Author Topic: Woohoo! Finished Encrypted Last Night!  (Read 2935 times)

LMSherwin

Woohoo! Finished Encrypted Last Night!
« on: February 26, 2013, 07:23:34 am »
I was really impressed, guys! I really liked Tikaya and Rias and their relationship. I also LOOOOVED the story line. I adore coding, languages, ciphers, and those sorts of things, so it was really cool to read a story about or philologist.

Favorite bits:

Okay...I'm a dork, but I really liked Bocrest's character. For some reason, I like curmudgeonly captains and he was great, to me.

I also liked that Rias really trusted in Tikaya's abilities and trusted that she would be safe. This really reminded me of my husband who has this "You can take care of yourself" attitude. Warmed my heart. ;-)

Also loved that there was such tension at all times between Tikaya and the Turgonians (very well done).

It was great to read so much about the Alien technology that is mentioned so often in EE. Helps to really bring detail to the EE stories.

Anyone else only just recently read Encrypted? What were your thoughts?
L.M. Sherwin
Author and Book-Nerd
Website
Facebook

riamachia

• Wait, what? Why am *I* getting blamed for this?
Re: Woohoo! Finished Encrypted Last Night!
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2013, 10:34:16 am »
I can't remember now if I read it before or after Dark Currents, although I'm thinking after.  I think I started with EE & DC, then read the Flashgold stuff and finally got to Encrypted.  Then I was mad that I had waited so long!   

I adored Tikaya and her skills, and while I understand that she didn't grow up with hero worship for Rias, once she knew who he was I got irritated by her lack of faith in him.  He trusted her, I wanted her to be able to do the same for him, you know?  But I suppose being kidnapped and threatened and attacked by gas-induced psychotics could make a girl a little wary.  Not to mention being kidnapped AGAIN and having her glasses stolen and.... damn, Lindsay, are you sure you like your characters?   ???

Maria
"Is that why you... appreciate me?"
"It's her eyes."

ndngirl

• "Whatever you wish, Amaranthe" - Sicarius
  • JenT
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2013, 11:40:12 am »
And i loved Agarik! I wonder what his first name was.
""Yes" He kissed her on the neck, and the warmth of his lips sent a wave of heat through her." Sicarius and Amaranthe
Conspiracy

Moondreamer

• Global Moderator
  • The plot bunnies, they will not leave me alone!!!
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2013, 11:55:37 am »
I thought Agarik WAS his irst name. Hmmmm...
"You have a disturbing sense of humor."
http://www.nault-findley.com/

LMSherwin

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2013, 12:23:27 pm »
Yeah, I wondered what his first name was, too. I was sad about what fate handed him. :-(
L.M. Sherwin
Author and Book-Nerd
Website
Facebook

Kitty

• Explosives - add P for Plenty
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2013, 01:55:52 pm »
wonder if his nickname was Fly.....
Stress /noun/ : The confusion created when the mind must override the body's basic desire to choke the ever-loving-shit out of someone who desperately deserves it.

moldynotgo

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2013, 04:53:32 am »
I also thought the glasses stealing was... LOW. I mean, totally real  - in fact, I'm astonished how many times an evil captor doesn't steal their glasses-wearing prisoner's specs, but - oy! Poor Tikaya!

LMSherwin

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2013, 07:47:53 am »
I also thought the glasses stealing was... LOW. I mean, totally real  - in fact, I'm astonished how many times an evil captor doesn't steal their glasses-wearing prisoner's specs, but - oy! Poor Tikaya!

FOR REALS! I would be SO devastated if someone stole my glasses (and nearly blind)... VERY low indeed.
L.M. Sherwin
Author and Book-Nerd
Website
Facebook

Moondreamer

• Global Moderator
  • The plot bunnies, they will not leave me alone!!!
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2013, 07:51:04 am »

FOR REALS! I would be SO devastated if someone stole my glasses (and nearly blind)... VERY low indeed.

If someone stole my glasses, I would not only be unable to see in front of me, but I wouldn'T be able to hear O_o (old joke, but it's true it gets much harder to follow a conversation when you can't catch expressions and body language)
"You have a disturbing sense of humor."
http://www.nault-findley.com/

ndngirl

• "Whatever you wish, Amaranthe" - Sicarius
  • JenT
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2013, 08:52:02 am »
Agarik was the name sewn on his jacket... Someone needs to draw a picture of him... *Looks at Sweartoad and Blackmetal* or knit him Cael.
""Yes" He kissed her on the neck, and the warmth of his lips sent a wave of heat through her." Sicarius and Amaranthe
Conspiracy