Author Topic: Traveling Plot Bunnies (and One Baby Kraken)  (Read 21843 times)

judy

Re: Traveling Plot Bunnies (and One Baby Kraken)
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2013, 10:12:17 am »
I'd love to show them the sights of Chicago. Maybe even pose them with our own Imperial Guards (i.e. the Secret Service agents parked permanently down the block...)
It's possible we remember the events a little differently.

Kitty

• Explosives - add P for Plenty
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2013, 10:20:09 am »
I might try and get the gate guards at teh army base to pose with them...then again not.  MD would be fun but i suspect I'll be in work at the time!  Just go into a Royal Mail post office anywhere with them wrapped up and they'll sort it :)
Stress /noun/ : The confusion created when the mind must override the body's basic desire to choke the ever-loving-shit out of someone who desperately deserves it.

Moondreamer

• Global Moderator
  • The plot bunnies, they will not leave me alone!!!
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2013, 01:40:58 pm »
Not sureI'Ll hve time to find a post office before I leave, but in any case, I will certainly send them forward once I'm done :D
"You have a disturbing sense of humor."
http://www.nault-findley.com/

ndngirl

• "Whatever you wish, Amaranthe" - Sicarius
  • JenT
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2013, 12:34:03 pm »
NDNGIRL HERE! SAFE AND SOUND!!!!
It was a crazy day Monday!
Thanks for your concern guys.
I live south of the path of the tornado. I attached a map for you guys. The black star is where i live, and the purple one is where my mom lives, and the Yellow cross is where my brother goes to school.
I was watching the weather from work on Monday, and was freaking out. Thank goodness my husband had the kids that day and was out of danger. It took us a little under 4 hours to get home. We had debris in our yard, and alot of small rocks on our roof. Thank goodness we had electricity and water. It took my mom for ever to get to my brother. They were in lockdown until 5 that evening, and then they transported them to a church where my mom could pick them up. My mom had to walk in the rain to get to him. We knew he was safe, but phones were down, and couldnt get his text messages. Even if you had family in the areas that were hit, they werent letting you thru. I really had a hard night on Monday, more weather was coming in, so i had to watch the news to make sure another tornado wasnt coming, so i had to see all the devastation and the stories about the lost kids... That was the hardest part for me. I told my husband, you better believe i would become a marathon runner if my kids were there, and they werent letting cars thru. Nothing would of stopped me from finding my kids. Its unacceptable to me, they told the kids to hold on to the walls. What walls have handles? Some teachers were laying on top of kids to protect them, and i thank those teachers. There needed to be a secure location for them. I know they practice tornado drills, but it wasnt good enough. And I'm sure im not going to be putting my child in a school that doesn't have a safe room. Its just so crazy, everything it hit, is where i shop or go to the doctor.
""Yes" He kissed her on the neck, and the warmth of his lips sent a wave of heat through her." Sicarius and Amaranthe
Conspiracy

Mana

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2013, 02:20:52 pm »
We were all worried about you, and are glad you are safe. Our hearts go out to your friends, family, neighbors, etc who have lost so much.
www.nault-findley.com
www.samantha-nolan.com

"In your haste to save the world, take care that you do not destroy it."

ndngirl

• "Whatever you wish, Amaranthe" - Sicarius
  • JenT
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2013, 02:56:14 pm »
LOL, sorry to derail this thread... Let me get back on track.

So do we post the pictures on here?
""Yes" He kissed her on the neck, and the warmth of his lips sent a wave of heat through her." Sicarius and Amaranthe
Conspiracy

Moondreamer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2013, 03:25:58 pm »
I'm planning on... something, either on Pinterest or flickr to work as a travelogue for their trip to Scotland :D

Kitty

« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2013, 03:46:31 pm »
they need an account of their own to record all of their travels :)
Stress /noun/ : The confusion created when the mind must override the body's basic desire to choke the ever-loving-shit out of someone who desperately deserves it.

Moondreamer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2013, 04:21:34 pm »
That would be really nice!

Cael

• Plot Bunny Breeder
  • These Are Not The Krakens You Are Looking For
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2013, 07:15:53 pm »
SO glad you're ok! I know a lot of people who have family and friends up there and it's been nerve wracking as everyone waits for info.

I posted all the Bunelle pics to my Twitter feed, but an account of their own would be awesome. Maybe even a Diary of Bunspian blog or something:

"Dear Diary,

This strange land is very green and not like Stumps at all...."

;D
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 07:18:41 pm by Cael »
Once you've made sure that the signal gets through
There's one final thing that I want you to do
Put me where I'll see stars, so that I can see you
And I'll soar like a leaf on the wind

Moondreamer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2013, 08:44:50 pm »
Not sure I'Ll actually have time to do a diary for them but I'Ll see about getting them an account somewhere that can be fed by everyone who gets those bunnies.

Kitty

« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2013, 01:44:46 am »
Please not frickin twitter, i cannot work that thing!  Maybe a Facebook account would be fun, we can all work that!

moldynotgo

« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2013, 05:53:49 am »
NDN, so. happy. you're. safe.

I grew up in Texas, and the ONLY thing that scared me were tornado watches. Such completely unpredictable destruction is scary (for some reason, hurricanes, being predictable destruction, didn't freak me out at all).

Thank God you're alright, and hopefully the recovery and repair and healing will be super quick.

alison

« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2013, 11:32:42 am »
I also grew up in Texas (and lived in Missouri for a while) and those sirens sure make an impression. In New Zealand, the small towns have volunteer fire departments (like small towns in lots of places do), and the call for the firefighters is the tornado siren. Freaks me out every time. I always look around wildly, and then notice it's a sunny day, and then remember it's for the emergency people. My mother and my father-in-law were both born in Europe during World War 2, so they associate the siren with bombs.
It's interesting, the effect of sounds on one's brain!

I'm glad to hear all is well with you, ndngirl.
 :D

Cael

• Plot Bunny Breeder
  • These Are Not The Krakens You Are Looking For
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2013, 07:36:47 pm »
The bunnies and Dave were shipped today - well, technically they'll be shipping out tomorrow since we got there after 5PM.

As some have mentioned, it might be a little out of budget for some to ship, especially internationally so I'll try to put together a quick map and estimate shipping costs :P
« Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 07:51:27 pm by Cael »
Once you've made sure that the signal gets through
There's one final thing that I want you to do
Put me where I'll see stars, so that I can see you
And I'll soar like a leaf on the wind