Author Topic: FiB II  (Read 14384 times)

lectorsbooks

FiB II
« on: July 17, 2013, 06:42:05 pm »
It was so good, but sad, too! I wasn't expecting it to end as sad as it did. What did y'all think?

dptalia

Re: FiB II
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2013, 07:08:15 pm »
Sad.  But sweet.  I'm sorry to see Books go, but I can't imagine them getting out of that situation without deaths.

lectorsbooks

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2013, 07:16:50 pm »
It's true - that scene was so tense, I was white-knuckling my Kindle! I had heard some people speculate that Bas was going to die and while I hate to see anyone go down, I'm glad it wasn't him - he seems like he would have more of a chance for happiness than Books did.

blackmetallic

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2013, 07:22:09 pm »
I was grinding my teeth through the whole scene and when Rias was shot at I may have squeaked a little. It is a shame Books died and it was admittedly very sad, but it would have been very unrealistic for everyone to survive a situation like that alive.

Now, about all those touchy feely scenes between Am and Sic. Squeeee!!!!!!!
Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape.
-Death in Hogfather

dptalia

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2013, 07:27:14 pm »
Squee!  You mean those scenes I've read multiple times?

I was white knuckled during the sewer scene....  Wish I could have seen it from Sicarius' perspective too.

blackmetallic

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2013, 07:29:30 pm »
Yes, those. I think I'm on my fourth round on those  ;D

I was white knuckled during the sewer scene....  Wish I could have seen it from Sicarius' perspective too.
Yes, it was like a damn horror movie. Nothing worse than a bloodthirsty puppet assassin behind you in a tight, dark and dirty tunnel.
Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape.
-Death in Hogfather

lectorsbooks

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2013, 07:39:35 pm »
Yes, those. I think I'm on my fourth round on those  ;D

oh, please, let's not count.  might be embarassing for some of us. ahem.  ;D

Yes, it was like a damn horror movie. Nothing worse than a bloodthirsty puppet assassin behind you in a tight, dark and dirty tunnel.

For some reason that didn't seem as intense to me as the mob scene. I mean, I was *mostly* sure Sic wouldn't tortue and kill Am, but mobs are scary.

dptalia

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2013, 07:57:05 pm »
I don't know.  The mob scene seemed off to me.  Maybe because it was so unexpected.  Whereas there was that lead up to the sewer scene...

moldynotgo

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2013, 07:01:51 am »
The sewer scene seemed so ready-for-film. I could practically hear the soundtrack.

Cam

• Lurker
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2013, 08:17:59 am »
So I was randomly browsing the forums last night (after a loooong hiatus), trying to figure out when I could snag a copy of this book. I knew it'd be a long shot, but I was idly browsing when all of a sudden a saw a link to it on smashwords. I think I sat in disbelief for a solid 10 seconds or so.
And then I ran over to smashwords as quickly as possible. I couldn't put in my credit card information fast enough.
Aaaand then I devoured the entire book in 4-5 hours. I'll have to go back and re-read.
But anyway... BOOKS. Guys, I cried. Actual tears were in my eyes. (I NEVER cry in books like that.) That epilogue was so bittersweet, but I have so much sympathy for Akstyr. Poor guy. :(

Then there was the hair cut... Uh-huh. Good stuff :D Anyway, I'm gonna go back and read it again and again and again. Thank you Lindsay for this amazing series. So sad to see it go.

Kitty

• Explosives - add P for Plenty
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2013, 09:40:24 am »
Hmm i shouldn't read this forum when i had to sleep and therefore only at 85% through the book
Stress /noun/ : The confusion created when the mind must override the body's basic desire to choke the ever-loving-shit out of someone who desperately deserves it.

dptalia

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2013, 01:47:51 pm »
Hmm i shouldn't read this forum when i had to sleep and therefore only at 85% through the book

Ooo, BAD idea Kitty.  Go read.

Kitty

• Explosives - add P for Plenty
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2013, 02:25:15 pm »
i finished and appreciated the warning about Books to be honest otherwise my kindle would have flown
Stress /noun/ : The confusion created when the mind must override the body's basic desire to choke the ever-loving-shit out of someone who desperately deserves it.

Cael

• Plot Bunny Breeder
  • These Are Not The Krakens You Are Looking For
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2013, 05:53:27 pm »
HAIRCUT!!
Once you've made sure that the signal gets through
There's one final thing that I want you to do
Put me where I'll see stars, so that I can see you
And I'll soar like a leaf on the wind

lectorsbooks

« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2013, 05:55:32 pm »
I did make sure to put this thread in the spoiler section! :)

But yes, I would have liked to know in advance who was going to die. I always get my husband to tell me. It's the only way I made it through the firefly movie.