Author Topic: Characters trapped in a room -- how do they get out?  (Read 2635 times)

Sarah

• Pants Requisition and Denial
  • Global Moderator
Characters trapped in a room -- how do they get out?
« on: April 21, 2014, 05:42:14 pm »
Hypothetical situation here. Bear with me.

One of Lindsay's characters is trapped in a room by her- or himself. There is a door but no window. They can't get out until they do something in character to escape the room. What do they do?

Maldynado flirts with the door. When that doesn't work, he threatens it. When that doesn't work, he tries to break it down with his shoulder, which hurts. And then Yara comes along, opens the door, and says, "Mal, it wasn't locked."

:D

Pick a character, people! Tell me how they get out of the room.
"She tried to imagine him married and living in a house in the countryside with a passel of toddlers running around. The vision did not evolve far. If he ever  married, it would have to be to someone who would follow him into the woods and up a tree." -- Dark Currents

Cael

• Plot Bunny Breeder
  • These Are Not The Krakens You Are Looking For
Re: Characters trapped in a room -- how do they get out?
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2014, 11:31:07 pm »
Amaranthe finds some cleaning supplies in a handy closet, cleans the room (including scrubbing the baseboards with a toothbrush). As she's contemplating creating explosives from the cleaning supplies, Random Guard #3 enters with her food. She charms him to her side with a few well placed winks and a smile. When Sicarius comes to her 'rescue' they've subdued the entire building single handedly and Am is installed in the penthouse mediating disputes between guards about how no one ever cleans out the fridge.
Once you've made sure that the signal gets through
There's one final thing that I want you to do
Put me where I'll see stars, so that I can see you
And I'll soar like a leaf on the wind

Gubbelhexe

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2015, 03:21:16 am »
Sicarius just gives the door one of his icy stares until it opens by itself because even doors can be afraid of an assassin...   ;)

blackmetallic

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2015, 12:01:56 pm »
Akstyr first tries to make the door's pants fall down, then he remembers that d'oh, doors don't have pants and moves on to attempting to take down the door with a moody glare. That also fails quite miserably, but then he has an "a ha" moment and heats up the hinges with his magical mind powers and the door falls outward, accidentally hitting Sicarius in the head. The story doesn't tell how that ended.
Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape.
-Death in Hogfather

Mana

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2015, 06:52:13 am »
Akstyr first tries to make the door's pants fall down, then he remembers that d'oh, doors don't have pants and moves on to attempting to take down the door with a moody glare. That also fails quite miserably, but then he has an "a ha" moment and heats up the hinges with his magical mind powers and the door falls outward, accidentally hitting Sicarius in the head. The story doesn't tell how that ended.

LOL
www.nault-findley.com
www.samantha-nolan.com

"In your haste to save the world, take care that you do not destroy it."

Gubbelhexe

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2015, 04:45:05 am »
Alektyrion polishes the door handle with one of his new underpants and accidentally opens it

Even so this was probably only meant for the EE characters I just had to add him...
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 02:57:44 pm by Gubbelhexe »