Author Topic: Santacarius 2013: Return of the Holiday Fic and Art Exchange  (Read 8535 times)

judy

Re: Santacarius 2013: Return of the Holiday Fic and Art Exchange
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2013, 10:15:51 pm »
I'm in!

Sorry for being so late, Sarah.

Prompts, hmm.

1) Something warm and cozy, like baking pies.

2) Puppies.

3) Winter survival skills.

Any characters!
It's possible we remember the events a little differently.

Sarah

• Pants Requisition and Denial
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2013, 11:48:16 pm »
All right, folks, I have done the matching. I'm holding off on handing out assignments until tomorrow evening, on the off-chance that anyone else decides that they want to sign up late. If you've been thinking about it, speak up now or forever hold your peace!

Right now, ten people have signed up. :)
"She tried to imagine him married and living in a house in the countryside with a passel of toddlers running around. The vision did not evolve far. If he ever  married, it would have to be to someone who would follow him into the woods and up a tree." -- Dark Currents

Sarah

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2013, 04:59:04 pm »
All the assignments have gone out at this point, everyone! If anyone else is interested in signing up, let me know ASAP. If you are interested, then it would work best if you can drag someone else in with you, because even numbers would make my life easier. But if you can't, I will FIND A WAY. Through hell or high water or having to write multiple stories. Call me the Little Sarahcarius That Could -- I will make Santacarius happen for you!

Important info:

Deadline: 10 January 2014

Earlier is better! If I get all the gifts before 10 January, then I will be posting them before then! If I don't, then I will be posting them whenever  I have a gift for everyone.

Length for fics:  Please shoot for at least 1000 words in length. Longer is perfectly acceptable! But for a minimum length, 1000 words is what I'm hoping for. That's about four pages of double-spaced, 12 pt, Times New Roman, so not very long at all. If you've got 950, that's fine, but if you've got 500 words, please think about writing more.

Questions: If you have questions about your recipient's prompt, ask them through me! PM on the board is best, but the Santacarius e-mail works, too. I will contact your recipient, so your cover is not blown.

Betas: I am currently searching for volunteers for beta readers for Santacarius fics! If you need me to act as an intermediary to find you one, I will be happy to do it. If we can't find anyone, then I will be your beta. I am fun to work with--ask Moon and Mana!

Formatting: Please format stories as PDFs. There are a bunch of different methods to do it -- Google Docs/Drive will let you download text documents as PDFs, and Scrivener will let you convert files to PDFs, as well. If all else fails, Online Convert will convert a variety of different file types to PDF. If you truly cannot figure out how to convert your story into a PDF, then send it to me and I will do it. PDFs can be read in most web browsers, as well as e-readers, so we don't have worry about anyone not being able to read their gift fic because they don't have an up-to-date version of Word or whatever. Do not include your name in the file.

If you are making art, then please use whatever internet friendly format you want. JPEG, PNG . . . uh, GIF -- whatever. Choose wisely.

E-mail: Please send finished gifts to santacarius@gmail.com
"She tried to imagine him married and living in a house in the countryside with a passel of toddlers running around. The vision did not evolve far. If he ever  married, it would have to be to someone who would follow him into the woods and up a tree." -- Dark Currents

Sarah

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2013, 05:43:19 pm »
Update time!

Gifts are due on January 10th, folks. Who has started theirs? Who has not started theirs? Anybody need a stay of execution extension? Tell me about your progress, in the vaguest terms possible!

Remember: If you need to drop out, it's better to tell me earlier, so that I can make arrangements for someone to fill your recipient's prompt. No shame in it! Life happens. :)

Cael

• Plot Bunny Breeder
  • These Are Not The Krakens You Are Looking For
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2013, 12:10:06 am »
I am about halfway done with the rough draft and will try to get it done before I leave for vacation obligatory family-time for my folks, who live 12 hours away by car  :-\

In the tradition of last year's story, I'm making sure this thing is so sweet your teeth will ache, and that's all you're getting out of me mwuahahaha
Once you've made sure that the signal gets through
There's one final thing that I want you to do
Put me where I'll see stars, so that I can see you
And I'll soar like a leaf on the wind

Sarah

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2014, 08:33:43 pm »
Thank you for the update, Cael!

Everybody else, you have ONE WEEK to finish up your stuff and get it to me. ONE WEEK WARNING.

My story features . . . stuff. Entertaining, in my opinion, but I'm easily entertained, so the rest of you might want to get your checkbooks prepared to balance them while reading or instead of reading.

Sarah

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2014, 12:18:28 am »
PARTICIPANTS!

You have TWO DAYS to get your stuff to me! Does anyone need an extension? Does anyone need to drop out? Don't be afraid to ask for an extension, because I will hand them out like candy. (Or dehydrated meat bars, as appropriate for personal preference.) For everyone and anyone. If anyone would like to push the due date to the 17th, I will gladly accommodate that. It means waiting another week to get gifts, but we have to have gifts to give first.

Anyone? Just send me a PM or say something in this thread! :)

If you don't need an extension: START SENDING ME STUFF!

blackmetallic

« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2014, 01:59:29 pm »
I'm almost done with mine, will probably send it to you during today  :)

Edit. I sent it! :D
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 05:50:45 pm by blackmetallic »
Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape.
-Death in Hogfather

Sarah

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2014, 01:28:39 pm »
Awesome! Thanks, Heli! :) It has been received.

Thank you to the other person who sent in their submission, too. Two down, eight to go! (Including mine. Remember, folks: If you need to drop out, let me know sooner rather than later. If you need an extension, let me know that too! Just ask me -- I will say yes. I only need to know who needs a bit more time, so I know something is from you.)

Sarah

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2014, 08:27:07 pm »
I had an aggravating day. It started with a possum on the front porch and kind of went downhill from there. (But then back up after internal application of junk food.) Due to this, everybody has until Sunday, 12 January (or Monday, for those who are a day ahead of me!) to get stuff to me. Because I have given myself an extension.

If anybody who has already submitted stuff wants to revise their submissions, then go ahead! Just get finalized versions to me by Sunday/Monday. You punctual people should get a little extra time, too. :)

Cael

• Plot Bunny Breeder
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2014, 09:45:33 pm »
 :o Our possum just digs in the compost pile and gets run up the power pole by the dogs. Dunno why I would do if he showed up on the front porch! Although he might be what's living in our attic...

blackmetallic

« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2014, 01:42:52 pm »
Aaaaahhhhhh!!!!! *runs in circles around the room tearing hair off* What's going on with Santacarius?! I have a bonus drawing for everyone but I can't post it before everyone's gotten their gift.
Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape.
-Death in Hogfather

Cael

• Plot Bunny Breeder
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2014, 03:25:21 pm »
I've been refreshing, waiting for it to be posted. I need my fix  :P

Sarah

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2014, 05:40:48 pm »
Sorry, guys. I'm still waiting for the last entries to trickle in. I know you're impatient, but people have stuff going on, so you'll have to hold fast and be . . . strong? Be brave! I'm trying not to be a naggy monster, so just please be patient. :)

LindsayB

• I write books. ;)
    • http://www.lindsayburoker.com
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2014, 09:50:15 pm »
Oh dear, there's artwork being held up? :O

I'll hunt for the story I offered to share this weekend. Shall I post it in fanfic (it being unofficial and unedited) or mail it to Sarah?