Author Topic: Fade to... technicolor?  (Read 10305 times)

Meera

• Frosted Buns Enthusiast
Re: Fade to... technicolor?
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2013, 01:49:17 pm »
What kind of dungeons have you been staying in?  :o
"All right, girl, we are not going to be attracted to the amoral assassin."

kchighley

• Evil Overlord, cat lover, warrior of the red pen.
    • Yeah, here I am
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2013, 01:51:34 pm »
I thought you guys knew by now to lean on @AddledAlchemist and especially @KendraHighley if you wanted smexy times to happen. They're the ones who see the early drafts and say, "Oh, no, you have to put a kiss there. Duh!"

But, as for explicit stuff, you'd probably regret asking. That's not really my forte. You'd end up with throbbing members and pulsating bratwursts. :P

I do solemnly swear, as the unofficial romance department, that you will never, ever, ever read about pulsating bratwursts.  Promise. On my honor.
"Should we take their clothes?"
"To what end?"
"....Pockets?"

Find me on Facebook

LindsayB

• I write books. ;)
    • http://www.lindsayburoker.com
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2013, 01:53:57 pm »
I thought you guys knew by now to lean on @AddledAlchemist and especially @KendraHighley if you wanted smexy times to happen. They're the ones who see the early drafts and say, "Oh, no, you have to put a kiss there. Duh!"

But, as for explicit stuff, you'd probably regret asking. That's not really my forte. You'd end up with throbbing members and pulsating bratwursts. :P

I do solemnly swear, as the unofficial romance department, that you will never, ever, ever read about pulsating bratwursts.  Promise. On my honor.

Hm, but can they really trust a woman wearing a mustache and diabolically stroking her cat?

kchighley

• Evil Overlord, cat lover, warrior of the red pen.
    • Yeah, here I am
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2013, 01:56:08 pm »

Hm, but can they really trust a woman wearing a mustache and diabolically stroking her cat?

::Blows a raspberry::  I might just have to suggest fondling in a couple of scenes...   :o  'Cause that's how evil overlords roll!
"Should we take their clothes?"
"To what end?"
"....Pockets?"

Find me on Facebook

moldynotgo

« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2013, 03:22:36 pm »
Just to AHEM clarify, I was NOT asking for smut! Not even for ... you know... yeah. That.

But the tender besmooching that is beyond PG. For example, scar kissing = what I meant. Golden curls = not what I meant. Bratwurst = not even on the radar, except for dinner.

Moondreamer

• Global Moderator
  • The plot bunnies, they will not leave me alone!!!
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2013, 03:23:10 pm »
You just need to adivce for as many "elongated" vegetables as you can in the book :P Then, we'll be able to count them all and make a contest out of it...
"You have a disturbing sense of humor."
http://www.nault-findley.com/

Meera

• Frosted Buns Enthusiast
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2013, 03:24:05 pm »
Just to AHEM clarify, I was NOT asking for smut! Not even for ... you know... yeah. That.

But the tender besmooching that is beyond PG. For example, scar kissing = what I meant. Golden curls = not what I meant. Bratwurst = not even on the radar, except for dinner.

OH. YES, PLEASE.
"All right, girl, we are not going to be attracted to the amoral assassin."

K2N2

« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2013, 04:40:10 pm »
If the Empress is more comfortable with a closed door that's fine by me.  Given a certain character's propensities for excessive use of cutlery it might be safer! 

judy

« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2013, 06:25:57 pm »
Closed door is just lovely, but hearing a little pillow talk would be nice. I'm sure that if any whoopee happens, we'll at least get some witty banter about it later.

We could always have a reprisal of Cupidcarius -- "Hot Summer Nights" or some such (never mind that it's winter in Turgonia) -- after EE6 comes out. You know, to fill in the blanks.
It's possible we remember the events a little differently.

LindsayB

• I write books. ;)
    • http://www.lindsayburoker.com
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2013, 07:28:04 pm »

Oh, I see. Is scar kissing not PG? PG-13 perhaps?

You just need to adivce for as many "elongated" vegetables as you can in the book :P Then, we'll be able to count them all and make a contest out of it...

Well, it'll be winter by the time the story starts. It'll be hard to find veggies that aren't a tad...

Maybe I won't go there. :P

Sarah

• Pants Requisition and Denial
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2013, 07:52:15 pm »
Aw. Fruits and veggies for winter storage tended to go a little soft and mushy before modern varieties were bred in the 20th century. :( No limp carrots! Or parsnips! Or celeriac!

However, a quality dagger is always . . . firm.  ;)
"She tried to imagine him married and living in a house in the countryside with a passel of toddlers running around. The vision did not evolve far. If he ever  married, it would have to be to someone who would follow him into the woods and up a tree." -- Dark Currents

moldynotgo

« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2013, 03:13:59 am »

Oh, I see. Is scar kissing not PG? PG-13 perhaps?

A true 'PG' novel probably wouldn't have had spelunking, or Sic's firm backside in the smokestack, or the mention of Akstyr and his tree (and yes boys and girls, that is NUMBER ONE FANART I DO NOT WANT TO SEE!).

But by all means, keep the novel PG-13 with smootching and most clothing on.

I think I'm just curious what The Empress's imagination translates to with Sic/Am in bed. Are they playful? Does Sicarius cry? Does he even have a clue what he's doing? Does she? Etc, etc.

It's hard to explain this, but I want more information from a purely intellectual standpoint. Not because I want to be a fly on the wall for The Sexytimes, but because I want to understand the characters.

... No one here believes me, do they?

Kitty

• Explosives - add P for Plenty
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2013, 04:19:15 am »
Not really, but you are doing a sterling job trying to convince us ;D

However i would like to see the tenderness, but not the full on sex scene.  leave that to us and a new competition ;)
Stress /noun/ : The confusion created when the mind must override the body's basic desire to choke the ever-loving-shit out of someone who desperately deserves it.

riamachia

• Wait, what? Why am *I* getting blamed for this?
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2013, 05:38:22 am »
I think I'm just curious what The Empress's imagination translates to with Sic/Am in bed. Are they playful? Does Sicarius cry? Does he even have a clue what he's doing? Does she? Etc, etc.

They are absolutely playful.  Envision Amaranthe being all, "Oooh" as he touches her scars when suddenly his feather light touch is a little TOO light, and she giggles.  Trying to evade Sicarius' hands in a tickle attack is just NOT. GOING. TO. HAPPEN.  She will be breathless from giggles and then breathless from Other Things(TM).  >:D
Maria
"Is that why you... appreciate me?"
"It's her eyes."

moldynotgo

« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2013, 06:44:10 am »
Okay Ria, you said all that with a little too much factual conviction.

<whispers> They ARE fictional. Right?