Author Topic: Special Edition Requests? :)  (Read 6168 times)

LindsayB

• I write books. ;)
    • http://www.lindsayburoker.com
Special Edition Requests? :)
« on: September 18, 2013, 03:41:29 pm »
Hi guys,

So, I'm still kicking this idea around, but I dug out a couple of early (pre-EE1!) short stories when I was rooting around for the Kickstarter goodies, and I thought that instead of cleaning these up and publishing them separately, what if I did a EE1 "Special Edition" with the stories along with some author commentary (not sure how this would work yet, but I am imagining little footnotes in the original story that link to me blabbing about stuff). I could also include the one or two cut scenes I have up on my blog. I wouldn't put them back into the original story (no George Lucas stuff here!), but add them at the end, the way DVDs do bonus materials.

My thought is to release this at Christmas and sell it for $4.95, like the rest of the books, while still keeping the original novel out there for free, so this would basically be for diehard folks who love getting extras, though it's always possible that someone might stumble across it as an entry point, so I probably wouldn't mention a lot of spoilers. I'd want to make it worth paying for, so if there's anything you guys think would be fun to add, I'd love to hear about it.

Thanks!

K2N2

Re: Special Edition Requests? :)
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2013, 06:36:26 pm »
Count me in as one of the "diehards".  I'd buy it in a heartbeat.  I like the footnote/link idea where you can click and drop into whatever tidbit you happen to want to enlighten us with.  As for things to include, I'm always curious about bits of backstory and world building that are implied (or barely mentioned) but never directly explained. 

Cindy

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2013, 09:22:39 pm »
Sicarius POV for a few key scenes!

Kitty

• Explosives - add P for Plenty
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2013, 04:14:19 am »
i'd love to hear more of the backstories of each character :)
Stress /noun/ : The confusion created when the mind must override the body's basic desire to choke the ever-loving-shit out of someone who desperately deserves it.

LindsayB

• I write books. ;)
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2013, 04:32:37 pm »
Sicarius POV for a few key scenes!

Heh, I had a feeling that would come up. I had it in mind and will keep it there. It'd be kind of hard to go back to hardass Sicarius after doing the friendly and fluffy (sort of) version at the end there. Like uncracking an egg... :P

riamachia

• Wait, what? Why am *I* getting blamed for this?
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2013, 06:38:38 pm »
Heh, I had a feeling that would come up. I had it in mind and will keep it there. It'd be kind of hard to go back to hardass Sicarius after doing the friendly and fluffy (sort of) version at the end there. Like uncracking an egg... :P

I'm sorry, it took me a while to get up off the floor. 
DO WANT!!!!!!
Maria
"Is that why you... appreciate me?"
"It's her eyes."

Annie

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2013, 03:24:15 pm »
Pretty sure I can never have enough Sicarious POV, so adding a vote for that! 

Going through those older stories will put you right back in to hardass Sicarius mindset, right?  And, you could have spoilers, with a spoiler warning?  Well, can't hurt to throw it out there :)

oxalis

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2013, 09:04:19 pm »
Oh, yes please!  & ditto the requests for backstory and *especially* the requests for lots more Sicarius POV.  :) 

I'd particularly like to see his POV from the time that he first hears that this crazy woman is asking for him all over town up until the time he stops to tell her about the secret exits from the dungeons (which I think is the first crack in that eggshell, even though he has NO clue what is about to hit him...)  This would have to be him at his most hardass, but it would be an excellent contrast to where he ends up.  Also, he would still be all-observant and analytical, right?  just without the warm, fuzzy (sort of) side that he developed under Am's influence.  So, pleeeeeeeze?!   :D

Kara

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2013, 10:50:24 pm »
I am in:) I love the idea!

SPYforYOU

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2013, 02:32:36 pm »
Pretty sure I can never have enough Sicarious POV, so adding a vote for that! 

Going through those older stories will put you right back in to hardass Sicarius mindset, right?  And, you could have spoilers, with a spoiler warning?  Well, can't hurt to throw it out there :)

Yes, yes!! I would soo pay for this! And I like the idea of putting up a spoiler alert for some stuff, so that you can delve further in. And of course, the real thing everyone wants (SICARIUS POV)
Party the hardest on Wednesdays :)

moldynotgo

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2013, 02:37:56 pm »
Yes. Yes yes yes.

I want an entire Sic POV chapter (section?) titled: "Much. Often."

SPYforYOU

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2013, 02:40:03 pm »
Yes. Yes yes yes.

OMG, so much can come out of that. I need every scene of where he did that... now. And the run where he "listened in" to the pick-nick with Mancrest and Am!
Party the hardest on Wednesdays :)

LindsayB

• I write books. ;)
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2013, 05:18:42 pm »

lol, I'm not sure much of that was happening in Book 1. I'm not sure how hawt she was shivering in that bath tub after being ravaged by sickness. :P

Annie

« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2013, 08:11:42 pm »
In EE1 I'd like to know where Sicarius goes off to when he is not with Amaranthe or the group.  Is he really somewhere else, or just in the shadows?  Perfect for some author commentary!

SabrielN7

« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2013, 06:47:43 pm »
I'd buy it!

As for extra content, how about that one time that Amaranthe went out drinking with Maldynado?

Some of my favorite episodes of TV shows tend to be those episodes that go totally off the plot rails and show the characters in a silly situation.  It's hard to do that in a novel:

Chapter 11: Plot.
Chapter 12: Everyone accidentally ingests psychotropic mushrooms and plays capture the flag with dangerous Made artifacts.
Chapter 13: Plot.

I imagine that Amaranthe's disastrous night on the town probably qualifies as one of those silly episodes. I'd love to read it.

As for author commentary, I'd love to know more about your process. I'm definitely in favor of author commentary.
This appears to have fallen from a great height.