Author Topic: Anyone up for a super sexy fic contest for Valentine's Day?  (Read 35489 times)

Moondreamer

• Global Moderator
  • The plot bunnies, they will not leave me alone!!!
Re: Anyone up for a super sexy fic contest for Valentine's Day?
« Reply #240 on: February 14, 2013, 03:18:52 pm »
Absolutely squeeable, Sarah! The banter and the adorable images are the cherry on top of the cake :) Now, you NEED to et into Regency AU ;)
"You have a disturbing sense of humor."
http://www.nault-findley.com/

Sarah

• Pants Requisition and Denial
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #241 on: February 14, 2013, 04:06:59 pm »
Thanks, Moon! Especially for listening to me complain about it for the past month!

Mwah ha ha, Regency AU. Mr. Sicarius and Miss Lokdon, tearing up the English countryside as they race after criminal miscreants . . . becoming criminal miscreants themselves. Maybe steaming up a few conservatory windows with some vigorous exercise.
"She tried to imagine him married and living in a house in the countryside with a passel of toddlers running around. The vision did not evolve far. If he ever  married, it would have to be to someone who would follow him into the woods and up a tree." -- Dark Currents

Sarah

• Global Moderator
« Reply #242 on: February 14, 2013, 05:01:47 pm »
OK, so. Here's the deal. As it now stands, everyone has about seven hours from the time of my post to post a story. If anyone needs or wants more time, then nudge me before then and let me know. You can have more time! If not, then the contest closes a minute before midnight tonight for me.

So, let me know if you need more time, and if nobody does, then voting will open tomorrow!
"She tried to imagine him married and living in a house in the countryside with a passel of toddlers running around. The vision did not evolve far. If he ever  married, it would have to be to someone who would follow him into the woods and up a tree." -- Dark Currents

Kara

« Reply #243 on: February 14, 2013, 08:10:31 pm »
Loved the most recent entries Kitty, Sarah and Red :). You are amazing!!

Kitty

• Explosives - add P for Plenty
« Reply #244 on: February 15, 2013, 09:37:19 am »
no lets get it straight, i am absolutely frickin Amazin' ;)
Stress /noun/ : The confusion created when the mind must override the body's basic desire to choke the ever-loving-shit out of someone who desperately deserves it.

Sarah

• Global Moderator
« Reply #245 on: February 15, 2013, 06:34:45 pm »
All right, folks, I have closed the submission thread and opened the voting thread. Voting closes in one week! Or when there are enough votes for a decision to be made, since I have no idea how many people are going to vote in this thing. Everybody who read the stories, I hope!

So, vote early! Vote often!

(No, only vote once. This isn't a Chicago mayoral race. That was a joke, guys.)

Sarah

• Global Moderator
« Reply #246 on: February 17, 2013, 04:28:53 pm »
People can send me votes privately! In case anyone was curious and didn't want their votes to be public. PM them to me or e-mail them. I think my e-mail is on my profile, but if it's not, then PMing is fine.

Does anyone want a live tally as votes are received? I can do that.

ndngirl

• "Whatever you wish, Amaranthe" - Sicarius
  • JenT
« Reply #247 on: February 19, 2013, 09:44:46 am »
Woohoo! i need to read over them again, and then vote! Great job to all the writers, i loved all the stories..
""Yes" He kissed her on the neck, and the warmth of his lips sent a wave of heat through her." Sicarius and Amaranthe
Conspiracy

Sarah

• Global Moderator
« Reply #248 on: February 21, 2013, 06:25:22 pm »
Just so everyone knows, you have just over 24 hours to submit your votes! Unless less than ten people vote, in which case I am keeping voting open longer.

So far, seven people have voted. I WANT MORE! Can I get three more votes before midnight tomorrow? Maybe. I think you guys are up to it. Now make with the PMs!  >:(

(Except I love you guys.  :-* I'll give kisses to anyone who votes!  :-* :-* :-*)

Sarah

• Global Moderator
« Reply #249 on: February 22, 2013, 06:05:42 pm »
YOU HAVE SIX HOURS, PEOPLE! GET YOUR VOTES IN BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!

I only have nine voters. I need at least one more, and ideally eleven more. I know at least twenty people read these stories, unless it was just ten people who have downloaded the stories repeatedly.

This is who is in the lead now, as of 6 PM CST.

Category 1 -- Active Romance: Domestic Arrangements by Sarah
Category 2 -- Fade to Black: Embers by Kitty

So, if you think that neither me nor Kitty should win this thing, then vote for someone else. Vote today in the Cupidcarius fanfic contest and end my current reign of smexy terror. It won't stop unless you engage in the democratic process. Democracy is how tyrants (even super sexy tyrants!) are brought down. Cupidcarius readers, I must be stopped. Only your vote can do it. Be the change you want to see in the world!

Sarah

• Global Moderator
« Reply #250 on: February 22, 2013, 11:57:29 pm »
Technically, voting is almost closed. However, if anyone missed the deadline tonight and would like to end my reign of terror, then just get your votes to me some time tomorrow. It's not like my counting system is very complicated -- it consists of making tallies on a piece of paper. Unless 600 people vote tomorrow, things should work out fine. And if 600 people DO vote? I will just need a bigger piece of paper, I guess.

So, I will announce the winners tomorrow evening! Until then, you will have to wait in breathless anticipation.

Sarah

• Global Moderator
« Reply #251 on: February 24, 2013, 05:35:58 pm »
Oh, hey. Maybe I should post this information here, too.

The winners are . . . me and Kitty!

Congratulations again, Kitty! Do you want a tagline for your signature to say that your are the fade-to-black winner for Cupidcarius 2013?

Kitty

• Explosives - add P for Plenty
« Reply #252 on: February 25, 2013, 01:22:01 pm »
nah just say I am absolutely epic and I'll be happy ;D
Stress /noun/ : The confusion created when the mind must override the body's basic desire to choke the ever-loving-shit out of someone who desperately deserves it.

kimb1182

• Blog Action
« Reply #253 on: February 25, 2013, 07:43:22 pm »
*fans self* Everyone did an awesome job!!  ;D

moldynotgo

« Reply #254 on: February 26, 2013, 02:48:47 am »
I missed the voting which is just as well - I never could have decided a winner! Well done EVERYONE!!