Author Topic: Not sure you remember me but.....  (Read 3521 times)

Kitty

• Explosives - add P for Plenty
Not sure you remember me but.....
« on: May 27, 2014, 08:16:57 am »
I survived.  maybe.  Ish.  OK it's still under discussion.

Pregnancy + full time work + stress = not well.  Then had a very rough birth which ended with surgery to stitch me back together.  And now I have a baby who power naps rather than sleeps, so internet access happens about once a fortnight.

Other than that I had a little girl on 9th April at 0510 and weighing 6lb 4oz.  Named Megan Findlay Samantha Hope (should have been Findlay Megan but hubby listened to his idiotic football mates.  I call her Finn and sod him).

She now weighs nearly 10lb, the house is a tip and I am crawling up the walls with sleep deprivation, tail end of post natal depression, and a total lack of new books to read.

I miss anything interesting in the last 5 months? :o
Stress /noun/ : The confusion created when the mind must override the body's basic desire to choke the ever-loving-shit out of someone who desperately deserves it.

Annie

Re: Not sure you remember me but.....
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2014, 01:16:28 pm »
Congratulations Kitty!  Sounds like things were rough for a bit, but getting better.  And Finn is growing well!

Those first 12 weeks are the hardest.  You're almost there.  The sleep deprivation will get better, but that takes a few years (plus a few more).  I have to say, I love my children, but I hated those newborn months.

Lindsay's had a few new books out, hopefully you've had a chance to get them, maybe not read them, but sometime soon!

Now, get some sleep.  I know, I know, so much easier said than done.

Moondreamer

• Global Moderator
  • The plot bunnies, they will not leave me alone!!!
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2014, 09:33:49 pm »
Hey Kitty!

Glad you're doing a little better now and thanks for the update! I hope your little family continues to do well. The first few months are hard I know. Maybe come say hi in chat in between power naps :)
"You have a disturbing sense of humor."
http://www.nault-findley.com/

judy

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2014, 08:53:41 pm »
Congratulations, Kitty, on your baby girl. She's almost a year to the day younger than my son (born April 8, last year) and I assure you, you eventually get sleep again. It's sad, maybe, but I found television to be extremely helpful getting through those weeks. He had no idea there was a violent cop show on, and I could forget about the misery just a bit.

I hope you've been able to get the help you need with post-natal depression. It's hard enough dealing with a newborn without that on top of it, too. Send me a message if there's anything you need (commiserating about newborns? the memories are still fresh) or if you'd like to read some post-Republic adventures. :)
It's possible we remember the events a little differently.

Cael

• Plot Bunny Breeder
  • These Are Not The Krakens You Are Looking For
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2014, 03:55:19 pm »
Welcome back Kitty and congrats on the hatchling :)

Although now I have a sudden and powerful urge to draw a helpless looking BunSic holding a bawling baby Bunelle. Hmm
Once you've made sure that the signal gets through
There's one final thing that I want you to do
Put me where I'll see stars, so that I can see you
And I'll soar like a leaf on the wind

Moondreamer

• Global Moderator
  • The plot bunnies, they will not leave me alone!!!
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2014, 06:06:24 pm »
Welcome back Kitty and congrats on the hatchling :)

Although now I have a sudden and powerful urge to draw a helpless looking BunSic holding a bawling baby Bunelle. Hmm

Do eet!
"You have a disturbing sense of humor."
http://www.nault-findley.com/

Mana

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2014, 05:49:58 pm »
Glad you are OK and so is your little girl. I remember those early days. They are so tough!
www.nault-findley.com
www.samantha-nolan.com

"In your haste to save the world, take care that you do not destroy it."

Kitty

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2014, 08:57:14 am »
like moony says: do eeeeet!

hmm who'd have thought it would take me 2 hours from turning the laptop on to clear emails and get here. am so unimpressed by motherhood.  and yes i am typing one handed as finn only sleeps in the day if i am holding her.

managed to get republic read and thoroughly enjoyed it, though my phone battery has yet to thank me for downloading the kindle ap.
Stress /noun/ : The confusion created when the mind must override the body's basic desire to choke the ever-loving-shit out of someone who desperately deserves it.

Mother of the Empress

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2014, 07:13:47 pm »
I survived.  maybe.  Ish.  OK it's still under discussion.

Pregnancy + full time work + stress = not well.  Then had a very rough birth which ended with surgery to stitch me back together.  And now I have a baby who power naps rather than sleeps, so internet access happens about once a fortnight.

Other than that I had a little girl on 9th April at 0510 and weighing 6lb 4oz.  Named Megan Findlay Samantha Hope (should have been Findlay Megan but hubby listened to his idiotic football mates.  I call her Finn and sod him).

She now weighs nearly 10lb, the house is a tip and I am crawling up the walls with sleep deprivation, tail end of post natal depression, and a total lack of new books to read.

I miss anything interesting in the last 5 months? :o

Kitty!!!!

This is Maggie. I've missed your corruptions ^~^
My mother taught me not to throw stones at cripples. But my father taught me to aim for their heads!

ndngirl

• "Whatever you wish, Amaranthe" - Sicarius
  • JenT
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2014, 08:36:21 pm »
Welcome back Kitty! I miss this group! I hate that my work computer can no longer access the forum! NDN girl sad :(

congratulations on the baby.... errrrr sorry I'm a few months behind.  Much like you, life got in my way.
""Yes" He kissed her on the neck, and the warmth of his lips sent a wave of heat through her." Sicarius and Amaranthe
Conspiracy

riamachia

• Wait, what? Why am *I* getting blamed for this?
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2014, 08:03:25 am »
Soooooooooooo far behind the times.   

Congratulations, Kitty!!  :)
Maria
"Is that why you... appreciate me?"
"It's her eyes."

Kitty

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2015, 10:55:37 am »
yeah I'm still alive.  happy pills FTW!