Author Topic: Conspiracy Theories  (Read 21726 times)

sweartoad

• I'm on DeviantArt (occasionally)
Re: Conspiracy Theories
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2012, 12:12:39 am »
I can't remember; do we know how Marathi died? I get the impression she died before the emperor, but I don't htink it was ever specified.

I'm pretty sure she died when Sespian is 10 or around that age - it says somewhere in EE1. I don't think it ever says what she died of but we could probably assume it was due to illness since no one has ever even hinted that it was foul play (unlike when talking about Raumesys).

Meera

• Frosted Buns Enthusiast
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2012, 12:18:03 am »
Remember though: Sespian is terrified of Sicarius. That's probably the whole reason for the ridiculously high bounty and the firing.
I think part of the reason that Sespian put the bounty on him was because he saw him kill Raumesys and thought he was out to get the whole royal family, in addition to being scared of him in general. But while I'm positive that Sic killed Raumesys, why would Hollowcrest be willing to have Sicarius working for him again if he knew that? Did Forge come into play in covering up the death? Raumesys seemed too suspicious to get poisoned easily.
"All right, girl, we are not going to be attracted to the amoral assassin."

Cael

• Plot Bunny Breeder
  • These Are Not The Krakens You Are Looking For
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2012, 12:26:14 am »
I can't remember; do we know how Marathi died? I get the impression she died before the emperor, but I don't htink it was ever specified.

I'm pretty sure she died when Sespian is 10 or around that age - it says somewhere in EE1. I don't think it ever says what she died of but we could probably assume it was due to illness since no one has ever even hinted that it was foul play (unlike when talking about Raumesys).

Ah, I see. Sespian just mentions that it had been "more than a decade" in EE1. Nothing on how she died.
Once you've made sure that the signal gets through
There's one final thing that I want you to do
Put me where I'll see stars, so that I can see you
And I'll soar like a leaf on the wind

sweartoad

« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2012, 01:19:56 am »
Poor Sespian, being all orphaned and stuff. He needs to join the Amaranthe fold and adopt them all as his extended family! (well, except for Sicarius, who is legit. He has no choice in that family matter.)

Krystal

« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2012, 04:04:57 am »
Pikecrest is Sicarius' dad, and Sicarius doesn't know.  Raumesys may have run afoul of Forge, and that's how he got dead. Marathi may have been the same; I can also see Forge offing her to intimidate Sespian, though that didn't seem to work. Mal's actually Forge's ideal emperor, as they may see him as biddable yet charismatic - they might make him an offer in EE5.

sweartoad

« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2012, 06:03:32 am »
I don't know ... I think whoever Sicarius' dad is, he's probably extremely removed. If, for example, Sicarius was in Pike's position I don't think he'd be able to train Sespian the same way Pike trained him purely because they're father and son, if that makes sense. Sicarius isn't exactly the best human being on the planet but he still loves his son and I'd like to imagine that even a crazy bastard like Pike would in some way feel the same way about his own children (if he has any).

They probably found two people with extremely good genetics and told them that it would be for the good of the empire. I highly doubt that even the staunchest supporter would allow their son to go through what Sicarius did if they had a choice.

riamachia

• Wait, what? Why am *I* getting blamed for this?
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2012, 06:58:19 am »
I see a much less Scientific version of what was happening in the underwater laboratory.  They found two people they considered optimal and bred them, likely against their will.  Either faked their deaths and held them prisoner in case they wanted to try again, or just went ahead and killed them off. 

As for giving Sicarius accurate information, I can see Hollowcrest railing at him about how brilliant and perfect his parents were and why he should be able to master everything perfectly because they'd been chosen for their specific talents.  Not really a reason to lie to someone indoctrinated to obey, anyway. 
Maria
"Is that why you... appreciate me?"
"It's her eyes."

Cael

• Plot Bunny Breeder
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2012, 12:30:49 pm »
Yeah, Pikecrest definitely isn't Sicarius's dad. From Deadly Games, we know that who his parents were was somewhat less than a national secret. If a cook knows something, I'm sure Sicarius could have found out if he thought it was important.

I'm leaning toward a 'do it, or we'll do it for you' situation when it comes to his parents. They were selected because they had the physical and mental skills wanted in a kid like Sicarius. I also think he wasn't the only one. Wouldn't be surprised if the others like him mentioned in Assassin's Curse were about as old as him and created using the same plan. He was picked because he was the closer to what they wanted.

