Author Topic: EE inspired cooking recipes (including foraging tips)  (Read 1469 times)

Gubbelhexe

EE inspired cooking recipes (including foraging tips)
« on: October 24, 2015, 02:28:47 am »
I wondered if anybody here had any recipes inspired by EE which include stuff gathered in the wilds...

Iggy

Re: EE inspired cooking recipes (including foraging tips)
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2015, 01:52:26 am »
Yes, yes, this is a grand idea. In the Pacific northwest it is good mushrooms foraging time, as well as some decent fishing. I love to get chantrelles in th forest and
Fill them out with some other purchased exotic mushrooms. Saute in butter or rendered animal fat. Add leeks wild onion and sage. Finish with a splash of golden port, some fresh ground pepper and a bit of light cream. With a little salmon steak and some steamed  grains. Num, you could do this on a camp stove no problem.

Gubbelhexe

Re: EE inspired cooking recipes (including foraging tips)
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2015, 09:57:28 am »
Roasted chestnuts are also quite tasty and can be combined with mushrooms... makes an excellent meal for autumn times when both can be found in abundance in the forests

Iggy

chestnuts
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2015, 05:34:02 pm »
I have never in my half century even tasted a chestnut. ::)  I am super curious about them. I have seen them more often at the CO-OP and other grocers. Any roasting tips?

Hey Naughty Brigade! We are talking chestnuts here! All kinds of innuendo ripe for the picking!

blackmetallic

Re: chestnuts
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2015, 11:48:35 am »
I have never in my half century even tasted a chestnut. ::)  I am super curious about them. I have seen them more often at the CO-OP and other grocers. Any roasting tips?

Hey Naughty Brigade! We are talking chestnuts here! All kinds of innuendo ripe for the picking!

I hear the large, heavy ones are the best ;)
Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape.
-Death in Hogfather

Gubbelhexe

Re: EE inspired cooking recipes (including foraging tips) - chestnuts
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2015, 12:17:22 pm »
yea, usually the larger the better... oh, and they turn out best if roasted long over glowing ember, one has to be carefull not to burn them but ember really is better than oven...