Author Topic: Twitter/Facebook/etc  (Read 15973 times)

riamachia

• Wait, what? Why am *I* getting blamed for this?
Twitter/Facebook/etc
« on: May 03, 2012, 12:44:45 pm »
What do YOU think Amaranthe & Co would talk about on Twitter?  Post some imaginary conversations, reply to others.  Oh, but if you reply, PLEASE use the Quote option so that we can all keep the conversations straight!
Maria
"Is that why you... appreciate me?"
"It's her eyes."

riamachia

Re: Twitter/Facebook/etc
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2012, 07:46:42 pm »
Hmm, no takers?   Here's my original take, with a few edits now that I've had some time to ponder more. 

Argh, that's annoying.  Thanks Mana, not sure what happened there.  I didn't even notice that it didn't update.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 05:16:12 am by riamachia »
Maria
"It's her eyes."

Mana

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2012, 08:35:32 pm »
Hmmm, let me try the copy and paste...

@galslovemals
Boss, why are we doing this again?

@ilovemib
It's called NETWORKING. We need the business! Don't you want to give those ladies a way to get in touch with you?

@galslovemals
Once we get in touch there's not much business left to take care of.

@ilovemib

@sciencegeek
sure men in black was a gr8 movie, but srsly? and i still dont c y u wont let me Make a commincations device.

@ilovemib
Akstyr! Watch your spelling & grammar or I WILL tell @iamnothansor you want some tips on healthy eating.

@sciencegeek
Yes, ma'am.

@cookingwithsteam
Amaranthe, you promised to treat us with respect. Do not threaten the boy with torture!

@librorumregula
Test.
Am I chirping?

@iamnothansor
No one is standing watch. There is a crossbow bolt in each of you. I am sure you will all be happy to receive more extensive training in awareness. Be ready two hours before dawn.

@galslovemals
Did you HAVE to sign him up too?
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 08:37:09 pm by Mana »
www.nault-findley.com
www.samantha-nolan.com

"In your haste to save the world, take care that you do not destroy it."

samramsam

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2012, 07:47:25 pm »
Hmmm, let me try the copy and paste...

@galslovemals
Boss, why are we doing this again?

@ilovemib
It's called NETWORKING. We need the business! Don't you want to give those ladies a way to get in touch with you?

@galslovemals
Once we get in touch there's not much business left to take care of.

@ilovemib

@sciencegeek
sure men in black was a gr8 movie, but srsly? and i still dont c y u wont let me Make a commincations device.

@ilovemib
Akstyr! Watch your spelling & grammar or I WILL tell @iamnothansor you want some tips on healthy eating.

@sciencegeek
Yes, ma'am.

@cookingwithsteam
Amaranthe, you promised to treat us with respect. Do not threaten the boy with torture!

@librorumregula
Test.
Am I chirping?

@iamnothansor
No one is standing watch. There is a crossbow bolt in each of you. I am sure you will all be happy to receive more extensive training in awareness. Be ready two hours before dawn.

@galslovemals
Did you HAVE to sign him up too?

I love the hypothetical handles, but am feeling a bit dim on a few of the above.  Can you clarify who is @cookingwithsteam and @librorumregula?  And Amaranthe's handle is a surreptitious nod to her interest in Sicarius, yes?
Silly Nutella, stop leaping onto my spoon!

riamachia

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2012, 09:48:17 pm »
Quote from: kmj
I love the hypothetical handles, but am feeling a bit dim on a few of the above.  Can you clarify who is @cookingwithsteam and @librorumregula?  And Amaranthe's handle is a surreptitious nod to her interest in Sicarius, yes?

@cookingwithsteam = Basilard, as a nod to the steampunk nature of the world & his history as a chef  :) 
@librorumregula = Books, it's Latin for "books rule"
@sciencegeek = Akstyr, for the Mental Sciences
@galslovemals = Maldynado, although pretty much everybody guessed that one.  :D   
@ilovemib = Amaranthe, and yeah, just a nod to Sicarius always dressing in black.  I was really tempted to do something with enforcers or girls rule, but couldn't think of something short enough! 
@iamnothansor = Sicarius, because he never did tell Amaranthe what name WOULD have been his first pick and she was feeling snarky.  :P 

My pop culture reference for Deret Mancrest is DM = @dangermouse, but I don't know how many people would get that joke. 
Sespian was trying to get a few words in too, but I couldn't place an @ for him. 
Yara was thinking about @notmalspal, but thought it might make him feel too special if his name was in there at all. 