Mana

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2012, 09:19:31 pm »
Yeah, Pikecrest definitely isn't Sicarius's dad. From Deadly Games, we know that who his parents were was somewhat less than a national secret. If a cook knows something, I'm sure Sicarius could have found out if he thought it was important.

I'm leaning toward a 'do it, or we'll do it for you' situation when it comes to his parents. They were selected because they had the physical and mental skills wanted in a kid like Sicarius. I also think he wasn't the only one. Wouldn't be surprised if the others like him mentioned in Assassin's Curse were about as old as him and created using the same plan. He was picked because he was the closer to what they wanted.

Who says the other 5 weren't picked?

Just because the team latched on to Sicarius doesn't mean the other assassins aren't running around doing their thing.

In book 4, Amaranthe kills the best female assassin by accident.
www.nault-findley.com
www.samantha-nolan.com

"In your haste to save the world, take care that you do not destroy it."

Cael

• Plot Bunny Breeder
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2012, 10:02:40 pm »

Who says the other 5 weren't picked?

Just because the team latched on to Sicarius doesn't mean the other assassins aren't running around doing their thing.

In book 4, Amaranthe kills the best female assassin by accident.

Well, there's no million ranmya bounty on their heads and no one compares Sicarius to anyone it seems reasonable to me that the five others he spoke of aren't employed by the empire. That doesn't mean they weren't trained, at least in the beginning, in the same manner as Sic but the tone of the books lean toward Sicarius being the only emperor's assassin.

And remember Amaranthe's words "Some say? Like who? Her?"

sweartoad

« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2012, 05:53:55 am »
OK CONSPIRACY THEORY:

So Lindsay said something about writing the Encrypted sequel after EE5. Right? So .....

Sicarius is 17 in Encrypted so Sespian is only like 2 years old. Tikaya and Rias obviously stick together after their escape (to be explored in Encrypted 2). Potentially they have kids a few years after Sicarius. There is a 50/50 chance it'll be a girl. Who will be a few years younger than Sespian.

Match made in heaven?

:))

Carradee

• Misti Wolanski
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2012, 06:22:33 am »
OK CONSPIRACY THEORY:

So Lindsay said something about writing the Encrypted sequel after EE5. Right? So .....

Sicarius is 17 in Encrypted so Sespian is only like 2 years old. Tikaya and Rias obviously stick together after their escape (to be explored in Encrypted 2). Potentially they have kids a few years after Sicarius. There is a 50/50 chance it'll be a girl. Who will be a few years younger than Sespian.

Match made in heaven?

:))

LOL! Glad I'm not the only one wondering about that!
Amaranthe/Sicarius fangirl, who wonders why she has a fondness for fictional characters that she'd suspects she'd flee if she met 'em in real life.

Moondreamer

• Global Moderator
  • The plot bunnies, they will not leave me alone!!!
« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2012, 08:58:14 am »
That would certainly be cute!  I've always wondered what happened to Tikaya and Rias after the end of Encrypted and what they would be up to during the events of EE.

Ok, now, for another conspiracy.  How do you suppose Marathi made sure she would fall pregnant from Sicarius?  I would suppose it would be extremely dangerous for her to have sex with him more than once, or maybe twice (that is unless Raumesys is somehow into it as others have suggested). I wonder if shamans can do anything about a woman's fertility.  I could see Marathi consulting one in secret before approaching Sicarius...
"You have a disturbing sense of humor."
http://www.nault-findley.com/

Mana

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2012, 09:00:17 am »
That would certainly be cute!  I've always wondered what happened to Tikaya and Rias after the end of Encrypted and what they would be up to during the events of EE.

Ok, now, for another conspiracy.  How do you suppose Marathi made sure she would fall pregnant from Sicarius?  I would suppose it would be extremely dangerous for her to have sex with him more than once, or maybe twice (that is unless Raumesys is somehow into it as others have suggested). I wonder if shamans can do anything about a woman's fertility.  I could see Marathi consulting one in secret before approaching Sicarius...

Especially since he indicates it was only a one time lapse in judgement/rebellion.
www.nault-findley.com
www.samantha-nolan.com

"In your haste to save the world, take care that you do not destroy it."

Moondreamer

• Global Moderator
  • The plot bunnies, they will not leave me alone!!!
« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2012, 09:04:33 am »
Ya, even at the right time in the month, what are the chances of a pregnancy resulting from a one time deal?
"You have a disturbing sense of humor."
http://www.nault-findley.com/