Author Topic: Anyone want a Dragon Blood or Mandrake Company forum?  (Read 2382 times)

Sarah

• Pants Requisition and Denial
  • Global Moderator
Anyone want a Dragon Blood or Mandrake Company forum?
« on: May 18, 2015, 06:55:19 pm »
So, the boards have kind of died off since the main EE series ended, and I miss them. I miss having lots of people to talk with about this stuff. I would love to draw some new activity to the boards, and I think getting some discussion going about the Dragon Blood series or Mandrake Company series (that's Lindsay's SFR pen name project) might be the way to do it.

Lindsay tells me she's got more books planned in Dragon Blood, plus one that will be published in the next couple of weeks, so there is plenty of room for speculation and discussion about what's coming up. Or maybe just about Ridge's ugly couch, which is an item I'm sure could fill volumes. As for Mandrake Company, I think we could have several threads solely about Striker. For example: Did his mother name him that? Is there any hope of him ever finding a woman who will spend time with him voluntarily?

Or maybe, instead of just making new forums, we should start some threads and talk about this stuff, to provide evidence that there is interest out there. Is anybody here? Has anybody read this, or should I print it out, roll it up, and shove it in a bottle before casting it out to sea? Sending out an SOS, sending out an SOS . . .
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 07:13:48 pm by Sarah »
"She tried to imagine him married and living in a house in the countryside with a passel of toddlers running around. The vision did not evolve far. If he ever  married, it would have to be to someone who would follow him into the woods and up a tree." -- Dark Currents

Mana

• Administrator
Re: Anyone want a Dragon Blood or Mandrake Company forum?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2015, 06:05:33 am »
Forums == whole new site (and possibly new domain)
Boards on a Forum == whole new section

Which would you like?

I could make a board called Ruby's Lounge with sub-boards for mandrake company and that time travel book (title elludes me at the moment)
www.nault-findley.com
www.samantha-nolan.com

"In your haste to save the world, take care that you do not destroy it."

Sarah

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2015, 07:04:06 pm »
I meant a new board.   :-[ No, let me be embarrassed some more.  :-[ :-[ :-[

I'll get Lindsay to give me an answer about the Ruby board, but I don't think she'll say no. It's up to her if she wants the Ruby people to come here and find the EE stuff.
"She tried to imagine him married and living in a house in the countryside with a passel of toddlers running around. The vision did not evolve far. If he ever  married, it would have to be to someone who would follow him into the woods and up a tree." -- Dark Currents

LindsayB

• I write books. ;)
    • http://www.lindsayburoker.com
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2015, 10:16:49 pm »
Ruby's Lounge? I'm now imagining some kind of pimp lounge...

https://mycruisestories.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/pimp-room-johns.jpg ?

Sarah

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2015, 11:11:45 pm »
All that velvet! That seems accurate. Late '60s sex lounge is how you guys roll in Arizona, right? :D

Is there another name you'd like better, Lindsay? Would you be cool with posting something about it on the Ruby blog? I'm not sure how much crossover you're going for with Ruby --> Lindsay stuff.

blackmetallic

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2015, 01:16:38 pm »
Ruby's Lounge: the place where your fantasies come true. It might have an appeal to a certain kind of audience :D
Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape.
-Death in Hogfather

Mana

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2015, 10:51:35 pm »
Ruby's Lounge: the place where your fantasies come true. It might have an appeal to a certain kind of audience :D

I aim to please.
www.nault-findley.com
www.samantha-nolan.com

"In your haste to save the world, take care that you do not destroy it."

exstock

• Carnivorous
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2015, 01:01:59 pm »
It'd be great if this forum could somehow be re-jigged into a 'novels and etc by LB & RL' place.  I'm really not a fan of facebook; I'd hate to see this place die off, and I'd hate to lose all the old posts, as well!
"I'm getting my turtleneck. I'm not defusing a bomb in this!"