I'd love to see what kind of nicknames other people come up with! 
Maria
"It's her eyes."

AGA

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2012, 04:32:43 pm »
I think it would be funny if Yara had a mchammer reference. She had a problem with touching and mchammer's song can't touch this, I think, is perfect for her. @mcyara

riamachia

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2012, 06:23:48 pm »
Quote from: AGA
I think it would be funny if Yara had a mchammer reference. She had a problem with touching and mchammer's song can't touch this, I think, is perfect for her. @mcyara

Okay, see, now Yara-in-my-head is wearing HAMMER PANTS, and when her boss tries to say her involvement with the EE isn't acceptable for an enforcer, she'll give him the hand sign and say she's "Too legit to quit." 
Maria
"It's her eyes."

turgonianpractitioner

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2012, 10:27:32 pm »
Quote from: kmj

@cookingwithsteam = Basilard, as a nod to the steampunk nature of the world & his history as a chef  :) 
@librorumregula = Books, it's Latin for "books rule"
@sciencegeek = Akstyr, for the Mental Sciences
@galslovemals = Maldynado, although pretty much everybody guessed that one.  :D   
@ilovemib = Amaranthe, and yeah, just a nod to Sicarius always dressing in black.  I was really tempted to do something with enforcers or girls rule, but couldn't think of something short enough! 
@iamnothansor = Sicarius, because he never did tell Amaranthe what name WOULD have been his first pick and she was feeling snarky.  :P 

My pop culture reference for Deret Mancrest is DM = @dangermouse, but I don't know how many people would get that joke. 
Sespian was trying to get a few words in too, but I couldn't place an @ for him. 
Yara was thinking about @notmalspal, but thought it might make him feel too special if his name was in there at all. 

I'd love to see what kind of nicknames other people come up with!

um, so, @sciencegeek is taken and @turgonianpractitioner is too long, so @akstyr will have to do. anybody else going to join me on twitter? mals is there, but no amranthe, or books, or bas.... or sicarius

riamachia

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2012, 10:45:59 pm »
um, so, @sciencegeek is taken and @turgonianpractitioner is too long, so @akstyr will have to do. anybody else going to join me on twitter? mals is there, but no amranthe, or books, or bas.... or sicarius

lmao - @galslovemals was happy to see a friend! 
Maria
"It's her eyes."

sweartoad

• I'm on DeviantArt (occasionally)
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2012, 07:21:57 am »
LOL! Being on Twitter as Sicarius would be like talking to a rock. Maybe he'd throw in the occasional "Huh" or "Hmm" to let you know he was still alive (he might even say a few sentences to Amaranthe when the mood strikes him) but otherwise icy stares probably don't translate well over the internet :D

@Akstyr is cool, have fun arguing with @galslovemals :))

riamachia

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2012, 11:42:53 am »
So now we have all of EE except Books, and A&S are flirting?   :o
Maria
"It's her eyes."

AKK

• Before & After & Inbetween - Physicist on the Rampage
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2012, 11:50:17 am »

I totally get Danger Mouse, but who's going to be Penfold? Though I admit changing a cane to an eyeflap is kinda risquee around here.
"You are not cleared for that."

riamachia

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2012, 01:32:30 pm »
I totally get Danger Mouse, but who's going to be Penfold? Though I admit changing a cane to an eyeflap is kinda risquee around here.

Sweetie - talking about canes to begin with is risque around here!
Maria
"It's her eyes."

AKK

• Before & After & Inbetween - Physicist on the Rampage
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2012, 02:04:42 pm »

Sweetie - talking about canes to begin with is risque around here!

Considering this forum, talking (!) to begin with is risque around here! ;)

and p.s.: "Sweetie" 's a misnomer. ;)
"You are not cleared for that."

moldynotgo

« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2012, 05:19:30 am »
Are we still missing Yara and Books?