Author Topic: Conspiracy Theories  (Read 21802 times)

Aamartin

• "Eek! My eyebrows are quirking!!'
Re: Conspiracy Theories
« Reply #105 on: August 24, 2012, 11:46:19 am »
But do we know that Sic was telling the truth in the underwater lab?
"Perhaps you have not been assiduous enough with your training."

@martinameliaa

Moondreamer

• Global Moderator
  • The plot bunnies, they will not leave me alone!!!
« Reply #106 on: August 24, 2012, 11:51:45 am »
He certainly was under the influence and pretty... softened up.  I think there is no reason to think he wasn't saying the truth  It's not like he revealed a state secret... he just said he didn't know who his parents were apart from a few infos.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 12:50:14 pm by Moondreamer »
"You have a disturbing sense of humor."
http://www.nault-findley.com/

riamachia

• Wait, what? Why am *I* getting blamed for this?
« Reply #107 on: August 24, 2012, 12:49:22 pm »
He certainly was under the influence and pretty... softened up.  I think there is no reason to think he wasn't saying the truth  It's not like he revealed a state secret... he just said he didn't know who his parents were apaty from a few infos.

He did say in his interview that he can act when the situation calls for it.  Apparently we're not supposed to know whether he was actually under the influence of the drugs, or just pretending to be surprised by how much he was "admitting" to them.
Maria
"Is that why you... appreciate me?"
"It's her eyes."

Meera

• Frosted Buns Enthusiast
« Reply #108 on: September 01, 2012, 05:01:34 pm »
So what mission did Sicarius decline? I'd like for it to have been an order to kill Starcrest (despite his warning to Raumesys), who was doing causing trouble outside the empire, but it would have been 13-14 years later so probably not. Any ideas?
"All right, girl, we are not going to be attracted to the amoral assassin."

Mana

• Administrator
« Reply #109 on: September 01, 2012, 05:10:53 pm »
So what mission did Sicarius decline? I'd like for it to have been an order to kill Starcrest (despite his warning to Raumesys), who was doing causing trouble outside the empire, but it would have been 13-14 years later so probably not. Any ideas?

I don't know, you raise a good point.  We learn in Bk 1 that he took on a platoon of soldiers and killed them all so I doubt he'd turn down a mission out of concern for his welfare... Killing off a childhood hero might qualify as a "no" from Sicarius.
www.nault-findley.com
www.samantha-nolan.com

"In your haste to save the world, take care that you do not destroy it."

ndngirl

• "Whatever you wish, Amaranthe" - Sicarius
  • JenT
« Reply #110 on: September 01, 2012, 08:36:22 pm »
Maybe Raumesys figured out Sespian wasnt his son, and asked Sic to kill him, so Sic had to kill raumesys instead. - did someone already suggest this?
""Yes" He kissed her on the neck, and the warmth of his lips sent a wave of heat through her." Sicarius and Amaranthe
Conspiracy

riamachia

• Wait, what? Why am *I* getting blamed for this?
« Reply #111 on: September 01, 2012, 10:29:06 pm »
Maybe Raumesys figured out Sespian wasnt his son, and asked Sic to kill him, so Sic had to kill raumesys instead. - did someone already suggest this?

I believe that was suggested earlier.  There was some suspicion on Raumesys' part, and he was testing Sicarius and got enraged when he refused to kill Sespian. 
Maria
"Is that why you... appreciate me?"
"It's her eyes."

tara32

« Reply #112 on: September 03, 2012, 12:18:56 pm »
Food for thought - I think Marathi chose sic not just for breeding stock but also because she knew he was the only one she could trust to keep the secret.  I think she must have had an idea what pike, hollow and the emporer were doing to him and thought she had an unlikely ally and someone who could withstand torture.

Also - the other Addison in book 1 tried to rape her.  Pike trainee?  What if part of the reason sic went along with killing the kids was because hollow and Co made it clear.if sic didnt do it someone would.  Sic is pragmatic but not a sadist.  Knowing they would die regardless but knowing he could ensure it was swift at least.  They probably didn't know what hit them versus a true pike style guy who would have done some terrible things first....

Mana

• Administrator
« Reply #113 on: September 03, 2012, 02:32:44 pm »
Food for thought - I think Marathi chose sic not just for breeding stock but also because she knew he was the only one she could trust to keep the secret.  I think she must have had an idea what pike, hollow and the emporer were doing to him and thought she had an unlikely ally and someone who could withstand torture.

Also - the other Addison in book 1 tried to rape her.  Pike trainee?  What if part of the reason sic went along with killing the kids was because hollow and Co made it clear.if sic didnt do it someone would.  Sic is pragmatic but not a sadist.  Knowing they would die regardless but knowing he could ensure it was swift at least.  They probably didn't know what hit them versus a true pike style guy who would have done some terrible things first....

We get glimpses of how honorable Sicarius really is we also get to see some of his human failings in Shadows and Innocence. He misinterprets the threat to the emperor, feels for Sespian and tries to talk himself out of it. I think that is my favorite short story right now.
www.nault-findley.com
www.samantha-nolan.com

"In your haste to save the world, take care that you do not destroy it."

rklonewolf

• I am NOT responsible...
    • Art of Lone Wolf
« Reply #114 on: September 12, 2012, 01:23:48 pm »
All very intriguing ideas.

I love Shadows over Innocence.  I loved how Sic did actually give Sespian a gift. That was awesome.
"We will discuss what I call a sprint the next time the group trains."