Author Topic: enjoying latest addiction  (Read 6004 times)

DeRo

enjoying latest addiction
« on: July 21, 2013, 11:15:24 am »
Just got to tip my hat to the author; it's been a while since I couldn't put a book down with ease. The whole EE series has been phenomenal. I seriously restricted my reading time to only before bed in order to make the books last longer, didn't help that I then stayed up and read til 3am, but the good intentions were there.   ::)

dptalia

Re: enjoying latest addiction
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2013, 06:56:46 pm »
Yeah, EE6 and EE7 wreaked havoc on my sleep schedule.

Kitty

• Explosives - add P for Plenty
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2013, 06:50:14 am »
what a sleep schedule?  i read until I passed out
Stress /noun/ : The confusion created when the mind must override the body's basic desire to choke the ever-loving-shit out of someone who desperately deserves it.

Two Ravens

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2013, 10:24:20 am »
I am very lucky. While I bought EE1 a while ago, it languished on my Kindle unfinished for months (Fell off the first page, and I kind of forgot about it). I finally picked it back up, then devoured Books 2-6.5, Encrypted and Decrypted in the past month! I almost feel guilty that I didn't have to wait as long as the rest of you!

Kitty

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2013, 10:58:30 am »
oooh i could hate you for that, but you are now an EE crack whore, so you are forgiven ;D
Stress /noun/ : The confusion created when the mind must override the body's basic desire to choke the ever-loving-shit out of someone who desperately deserves it.

FanOfEE

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2013, 02:53:33 pm »
oooh i could hate you for that, but you are now an EE crack whore, so you are forgiven ;D

EE crack whore is so accurate. I've been pimping this series to anyone who reads. It seriously is the most addictive series I have ever read. It's the best.

Kitty

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2013, 05:00:06 am »
its up there with Discworld and Rivers

kdenning

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2013, 09:45:10 am »
My new question is how long do I want to wait before rereading the series. I usually like to wait a minimum of 3 month so I return with fresh eyes. I reread Flash Gold to pass some time, but I blew through that in less than a week.

Kitty

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2013, 10:18:05 am »
You seriously think you'll make it to 3 months? :o

uncreativename

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2013, 03:33:52 pm »

EE crack whore is so accurate. I've been pimping this series to anyone who reads. It seriously is the most addictive series I have ever read. It's the best.

I'm glad I'm not the only one! .. I hope your success rates are better than mine though...
"Heal her." Sicarius forced Akstyr to his knees at Amaranthe's side. Sicraus did not say "or else." He did not have to. The threat hung in the air, as dense as fog.

DeRo

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2013, 03:50:07 pm »
 I started EE1 in March and was thrilled I had so many more to devour; I finished EE6 three days before EE7 came out. If it hadn't have been for the short stories to fill my time between 6 and 7 my "before bed reading" time would have been boring. I have Encrypted and Decrypted to read before I start the EE series over again. It's nice to have something to look forward to, don't you think?

kdenning

« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2013, 10:11:51 am »
I started EE1 in March and was thrilled I had so many more to devour; I finished EE6 three days before EE7 came out. If it hadn't have been for the short stories to fill my time between 6 and 7 my "before bed reading" time would have been boring. I have Encrypted and Decrypted to read before I start the EE series over again. It's nice to have something to look forward to, don't you think?

If you haven't read Flash Gold yet, you should put that on your reading list too.

DeRo

« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2013, 01:47:32 pm »
Just finished Encrypted and Decrypted then looked back through L. B.'s books and found Enigma. Hmmm..... Is that a must read or should I jump ahead to Flash Gold?

dptalia

« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2013, 06:12:56 pm »
You need to read Enigma.  It's where we meet our lovely Nurian Diplomat from FiB2.  Lots of good background material.

DeRo

« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2013, 02:39:26 pm »
Now that its all said and done, it would have been better to read the books in order.  :-\
No harm done though, still enjoyed them. Quite the contrast between T&R's relationship to A&S, eh?