Author Topic: The world of EE  (Read 2640 times)

AstralAlchemist

The world of EE
« on: August 11, 2015, 03:29:09 pm »
Hi everyone, I've been reading the Emperors Edge series for several years now, but this is my first time posting something here. A topic that I discuss with my friends a lot is about the positioning of the countries and the major land masses in the EE world. Has anyone done a comprehensive map based on details in the novels? If not is anyone willing to help me make one? I own all the books and can certainly draw a map based on the information, but I don't have the time to go through them all and pick out every little detail. If anyone is willing to give me the details I'll do my best to draw a map and post it here.

LindsayB

• I write books. ;)
    • http://www.lindsayburoker.com
Re: The world of EE
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2015, 01:22:40 pm »
I would *pay* someone to do this. :D Even if I had a rough draft, I could then hire a designer to make it look cool and then include the map in the books.

If Turgonia is where North America is, the Kyatt Islands would be where Hawaii is, and Nuria would be Asia/Russia is. Turgonia doesn't go quite to the east coast of its continent (Kendor and Mangdoria have some land over there). Kendor is to the SE of Turgonia, for the most part. Mangdoria is mostly in the mountains to the NE. The desert city-states are to the SW. There's a gulf between the city-states and Kendor.

Anyone want to take that and run with it? :D

Mana

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2015, 10:57:11 am »
Learn something new everyday!
www.nault-findley.com
www.samantha-nolan.com

"In your haste to save the world, take care that you do not destroy it."

blackmetallic

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2015, 06:08:37 pm »
If I were to figure something out based on that description, what would be the size comparison between those countries (and in real life comparison, ie. is Turgonia as big as the USA or bigger/smaller, is Nuria as HUGE as Russia and so on). Are there any lands where there be dragons (in other words areas where no one has any clue about)? What are the coasts like in each country: are they ragged like in Norway and New Zealand or smoother like they are on the west coast of the US? Are there any other major island groups outside any other countries, and how vast are the ocean areas in between continents. What's on the poles? What parts of each country do their capitals and other major cities lay? Any major peninsulas?

So many questions, but now I'm excited. It might make a really cool looking map. I used to make them a lot when I was in high school and college, all with details of cities, mountains and the likes :D

Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape.
-Death in Hogfather

Mana

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2015, 03:55:14 pm »
I hope Lindsay weighs in on this...
www.nault-findley.com
www.samantha-nolan.com

"In your haste to save the world, take care that you do not destroy it."

blackmetallic

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2015, 10:15:24 pm »
If anyone has any tidbits they remember about the geography please share since I really want to draw this map. I only remember very basic things and leafing through all of the books is a daunting task :D
Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape.
-Death in Hogfather

Gubbelhexe

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2015, 01:08:29 am »
Uum, if I could get some more details I might be able to make a map. (I studied cartography for three semesters, back when I was fresh out of school and wasn't so sure what to do with my life).
« Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 07:03:59 am by Gubbelhexe »