Author Topic: Special Edition Requests? :)  (Read 6737 times)

Cael

• Plot Bunny Breeder
  • These Are Not The Krakens You Are Looking For
Re: Special Edition Requests? :)
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2013, 08:26:09 pm »
I love the idea of sidebar links in the text, kinda like what what wikipedia does to references to allow nice flow of text for reading, but easy access for us die-hards to click on over and over with each read-through.

Don't pay attention to the fact that the nearest Wiki page I had open was about spiders. That's just how I roll  8)
Once you've made sure that the signal gets through
There's one final thing that I want you to do
Put me where I'll see stars, so that I can see you
And I'll soar like a leaf on the wind

SparkleGirl

• <insert inspiring text here>
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2013, 04:41:38 pm »
Yes, but only if it's a maxed out uber-geek edition. I want to be sated after reading it, fully EE-ed out.

Also, what has happened to the 'guess that bellybutton' competition?
Surely it takes precedence!  ;D
"Oh good," Maldynado said. "Isabel got out."

Kitty

• Explosives - add P for Plenty
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2013, 09:12:20 am »
am rereading EE1 on and off, and I want to know what was going throug Sicarius' head when he rescued Am in the library after she was attacked and molested.  he emoted!  in book 1! :o
Stress /noun/ : The confusion created when the mind must override the body's basic desire to choke the ever-loving-shit out of someone who desperately deserves it.

chelabella21

« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2013, 09:29:15 pm »
In EE1 I'd like to know where Sicarius goes off to when he is not with Amaranthe or the group.  Is he really somewhere else, or just in the shadows?  Perfect for some author commentary!

I have always wondered where he went to. Does he have some secret hideout or something?
"If you two sludge-licking toads so much as wave those knives in my direction, I'll rip your apples off, stuff them like taxidermy ostriches, then hand deliver them to your boss with the suggestion that they be incorporated into future juggling practices."   - Evrial Yara

moldynotgo

« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2013, 05:17:44 am »
In which part of this scenario does the Empress read all of our old fanfic and grade it based on accuracy and creativity? ;)

K2N2

« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2013, 11:35:53 am »
For legal reasons the Empress shouldn't admit to reading our fanfic.  It sets her up for copywrite infringement suits.  Not that anyone here would do that but its happened before to other authors. 

Mana

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2013, 03:30:57 pm »
For legal reasons the Empress shouldn't admit to reading our fanfic.  It sets her up for copywrite infringement suits.  Not that anyone here would do that but its happened before to other authors.

I thought it would swing the other way...
www.nault-findley.com
www.samantha-nolan.com

"In your haste to save the world, take care that you do not destroy it."

sterre

« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2013, 12:26:42 pm »
In which part of this scenario does the Empress read all of our old fanfic and grade it based on accuracy and creativity? ;)
Oh, dear heavens no. I'd die if I knew for sure she read it. then again, anyone else reading it kind of gives me cold sweats a bit.
Apparently, I lack charisma

K2N2

« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2013, 09:44:59 am »
I thought it would swing the other way...

You'd think so but it's happened.  The author won the suit if I recall but it cost alot of time and $.  (You must note I said "admit" to reading the fan fiction....not that she ever would  ::) )

SPYforYOU

« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2013, 03:36:32 pm »
My favorite part is that the Empress gets to talk to us and we get to bug her back :P
Party the hardest on Wednesdays :)

moldynotgo

« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2013, 05:17:21 am »
I'm aware of the legal issues and I think it could be taken care of with a good disclaimer. This is, after all, her own site.

K2N2

« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2013, 12:39:44 pm »
A disclaimer might be worth a shot.  I don't know off the top of my head of any case that had a disclaimer in the mix but then again I've not done the research and copywrite law isn't really my niche.

moldynotgo

« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2013, 04:47:04 am »
At least the fanfic from the contests. That would be fun.

Maggie

« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2013, 05:13:41 pm »
Lindsay, why do you even ask these sorts of questions. EVERYTHING YOU DO IS AMAZING! :) Ahem...but yes, I would love to read it and laugh at your hysterically written comments. Because I love you. Is it too soon to say that? Oops.
"I didn't faint, I passed out in a manly way."

LindsayB

• I write books. ;)
    • http://www.lindsayburoker.com
« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2013, 11:33:20 pm »
Because I love you. Is it too soon to say that? Oops.

Yeah, you're supposed to wait until you have at least 5 posts on the forum before going there. ;)