Author Topic: Surfing Wikipedia, and This Caught My Eye...  (Read 1934 times)

Cael

• Plot Bunny Breeder
  • These Are Not The Krakens You Are Looking For
Surfing Wikipedia, and This Caught My Eye...
« on: October 06, 2013, 05:09:23 pm »
Sicarius is a genus of spider, the best known being the six-eyed sand spider of southern Africa. It is also commonly known as assassin spiders for the relatively quick catching and killing of their prey.

Cousin to the feared brown recluse spider, its venom may actually be more toxic. They're pretty mean-looking as well
Once you've made sure that the signal gets through
There's one final thing that I want you to do
Put me where I'll see stars, so that I can see you
And I'll soar like a leaf on the wind

SPYforYOU

Re: Surfing Wikipedia, and This Caught My Eye...
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2013, 05:21:52 pm »
Just imagine that thing human sized and brandishing a knife. I think I'd die of a heart attack first.
Party the hardest on Wednesdays :)

blackmetallic

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2013, 02:59:24 pm »
Just imagine that thing human sized and brandishing a knife. I think I'd die of a heart attack first.
I used to be afraid of any and all spiders, until we moved into this house. It seems that it's the Grand Central Station for spiders, and they absolutely LOVE walking on the couch back rest to surprise you while you're watching North & South (or any other lovely bit of British TV). We've had some pretty big ones too, especially the huntsman and grass spiders can be the size of a coaster with their legs extended. Damn scary if you happen to bump into them in a dim room. Anyways, I'm not afraid of them anymore. I just gently move them outside and tell them to not come back, please.

Michigan also has brown recluses and I still need to check online if I see a type of spider I haven't seen before, just in case. I don't want those guys in the house tyvm.
Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape.
-Death in Hogfather

Cael

• Plot Bunny Breeder
  • These Are Not The Krakens You Are Looking For
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2014, 12:14:24 am »
I always tell folks - you don't have a spider problem... you have a bug problem. Spiders go where the food is!

We had a terrible Indian meal moth infestation in our house courtesy of our local Target. For a few years, we had a thriving population of the triangulate cobweb spider, S. triangulosa, all over the house! Luckily they happen to be harmless and very pretty :) At the height of it all we had around two dozen camped out very publicly in various cabinets or corners of the kitchen, catching and eating the moths. They were so numerous that I was able to caught a few egg sac hatchings and even a courtship on camera, which was really cool.

Sadly, the moths have been ousted and the spiders have moved on...
Once you've made sure that the signal gets through
There's one final thing that I want you to do
Put me where I'll see stars, so that I can see you
And I'll soar like a leaf on the wind