Author Topic: Conspiracy Theories  (Read 19880 times)

riamachia

• Wait, what? Why am *I* getting blamed for this?
Conspiracy Theories
« on: July 07, 2012, 10:14:37 pm »
Alright ladies.... (and gentlemen?)
Gives your best ideas!  :P
Maria
"Is that why you... appreciate me?"
"It's her eyes."

sweartoad

• I'm on DeviantArt (occasionally)
Re: Conspiracy Theories
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2012, 10:20:58 pm »
OK: Sicarius is one of 6 assassins created by Raumesys. He got to stick around because he was the best BUT instead of killing the others they send them off to different countries to ingratiate themselves into foreign courts (read: kill their way up the corporate ladder) and sit there as sleeper cells, ultimately loyal to Turgonia.

ALSO: an alien is Sicarius' dad and he sent him to Turgonia to escape a dying planet. Space dad then sent him to the frozen north to find his own Fortress of Solitude but Sicarius missed this and instead only found the dagger. Space dad is now a little freaked out that his son is apparently only been using his powers for evil ....

Cael

• Plot Bunny Breeder
  • These Are Not The Krakens You Are Looking For
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2012, 10:29:12 pm »
Removed my post from the Sespian thread and putting it here.

Theory in a nutshell: Marathi wasn't alone in planning to get herself pregnant by Sicarius. Emperor was in on it too. Hollowcrest was NOT (based on events near the end of EE).

I propose this is plausible because:

A blond father might have blond kids and that's a huge risk, for not only Sicarius (who could probably take care of himself and wouldn't figure into her plans), but also Marathi and her baby if everything didn't fall perfectly into place (as it did). Theoretically, she would die if she couldn't produce an heir (if the previous wife's demise was in fact because of that), but she was committing suicide if her baby was obviously not her husband's.

And, we only know the old emperor from Sicarius. While he doesn't willfully give away information he's not certain about (as seen in Conspiracy), we're not sure how he got that information about the first wife's death. For all we know, it was the explanation given to him when Marathi jumped into his bed.
Once you've made sure that the signal gets through
There's one final thing that I want you to do
Put me where I'll see stars, so that I can see you
And I'll soar like a leaf on the wind

Moondreamer

• Global Moderator
  • The plot bunnies, they will not leave me alone!!!
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2012, 11:06:29 pm »
Hmmm... ok, here's mine.  From the little we get from the books, I think Sicarius is actually the one who killed the old emperor, possibly to protect Sespian.  Sespian wasn'T turning out the way the emperor wanted so he was about to get rid of him, Sicarius learned of it and instead killed the emperor.  Maybe Sespian caught him in the act or just afterward and that's why Sicarius' bounty is so high...
"You have a disturbing sense of humor."
http://www.nault-findley.com/

sweartoad

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2012, 11:15:26 pm »
Hmmm... ok, here's mine.  From the little we get from the books, I think Sicarius is actually the one who killed the old emperor, possibly to protect Sespian.  Sespian wasn'T turning out the way the emperor wanted so he was about to get rid of him, Sicarius learned of it and instead killed the emperor.  Maybe Sespian caught him in the act or just afterward and that's why Sicarius' bounty is so high...

Or maybe Raumesys found out that Sespian wasn't his son and was so angry he decided to kill Sespian? He probably figured he'd never be able to touch Sicarius, but what better way to punish him that to kill his son? He probably didn't figure on Sicarius being a million times more loyal to Sespian than to the empire.

Moondreamer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2012, 11:16:49 pm »

Or maybe Raumesys found out that Sespian wasn't his son and was so angry he decided to kill Sespian? He probably figured he'd never be able to touch Sicarius, but what better way to punish him that to kill his son? He probably didn't figure on Sicarius being a million times more loyal to Sespian than to the empire.

Possibly, that could work too, probably better than my idea. I still wouldn't be surprised to learned Sicarius killed Raumesys to protect Sespian.

sweartoad

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2012, 11:19:30 pm »
Sespian could either suspect Sicarius in the death of his "father" but he might also just have suddenly been thrust into power, been idealistic, and wanted nothing more than to be rid of the one person in the empire that he's terrified of. Hollowcrest could also have been behind it, wanting to get rid of Sicarius after realising what a liability he was and that he wasn't really fully under anyone's control.

(If he's happy to kill emperors what's to stop him from massacring everyone in the barracks, after all?)
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 11:22:46 pm by sweartoad »

Moondreamer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2012, 11:22:28 pm »
I don't know... The way Hollowcrest acted in EE1, he seemed to have wanted his assasin back, but couldn't go against Sespian in such a way until he had the boy completely under his thumb.  So, the decision came from Sespian.  It's true that he could have simply been idealistic, but then, why the huge bounty on his head and not simply have fired him?

sweartoad

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2012, 11:25:43 pm »
I mean that Sespian, wanting to completely overhaul the empire, fires Sicarius because he doesn't believe in what he does from an idealistic standpoint (win wars with words and not a knife to the throat and all that). I don't know where the bounty comes into play. I mean Sespian obviously wants to get rid of Sicarius because he thinks he's evil, but he would have to know that anyone enticed to kill him because of his bounty would be committing suicide, surely? I don't know if Sespian is the type of person to send people to their deaths needlessly.

Moondreamer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2012, 11:27:59 pm »
Bein just a teen of 14 (since it'S 5 years before the start of EE), he might not have realised just how good Sicarius is.  Just that having an assasin is not something he wanted any part of.  IT's true that the bounty might have come into play only after Sicarius started killing officials (which he told Amaranthe had been conspiring against Sespian).

sweartoad

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2012, 11:34:12 pm »
Man we are getting some good material here! :))

What if Forge's people in the intelligence office put in place the idea for the bounty? They can't have wanted an amazing assassin still potentially loyal to the empire running around, waiting for the right time to strike.

OH OH OH WHAT IF (somehow) they incited the whole 'kill Sespian' incident? It only takes one person to give the idea to Raumesys and have him order Sicarius to kill Sespian. Sicarius snaps, kills Raumesys, and then finds out whoever had that information and kills them too. Plausible?

Moondreamer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2012, 11:36:13 pm »
More than plausible.  Only thing we don't know is how long Forge has been plotting, but seing how ingrained they are in Stumps, it's probably been a while.  Wonder tho what kind of information it would take to get Raumesys to kill his only son and heir (at least to him).  The fact that he's not truly his son?

sweartoad

« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2012, 11:45:24 pm »
Well Forge obviously don't have that great a communication system. Larocka knew for like a whole evening that Sespian was Sicarius' son and didn't think to pass it on to anyone else (that we know of). What if someone else in Forge found out, told Raumesys and he instantly summoned Sicarius? Maybe the Forge operative and the emperor were still in the same room and Sicarius was like, "This is not going to go down like you think it is" and then either kills them both then and there OR sets up to kill them later so it's not as obvious. I think I remember from somewhere that Raumesys died of an 'illness' but people think he may have been poisoned.

OK NEW SCENARIO: Forge is poisoning Raumesys. A Forge operative, working alone, tells him about Sespian to wipe the pair of them off the map and put in place Forge's own emperor. Raumesys finds out literally on his deathbed, summons Sicarius, and then dies. Sicarius is pissed, kills the Forge operative and no one is the wiser.

Cael

• Plot Bunny Breeder
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2012, 11:52:11 pm »
Remember though: Sespian is terrified of Sicarius. That's probably the whole reason for the ridiculously high bounty and the firing.

Cael

• Plot Bunny Breeder
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2012, 12:08:03 am »
I can't remember; do we know how Marathi died? I get the impression she died before the emperor, but I don't htink it was ever specified.