Author Topic: Decrypted  (Read 13270 times)

Kitty

• Explosives - add P for Plenty
Re: Decrypted
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2013, 05:18:16 am »
it'll be worth it ;)

think I really need to get a new smut folder going
Stress /noun/ : The confusion created when the mind must override the body's basic desire to choke the ever-loving-shit out of someone who desperately deserves it.

blackmetallic

« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2013, 01:10:28 pm »
Let me just tell you that the green plaid pants are so damn ugly I have a hard time concentrating on painting Rias's hard, muscled body.  ::)
Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape.
-Death in Hogfather

Kitty

« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2013, 01:43:00 pm »
you must persevere for your art BM
Stress /noun/ : The confusion created when the mind must override the body's basic desire to choke the ever-loving-shit out of someone who desperately deserves it.

moldynotgo

« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2013, 05:17:38 am »
Not to bring this back to the actual topic of the BOOK and not the BOD...

I finally got to read Decrypted and it was awesome and filled with just the right amount of explosives and tentacles and clumsiness. And I'd rather have a Rias than a Sicarius any day.

... is that sacrilege?

kimb1182

• Blog Action
« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2013, 09:25:16 am »
Moldy, I'm with you. Let the flogging begin!

I think I can relate a little better to Tikaya, what with the clumsiness and all. And Rias just seems like a more realistic lover/companion than Sicarius. And that might be because I picture Rias as Javier Bardem in my head...like 'Eat, Pray, Love' Javier; I don't have a good visual for Sicarius yet.

Kitty

« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2013, 10:25:23 am »
pfft gonna sit on the fence and say I'll have Rias AND Sicarius.  Together.  Same time.  dipped in choklit >:D

blackmetallic

« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2013, 11:21:23 am »
I like them both, but if there ever was a time when I'd actually have to choose between the two I'd have to go with Rias. He's more predictable, kinder and more approachable. They're both highly intelligent and dangerous in their own way, but in reality Sicarius and his mannerisms would probably scare the living daylights out of me, whereas Rias would make me want to jump him then and there. Also, I don't really like blond men  :o
Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape.
-Death in Hogfather

Moondreamer

• Global Moderator
  • The plot bunnies, they will not leave me alone!!!
« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2013, 11:50:59 am »
Rias is a more rounded individual. He's more human than Sicarius. But then, Rias' background, despite being a genius strategist, is normal for a Turgonian. As far as we know, his childhood was happy enough, he had family, friends, the regards of his superiors at his job. Until Krichek island, he was in a dangerous line, but there is nothing that comes close to Sicarius' background and training. Rias has known how to be happy. I think Sicarius is just starting to find out.
"You have a disturbing sense of humor."
http://www.nault-findley.com/

Kitty

« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2013, 09:26:34 am »
Stop getting all psychological on me - I'm just going to enjoy my downright filthy imagination for a while >:D

moldynotgo

« Reply #39 on: March 13, 2013, 05:13:18 am »
Stop getting all psychological on me - I'm just going to enjoy my downright filthy imagination for a while >:D

Hmm... Both at the same time seems almost inappropriate, given the age differences.

However, if they take turns...

Kitty

« Reply #40 on: March 13, 2013, 06:54:36 am »
age difference pfft!  one pure ahtleticism and dexterity, the other experience and drop dead gorgeous body ;)

moldynotgo

« Reply #41 on: March 13, 2013, 07:40:19 am »
age difference pfft!  one pure ahtleticism and dexterity, the other experience and drop dead gorgeous body ;)

Kitty, Kitty - be practical!

Sic is, what, about 25 years younger than Rias? So figure it's you and a 30 year old and a 55 year old... ew. No, sorry. Doesn't work for me. No simultaneous multi-generational spelunking for me.

moldynotgo

« Reply #42 on: March 14, 2013, 02:52:38 am »

Kitty

« Reply #43 on: March 14, 2013, 07:43:41 am »
I'm 33.  My husband is 54.  I don't have age issues just hormone issues >:D

exstock

• Carnivorous
« Reply #44 on: May 17, 2013, 02:15:07 pm »
Okay, so while waiting for EE6 (which I've been calling EE6 in my head so much that I keep forgetting the actual name, which makes searching Amazon/Smashwords for it a bit difficult) I've been rereading.  I foolishly started rereading EE a bit too early, and ran out, so now I'm rereading Decrypted. 

Now, I have no idea why this didn't hit me before, but it hit me all of a sudden this time: Rias reminds me hugely of Erwin Rommel!  Except with a happier ending.  National hero, respected and admired even by his enemies, strong moral compass, refused to obey orders he didn't agree with, tried to kill Hitler....  Oh, and nicknamed the Desert Fox (whereas Rias was nicknamed King Fox) and built a full-scale glider at 14, and wrote diaries that became a highly regarded military textbook, and...

Geez, the more the details I read about Rommel, the more I'm convinced that Lindsay had him at least somewhere in the back of her brain when writing Rias!
"I'm getting my turtleneck. I'm not defusing a bomb in this!"