Author Topic: Splitting Bamboo  (Read 3179 times)

Sarah

• Pants Requisition and Denial
  • Global Moderator
Splitting Bamboo
« on: June 11, 2013, 04:58:53 pm »
You guys, I just wrote a bad sex fic featuring . . . Maldynado and Yara?  :o

How is it possible? Well, everybody has bad sex sometimes -- things just don't work out, you know? So, when I saw that there was a sexual position called "Splitting Bamboo", I thought that was the most horrifying thing I had ever heard of, and knew that no good could come of it.

So, Mal and Evi. They have bad sex. They fight. They make up. Overall, it's pretty squishy and happy and cute. No actual sex scene, though. Just bad sex and some adult language.

Also, many thanks go to Jas, who helped me outline this and came up with a lot of the dialogue, and to sweartoad and Moondreamer for feedback and betaing. And to everybody in chat, who spent that night . . . researching with me.  ;D

ETA: Also, it is about 3000 words, in case anyone wanted to know before diving in.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 05:14:06 pm by Sarah »
"She tried to imagine him married and living in a house in the countryside with a passel of toddlers running around. The vision did not evolve far. If he ever  married, it would have to be to someone who would follow him into the woods and up a tree." -- Dark Currents

sweartoad

• I'm on DeviantArt (occasionally)
Re: Splitting Bamboo
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2013, 06:44:41 pm »
What can I say, I'm a fan of writerly butt-pats.

Also now you need to get them a cat. It's practically canon now!

Kara

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2013, 07:21:46 pm »
Awww...so sweet!  Loved it!

Annie

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2013, 07:51:16 pm »
Well done!

Sarah

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2013, 09:06:18 pm »
What can I say, I'm a fan of writerly butt-pats.

Also now you need to get them a cat. It's practically canon now!

Mr. Whiskers! Or Lord Mousecrest. And the kitty would totally watch them have sex, and start purring, because his people were so happy. And then stop purring, because they were so freaked out.

And you are very good at the writerly butt-pats. It's a legitimate talent. :P

ETA: Also, thank you, Kara and annie! I'm glad you guys liked it! ;D
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 09:08:40 pm by Sarah »
"She tried to imagine him married and living in a house in the countryside with a passel of toddlers running around. The vision did not evolve far. If he ever  married, it would have to be to someone who would follow him into the woods and up a tree." -- Dark Currents

blackmetallic

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2013, 09:55:48 pm »
That was lovely! Awesome!
Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape.
-Death in Hogfather

Kitty

• Explosives - add P for Plenty
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2013, 06:32:11 am »
Awwwwwwwwwwwwww!
Stress /noun/ : The confusion created when the mind must override the body's basic desire to choke the ever-loving-shit out of someone who desperately deserves it.

Jas

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2013, 05:29:36 pm »
Aww, Sarah! It turned out beautifully! Brilliant  ;D You took our rough sketch and fleshed it out in all it's awkward sweetness. I have the warm fuzzies. All of them.
"Assassins don't loiter."
"What do you call it, then?"
"Standing. Purposefully."

Sarah

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2013, 06:58:27 pm »
Aw, thank you, Jas! And thank you so much for sketching it out with me, because I totally wouldn't have come up with that argument on my own. You all should be giving Jas writerly butt pats, too!