Author Topic: What are you guys up to this summer?  (Read 7089 times)

LindsayB

• I write books. ;)
    • http://www.lindsayburoker.com
What are you guys up to this summer?
« on: August 13, 2013, 11:22:10 am »
Hey guys,

How's everybody doing this summer? Anything fun going on? It seems a few people have been meeting up in real life and that crochet bunnies have been traipsing around the world. Anything else of note?

I'm about 2/3rds of the way through the first draft of Book 1 in my next series (the contemporary not-so-urban fantasy), and I have a short romance/adventure novel in the works too. I just re-read the Flash Gold stories, so I need to sit down and plot out the next one of those too. I'm not quite sure what will be ready to go next, but I'd like to have something out in September. I have tentative plans to revisit the EE world in 2014 too. :)

Lindsay

K2N2

Re: What are you guys up to this summer?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2013, 11:36:36 am »
Currently winding down the summer.  Working way too hard for the amount of output I seem to be producing.  Vacation to Vancouver BC and Bellingham WA.  Misc. local trips on the weekends.  Kid #1 was in Germany for 3 weeks on a student exchange program and now we have the German counterpart here for 3 weeks.  Kid #2 is playing way too much with the computer (luckily some of that time is spent grumbling about optimum clock speeds and tweaking video card performance).  Waiting for the bunnies to come my way. 
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 10:20:36 am by K2N2 »

sterre

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2013, 11:45:21 am »
I'm in summer hibernation mode. Living in FL means I hide inside all summer, and come out when the weather is less nasty.
In the mean time I got suckered into writing a fan fiction, because it seems the residents here are fanatics about that sort of thing.  :) That is almost done.
I may have to take up crochet again, its been a while.
Apparently, I lack charisma

Moondreamer

• Global Moderator
  • The plot bunnies, they will not leave me alone!!!
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2013, 12:35:13 pm »
Looking foward to reading your next project, Lindsay! On my side, it's more writing and editing msotly, while looking for a new job that would allow me to live closer to my family and friend. Just went for an interview yesterday, so I'm crossing my fingers about that.
"You have a disturbing sense of humor."
http://www.nault-findley.com/

blackmetallic

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2013, 12:36:34 pm »
The first half of spring/summer was spent flying about like a headless chicken (3 weeks in Europe and then a week in  the Dominican Republic right after), the middle of the summer until now I spent working for customers and now we're planning our next trip to Europe again. Weather here in Michigan has pretty much sucked since it's been rainy and relatively cold, so I've spent most of it in my work area painting, drawing and sewing random things when I haven't been working for clients. I've been to a couple of art fairs and read a lot, but in all honesty my summer has been incredibly boring so far. Looking forward to fall colors and octoberfest in Scandinavia, even if that doesn't happen for another month.
Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape.
-Death in Hogfather

ndngirl

• "Whatever you wish, Amaranthe" - Sicarius
  • JenT
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2013, 12:58:26 pm »
Yeah im super excited about the FG series and EE in 2014!
My summer was spent doing accounting homework, now im just waiting for an accountant position to open up so I can apply. My little family did get to see our family in New York for a week, but again, i was doing homework the whole time, i didnt get to quite enjoy my time. Moore, Oklahoma has calmed down since our May tornado's. My city is slowly rebuilding, and the majority of the debris has been picked up. Looking forward to a wonderful fall!
""Yes" He kissed her on the neck, and the warmth of his lips sent a wave of heat through her." Sicarius and Amaranthe
Conspiracy

Cindy

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2013, 02:15:41 pm »
I'm waiting for my husband to get back from a 10 1/2 month deployment. 4 more days of being a single parent to 2 small children!  I've been reading a lot as part of my Sanity Continuation Program.  I also met Lindsay and Deanna (dptalia) in person.  Who knew Colorado Springs was such a happening place? Evidence that we actually exist is attached.

AlicePage

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2013, 02:58:05 am »
I'm armpits deep in wedding planning.  (Only 24 more days!)  Why I thought it would be a good idea for a chronic procrastinator to have a DIY wedding, I have no idea. ::) Playing around with the idea of opening an etsy shop... and looking for another book series to get sucked into while waiting for Lindsay's next batch of addictive amazingness! :)
"Assassins don't loiter."
"What do you call it?"
"Standing. Purposefully."

Kitty

• Explosives - add P for Plenty
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2013, 03:34:08 am »
Similar to Alice in that am looking for a new book series to get addicted to and spend too much money on.  other than that am working on my own writing and inflicting it on the ever patient Alison to edit.  Girl is a star.  other than that am hurriedly making plans, trying to get my christmas shopping done ASAP, get the house/garden/driveway sorted and tidied up, then looking up child minders as I am 7 weeks pregnant :o  And i didn't have to take any exams or anything to see if i am mentally stable enough to be a parent >:D
Stress /noun/ : The confusion created when the mind must override the body's basic desire to choke the ever-loving-shit out of someone who desperately deserves it.

SparkleGirl

• <insert inspiring text here>
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2013, 05:01:07 am »
Aww congrats Kitty. You'll make an fun mum  ;D I am delving into the murky world of writing. We'll see. I should probably finish killing EE characters but I'm lacking motivation.
"Oh good," Maldynado said. "Isabel got out."

moldynotgo

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2013, 05:28:23 am »
Alice, mazal tov!

And Kitty, feel good honey. If you haven't read The Girlfriend's Guide to Pregnancy, you should, it's right up your alley.

Here I am juggling summer camps and babysitters trying to keep my job during my kids' summer break.... Oh, and the AC just stopped working here at work again. Aw poop.

Kitty

• Explosives - add P for Plenty
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2013, 05:53:38 am »
My air conditioning is fine :)  except i have it on warm as am shivering in it :o

And thanks guys, am going to get infinitely more erratic as the weeks go on.
Stress /noun/ : The confusion created when the mind must override the body's basic desire to choke the ever-loving-shit out of someone who desperately deserves it.

Two Ravens

« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2013, 06:39:04 am »
Just got back from an Alaskan cruise. It was lots of fun! I saw bears, whales, and bald eagles galore. Now that I am back home in VA I am just counting the days till fall when the weather gets cooler.

Annie

« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2013, 10:10:32 am »
Congrats Kitty and Alice!

Where did summer go?  Can't believe it is almost over.  It's been a quiet one, mostly spent shuttling kids to camp.  Finally going to the beach the last week before school starts again, and then sending my baby to kindergarten.  And, I'm ready for your next book Lindsay!

K2N2

« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2013, 10:27:53 am »
Huzza to Kitty and Alice.

Kitty: Between "What to Expect when you are Expecting" and the "Girlfriend's Guide to Pregnancy" you will have everything you needed to know and more. 

Alice:  Enjoy yourself and  don't sweat the small stuff.  As long as the paperwork gets filed correctly its all good.