gift: A Moment of Happiness

Lastly, a present that Sweartoad made for the entire forum: right here.

I really hope I got to everybody, because I don't have any names left in my bowl! If anyone is missing a present,  let me know as soon as possible, because I messed up somewhat gloriously.

moldynotgo

« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2012, 03:24:00 am »
Sarah, again, a massive THANK YOU for running this contest!! Squeee - it was such fun!!

LindsayB

• I write books. ;)
    • http://www.lindsayburoker.com
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2012, 10:24:08 pm »
Thanks, Sarah. It was fun seeing all the projects! :)

Lindsay: Lindsay really just wanted armpit haiku from the very beginning. Go figure.

Oh, like you guys didn't know I was quirky? :D

I'm just not sure what we can top those pit poems with next year...

Meera

• Frosted Buns Enthusiast
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2012, 12:26:19 am »
Yes, thank you so much for organizing this, Sarah!

And thanks to everyone else too. These fics were absolutely awesome!
"All right, girl, we are not going to be attracted to the amoral assassin."

sweartoad

• I'm on DeviantArt (occasionally)
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2012, 03:57:00 am »
Ditto on the thanks for organising this - next batch should be you all doing presents just for me (my birthday's in a few months so PLENTY of time to figure something out! ;))

Merry Christmas everyone <3

Sarah

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2012, 12:23:15 am »
You're welcome, everybody! Thank  you all for participating, because otherwise it just would have been me writing stories to myself. Imagine how that would have turned out: "This is the Santacarius story I wrote for myself, because I am awesome like that. Thank you, self, for being such a great writer and getting me exactly what I wanted."

I think the way it turned out in reality was about SIX MILLION times better. Rough estimate, but undoubtedly accurate. :P

Thanks should also go to my hidden assistant, Meera. She was willing to post stories for me, in such eventualities as my power going out or my consumption by a grue. Neither of those things happened, but Meera was willing to fill in if they did. Thank you, Meera, for listening to me multiple times and helping me figure this whole thing out. <3

Quote from: Lindsay B
I'm just not sure what we can top those pit poems with next year...

Oh, I think there's still room for someone to discover Sicarius's magnum opus on his most constant of companions, Mr. Stabby.

I'm not sure why, but my favorite of the haikus have become the ones Sicarius wrote about Stabby. Actually, I do know why. The thought alone of Sicarius writing poetry of any sort? Very amusing! The thought of Sicarius writing poetry about his prehensile, knife-wielding penis? HI-larious!

moldynotgo

« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2012, 03:56:43 am »
I'm not touching Mr. Stabby.

(See what I did there?)

SO: Sarah, when is the big reveal so we know who to thank???? I mean, I know everyone can tell I drew the Akstyr picture*, but for all the rest...

*cue your coffee coming out your nose. Shah- as if!

sweartoad

• I'm on DeviantArt (occasionally)
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2012, 04:26:13 am »
I KNEW IT WAS YOU. I ALWAYS HAD MY SUSPICIONS.

moldynotgo

« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2012, 05:43:58 am »
I KNEW IT WAS YOU. I ALWAYS HAD MY SUSPICIONS.

I couldn't hide it any more... 'tis the season of honesty.