Author Topic: Come Uppance  (Read 3658 times)

Kitty

• Explosives - add P for Plenty
Come Uppance
« on: August 07, 2012, 03:55:05 am »
A little fanfic that brings a Discworld character into the EE unvierse.  I can't get this one pinned down, so I'm posting it as a very rough first draft as I don't think I'll ever get it pinned.  if anyone else wants to play with the idea, then go for it.

Stress /noun/ : The confusion created when the mind must override the body's basic desire to choke the ever-loving-shit out of someone who desperately deserves it.

moldynotgo

Re: Come Uppance
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2012, 04:28:04 am »
A little fanfic that brings a Discworld character into the EE unvierse.  I can't get this one pinned down, so I'm posting it as a very rough first draft as I don't think I'll ever get it pinned.  if anyone else wants to play with the idea, then go for it.

I haven't read the Discworld series (totally on my TBR pile if I ever get near an English library again) but do I need to to 'get' this fanfic?

sweartoad

• I'm on DeviantArt (occasionally)
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2012, 04:39:18 am »
Bahaha I don't know what you're talking about - this is hilarious! Nanny Ogg is just as she should be :D

There's a few typos here and there but since it's a rough draft who cares, amirite?

Kitty

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2012, 05:21:11 am »
yep typos galore, it was frustrating me to the point i just posted it.  will go back eventually and tidy up.

Moldy all you need to know is nanny ogg is a disgusting old baggage of a witch who likes a drink, a song and good looking men.
Stress /noun/ : The confusion created when the mind must override the body's basic desire to choke the ever-loving-shit out of someone who desperately deserves it.

moldynotgo

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2012, 03:20:10 pm »
Cute stuff!

Cael

• Plot Bunny Breeder
  • These Are Not The Krakens You Are Looking For
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2012, 04:54:46 pm »
Personally, I think Akstyr would like A Wizard's Staff Has a Knob On The End ;D

I love this story, seriously. Oh my, I can just see Nanny tricking Granny Weatherwax into going to a House of Ill Repute and meeting the EE gang. Haaaaaaaa!
Once you've made sure that the signal gets through
There's one final thing that I want you to do
Put me where I'll see stars, so that I can see you
And I'll soar like a leaf on the wind

Aamartin

• "Eek! My eyebrows are quirking!!'
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2012, 05:15:12 pm »
I'm not familiar with Nanny, but I liked the character and the story!
"Perhaps you have not been assiduous enough with your training."

@martinameliaa

Kitty

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2012, 02:37:15 am »
Thanks guys, means a lot.

Personally, I think Akstyr would like A Wizard's Staff Has a Knob On The End ;D

I love this story, seriously. Oh my, I can just see Nanny tricking Granny Weatherwax into going to a House of Ill Repute and meeting the EE gang. Haaaaaaaa!

I did consider the Wizard song, but decided for the hedgehog instead in honour of Maldy.

Didn't they stay with Mrs Palm's girls in the opera story?

Cam

• Lurker
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2012, 09:54:10 am »
Interesting take. Thought I'm not familiar with Discworld, I thought your story was quite good! :)

Kitty

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2012, 09:57:46 am »
Aww thanks Cam!  Discworld is worth it if you are OK with Pratchett's style.