Author Topic: The Cut "Physical Therapy" Scene... :O  (Read 9650 times)

SparkleGirl

• <insert inspiring text here>
Re: The Cut "Physical Therapy" Scene... :O
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2013, 10:55:10 am »
Oh wow, if I ever get to be a successful writer I am so gonna submit my own fanfic. Nice work Empress!
"Oh good," Maldynado said. "Isabel got out."

Sarah

• Pants Requisition and Denial
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2013, 01:25:10 pm »
"That is enough. You will experience soreness."

Because . . . hmm. Considerate, yes. Obviously has her well-being in mind. And it seems very him, somehow.

When I read that I was like, this is totally what he would say to her after they've slept together, ahaha >:D

A little bird, who perhaps has written some books we all adore, suggested to me last night that this is what he would say after they had had sex for four, or possibly eight, hours. Apparently when you're an assassin, you don't need cedar candles . . .
"She tried to imagine him married and living in a house in the countryside with a passel of toddlers running around. The vision did not evolve far. If he ever  married, it would have to be to someone who would follow him into the woods and up a tree." -- Dark Currents

Moondreamer

• Global Moderator
  • The plot bunnies, they will not leave me alone!!!
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2013, 01:31:13 pm »
"That is enough. You will experience soreness."

Because . . . hmm. Considerate, yes. Obviously has her well-being in mind. And it seems very him, somehow.

When I read that I was like, this is totally what he would say to her after they've slept together, ahaha

A little bird, who perhaps has written some books we all adore, suggested to me last night that this is what he would say after they had had sex for four, or possibly eight, hours. Apparently when you're an assassin, you don't need cedar candles . . .

And I MISSED that? Dammit, I go to bed too early...
"You have a disturbing sense of humor."
http://www.nault-findley.com/

Sarah

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2013, 01:35:47 pm »
Your stupid, stupid boss, Moon. You missed a good conversation! Just me and Lindsay . . . and secrets I will take to the grave. Mwah ha ha.

ETA: Except for that one about Sicarius not needing cedar candles. I am pretty bad at keeping secrets, after all.
"She tried to imagine him married and living in a house in the countryside with a passel of toddlers running around. The vision did not evolve far. If he ever  married, it would have to be to someone who would follow him into the woods and up a tree." -- Dark Currents

blackmetallic

« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2013, 01:38:31 pm »
Your stupid, stupid boss, Moon. You missed a good conversation! Just me and Lindsay . . . and secrets I will take to the grave. Mwah ha ha.

ETA: Except for that one about Sicarius not needing cedar candles. I am pretty bad at keeping secrets, after all.
Cedar candles? They somehow make men "last" longer?
Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape.
-Death in Hogfather

Meera

• Frosted Buns Enthusiast
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2013, 01:40:35 pm »

Aww. Stupid classes getting in the way of me chatting.  >:(
"All right, girl, we are not going to be attracted to the amoral assassin."

Sarah

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2013, 01:44:18 pm »

Cedar candles? They somehow make men "last" longer?

Maldynado includes them with the items he bought for Amaranthe and Deret's dinner in EE3. For stamina, he said with an eyebrow waggle. ;D

Kitty

• Explosives - add P for Plenty
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2013, 02:43:11 pm »
frickin time zones
Stress /noun/ : The confusion created when the mind must override the body's basic desire to choke the ever-loving-shit out of someone who desperately deserves it.

Kara

« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2013, 07:25:46 am »
Dog gone it...feel asleep too early!!!

Pomidora

« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2013, 06:42:00 am »
Agree with most everyone's assessment of why it was cut, but I did enjoy it~ 

wetninja

« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2013, 08:13:42 pm »
This is a good excerpt, but I agree that it was wise to take it out of the book.  I feel as though it would have thrown the rhythm off.

However, what I found a little difficult was that it appeared that Amaranthe had no residual affects of her ordeal.  Out of everything that Pike did to her it just seemed that she got up took a deep breath and forgot it ever happened. 

I'm not saying that I want the girl to be a total wreck and her world fall apart, but I felt  little to no empathy for her because of the absence of any residual affects. 

ndngirl

• "Whatever you wish, Amaranthe" - Sicarius
  • JenT
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2013, 09:50:47 am »
Did anyone see Lindsay's twitter last night! about Sicarius heritage! I totally squealed ( not like a pig. Squeaed? Sqeeed? Squeegasimn? you get what i'm trying to say.)  in my head,  i didn't want to freak my family out or anything.
""Yes" He kissed her on the neck, and the warmth of his lips sent a wave of heat through her." Sicarius and Amaranthe
Conspiracy

Kitty

• Explosives - add P for Plenty
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2013, 09:56:54 am »
what did she say? :o
Stress /noun/ : The confusion created when the mind must override the body's basic desire to choke the ever-loving-shit out of someone who desperately deserves it.

ndngirl

• "Whatever you wish, Amaranthe" - Sicarius
  • JenT
« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2013, 10:01:40 am »
and i quote " 2200 words down so far today, and the details of Sicarius's heritage are now on paper. ( a computer screen at least)" THE EMPRESS
""Yes" He kissed her on the neck, and the warmth of his lips sent a wave of heat through her." Sicarius and Amaranthe
Conspiracy

LMSherwin

« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2013, 10:13:55 am »
and i quote " 2200 words down so far today, and the details of Sicarius's heritage are now on paper. ( a computer screen at least)" THE EMPRESS

AHHHH! I missed this revelation! Cannot WAIT until she gets that book out!!!! I needs it, my precioussss...
L.M. Sherwin
Author and Book-Nerd
Website
Facebook