Author Topic: Forged in Blood (theories)  (Read 9380 times)

sweartoad

• I'm on DeviantArt (occasionally)
Re: Forged in Blood (theories)
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2013, 06:30:26 pm »
This series is like Discworld - only bit part characters die. All the main ones may get the crap kicked out of them, but they always come back for a second/third/fifteenth book :)

Kara

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2013, 08:22:28 pm »
I agree with you all, no killing off main characters. 
Bas has to finally have the courage to find his daughter,
Akstyr needs to make it to the islands,
Books needs a woman,
Sic and Am need to "come together" as do Mal and Evi
Happiness :)

judy

« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2013, 09:52:52 am »
Post-EE5.5 theory...

I think Amaranthe & Sicarius will do some blanket-wrestling early in EE6, and then Sicarius and Sespian will have to leave on some father/son quest together. And it won't be clear whether Sicarius is going to survive because even though he's Sicarius, he still gets in tight spots,
Spoiler
like he did in EE3, and EE4, and EE5, and EE5.5...
It's possible we remember the events a little differently.

Moondreamer

• Global Moderator
  • The plot bunnies, they will not leave me alone!!!
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2013, 09:58:28 am »
Seeing how the novella ended, you might be right about the blanket-wrestling being early in EE6. And you'Re also right that Sicarius seems to put himself in danger a great deal to protect either Sespian or Amaranthe. Urgh... I hope he doesn't get hurt too badly in EE6, but I wouldn't be that surprised if he ended up in bad shape at some point :(
"You have a disturbing sense of humor."
http://www.nault-findley.com/

Kitty

• Explosives - add P for Plenty
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2013, 01:20:38 pm »
which would allow Ammy to whisk him away to a tropical island to look after him with plenty of sheet time ahead ;)
Stress /noun/ : The confusion created when the mind must override the body's basic desire to choke the ever-loving-shit out of someone who desperately deserves it.

Moondreamer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2013, 01:33:21 pm »
It could end up with him physically diminished though. Maybe not crippled excatly, but not completely 100% either. Just... slowed down somewhat.

Kara

« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2013, 01:42:37 pm »
which would allow Ammy to whisk him away to a tropical island to look after him with plenty of sheet time ahead ;)

Hmmm, I could totally see that happening!  I wonder if Amarathe would be the hovering protector while he recovered ;)

SparkleGirl

• <insert inspiring text here>
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2013, 01:43:09 pm »
I would love a fight scene where he breaks an arm and switches to his other hand like it's nothing. I think I remember reading somewhere that often in tales involving an older 'I don't need nobody' love interest a common plot twist is to have them injured permanently by the end of it. Mr Rochester anyone? So I don't know if that'll happen as EE is anything but typical...
"Oh good," Maldynado said. "Isabel got out."

ndngirl

• "Whatever you wish, Amaranthe" - Sicarius
  • JenT
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2013, 01:45:23 pm »
It could end up with him physically diminished though. Maybe not crippled excatly, but not completely 100% either. Just... slowed down somewhat.

Like at the end of book 1 Where  his face betrayed no pain, but stiffness marked his movements.
""Yes" He kissed her on the neck, and the warmth of his lips sent a wave of heat through her." Sicarius and Amaranthe
Conspiracy

Moondreamer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2013, 01:51:41 pm »
Ya. I realize that book 1 is the only book where we see him hurt, and even then it doesn't seem that serious, just painful. But,

Spoiler
When I read that fight against the 40+ soldiers towards the end of the novella, and how afraid Am was that he wouldn'T make it, I realized that he's human and seeing the ever higher stakes of the plot and how he will do whatever he has to to protect his son and the one woman he loves, chances are good he'll bite more than he can chew at some point.

SparkleGirl

• <insert inspiring text here>
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2013, 01:56:48 pm »
And... He did finally admit he wasn't flawless.
"Oh good," Maldynado said. "Isabel got out."

Moondreamer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2013, 01:58:12 pm »
I think he might have actually thought that, just maybe, he wouldn'T survive the encounter, until Am gave him an out.

Kitty

• Explosives - add P for Plenty
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2013, 05:16:12 am »
Am still thinkin Lindsay wouldn't do that to us.  This is not a depressign series where reality is allowed entrance.  This is where all our heroes survive whole and hearty, continue amazing lives and there are enough red shirts around to take the fall :)
Stress /noun/ : The confusion created when the mind must override the body's basic desire to choke the ever-loving-shit out of someone who desperately deserves it.

riamachia

• Wait, what? Why am *I* getting blamed for this?
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2013, 05:35:28 am »
This is where all our heroes survive whole and hearty, continue amazing lives and there are enough red shirts around to take the fall :)

Totally agreed.  If anyone dies, it'll be some new addition from the still-loyal-to-Sespian ranks. 
Hmmm.  I wonder if they will get new uniforms with red shirts?  :P
Maria
"Is that why you... appreciate me?"
"It's her eyes."

riamachia

• Wait, what? Why am *I* getting blamed for this?
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2013, 08:29:20 am »
I will also say that I think the way she handled things on the boat, the diving and the fighting and whatnot, might have been the necessary proof that she's not made of glass.  Perhaps we won't have to have a MAJOR spat, especially since "not everyone appreciated his protective looming like she did." 
After that I've got my fingers crossed that it will be a minor issue, since he WILL have to go on a separate mission anyway.  :) 
Maria
"Is that why you... appreciate me?"
"It's her eyes."