Author Topic: Original Stories and Characters in the EE Universe?  (Read 2057 times)

stormandozone

Original Stories and Characters in the EE Universe?
« on: November 26, 2014, 03:25:53 pm »
Ok so I know it's generally looked down on to make self insert characters for existing fiction, but I was wondering if anyone had created whole casts of Original Characters for the EE universe? I would RP them, but sadly most of my pals who are willing to, haven't read the books despite my encouragement.

So, if you have original story ideas set in that universe, or original characters, share! I wanna hear about everyone who has been inspired by the series :D

LindsayB

• I write books. ;)
    • http://www.lindsayburoker.com
Re: Original Stories and Characters in the EE Universe?
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2014, 10:08:56 pm »
I'm not sure if anyone has made a group of role-playing characters, but I know some of the fan-fic writers have made up their own characters. There's a section of the forum dedicated to fan-fiction if you want to check some of it out. There are quite a few stories in there!

stormandozone

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2014, 09:39:47 am »
Oh I have been reading the fanfics, they are amazing! I love all the creative talents that fans have. I'm just... very uncomfortable writing about other people's established characters, but I really adore the world. I try to read as much as I can, all the short stories and the related fiction because not only are the characters amazing but the setting inspires me to want to write stuff for it!

Moondreamer

• Global Moderator
  • The plot bunnies, they will not leave me alone!!!
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2014, 12:13:29 pm »
I don't think any of the regular fanficcers have ever gone into rp, although maybe there are others in the forum that it could interest :) In any case, don't hesitate on posting fanfiction set in the EE world with original characters. I know there's at least one of those being done (although I'll admit I don't know what it has become), and several of us have made our own characters before :) Also, welcome to the forum!
"You have a disturbing sense of humor."
http://www.nault-findley.com/

stormandozone

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2014, 02:31:37 pm »
Ah thanks for the welcome! Sorry to just dive in, haha.

I'm working on a sort of story about some of the events parallel to the main story line, getting into Forge some with some protagonists who vaguely know of the main protagonists but are far enough away, removed from the events, that they didn't really impact the story.

Oh man I would love to hear about everyones OCs. I'm a major nerd when it comes to characters haha. Is there a collection of them on the site? I poked about but probably not as thoroughly as I could have.

Moondreamer

• Global Moderator
  • The plot bunnies, they will not leave me alone!!!
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2014, 04:31:07 pm »
Unfortunately, I don't think that one fic I had in mind with original OC's has ever been posted. It was being co-authored by two ladies here on the forum, but I think life got in the way. Way back when (before EE6 was released), I did my own take on Starcrest's daughter and Sespian. It's more of an AU now, but it might still interest you : http://the-emperors-edge.com/forum/index.php?topic=248.0

It also introduce Adele Lockdown, Amaranthe and Sicarius' daughter. I had fun with it :)
"You have a disturbing sense of humor."
http://www.nault-findley.com/

Cael

• Plot Bunny Breeder
  • These Are Not The Krakens You Are Looking For
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2014, 09:45:53 am »
I've dabbled in OC groups, but nothing that really made it past the Snippets-of-Plot-Bunny phase. My most fleshed out idea, which isn't saying much, is a take on the 'breeding the perfect soldier' idea.

A shadow mercenary group uses Science to create men and women that are perfectly suited for whatever job is needed - spy, assassin, bodyguards, what have you - and hire them out, or even sell them to the highest bidder. They also catalog material (maybe DNA, maybe something more cellular) of the best of the best around the world, for use in creating these perfect agents.

Things get nasty when a child of this organization is kidnapped because it's rumored that he was created using Sicarius's DNA/cells. The gang was probably involved somehow because of said rumor since Am is nosy, but the idea of a completely OC story had appeal.

It's never gone anywhere and as always, this plot bunny is free to a good home ;)
Once you've made sure that the signal gets through
There's one final thing that I want you to do
Put me where I'll see stars, so that I can see you
And I'll soar like a leaf on the wind