Author Topic: Conspiracy Theories  (Read 21727 times)

riamachia

• Wait, what? Why am *I* getting blamed for this?
Re: Conspiracy Theories
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2012, 09:17:49 am »
Ya, even at the right time in the month, what are the chances of a pregnancy resulting from a one time deal?
Oh dear girl......FAMOUS LAST WORDS.  (of non-parenthood)
Maria
"Is that why you... appreciate me?"
"It's her eyes."

Moondreamer

• Global Moderator
  • The plot bunnies, they will not leave me alone!!!
« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2012, 09:22:11 am »
Ya, even at the right time in the month, what are the chances of a pregnancy resulting from a one time deal?

hahaha, I guess so.  But, you're talking about a woman taking extreme risks here.  If I were her, I'd make as sure as I could that it would be successful so I wouldn't have to do it twice.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 10:38:12 am by Moondreamer »
"You have a disturbing sense of humor."
http://www.nault-findley.com/

sweartoad

• I'm on DeviantArt (occasionally)
« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2012, 10:23:49 am »
You'd be able to time it fairly correctly though, right? (assuming she had access to a doctor)

Remember, she'd have to go and sleep with Raumesys at around the same time so it wouldn't really have been suspect if she was consulting a shaman or whoever to try and boost results - obviously everyone would know at the barracks that she needed to have a child.

Bahahaha! Indeed.

rklonewolf

• I am NOT responsible...
    • Art of Lone Wolf
« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2012, 11:52:21 am »
geez, this thread sure took off... :) Thanks for moving off my story, I was getting worried there. :)
I love conspiracy theories! I was thinking the same thing about Rias and Tikaya's kid and Sespian.

What if they're living in the empire under different names, somewhere remote. The kid is now, let's say, 16, and she works in some factory after school while her Dad is a small school professor and her mother is a translator. And this small town just happens to be one which a certain band of misfits plus an enforcer and a certain emperor pass through in book 5...
"We will discuss what I call a sprint the next time the group trains."

riamachia

« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2012, 12:07:07 pm »
Quote from: Carradee
Quote from: sweartoad
OK CONSPIRACY THEORY:

So Lindsay said something about writing the Encrypted sequel after EE5. Right? So .....

Sicarius is 17 in Encrypted so Sespian is only like 2 years old. Tikaya and Rias obviously stick together after their escape (to be explored in Encrypted 2). Potentially they have kids a few years after Sicarius. There is a 50/50 chance it'll be a girl. Who will be a few years younger than Sespian.

Match made in heaven?

:))

LOL! Glad I'm not the only one wondering about that!

hahaha I was thinking about that too!  Although I still think there may be a potential princess for him to build political alliances with.  :D
Maria
"It's her eyes."

sweartoad

« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2012, 09:48:14 pm »
Pfft. Why have a princess when you could have a really tall super-genius who is super athletic but has terrible eyesight?

Just think of their kids! Sicarius would pale in comparison  :P

What if they're living in the empire under different names, somewhere remote. The kid is now, let's say, 16, and she works in some factory after school while her Dad is a small school professor and her mother is a translator. And this small town just happens to be one which a certain band of misfits plus an enforcer and a certain emperor pass through in book 5...

I bet that Tikaya and Rias are the type to live an Indiana Jones lifestyle (aka with a set hometown but regularly running off and checking out insane old ruins). At the end of Encrypted it was pretty clear that Rias didn't want to live in Turgonia, and they said that they'd be able to live on the Kyatt Islands, but only after everyone forgot about the war. 20 years is enough time, right? :)
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 09:50:44 pm by sweartoad »

riamachia

« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2012, 11:01:47 pm »
Quote from: sweartoad
At the end of Encrypted it was pretty clear that Rias didn't want to live in Turgonia, and they said that they'd be able to live on the Kyatt Islands, but only after everyone forgot about the war. 20 years is enough time, right? :)
Well Amaranthe knew Tikaya by name, so her identity definitely wasn't a secret anymore.  And if they convinced people that Rias had stopped an assassination attempt, he could have been at least publicly forgiven, if not a hero (since he did point out their usefulness, even if he didn't mean to invade). 

OMG THEY'RE THE KYATTESE KARDASHIANS!   (please no)
Maria
"It's her eyes."

sweartoad

« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2012, 08:42:50 pm »
Ok I have another one:

While Amaranthe is being tortured away, Forge gets it from her that Raumesys is not Sespian's dad and so they use that as the official excuse to usurp the throne from him. Meanwhile, our intrepid heroes have some not-so-fun news for Sespian. BUT instead of having to abdicate, Amaranthe goes digging and comes up with some info about Sicarius' parentage.

SHOCK HORROR not only is his real name not Sicarius but he's some sort of warrior-caste person. Only the best genes for the best assassin, right? Sespian therefore has a real shot at the throne AND no one outside their little 'family' (aka the Scooby squad) ever needs to know that the person who has been announced as Sespian's father is in fact Sicarius' real identity. Crisis averted on all fronts.

Moondreamer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #38 on: July 11, 2012, 07:30:16 am »
Somehow, I have trouble believing a warrior caste man would accept for a child of his to be taken away and raised to be an assassin, especially since we learn in both Encrypted and EE that it goes against their sense of honor to kill people in such an underhanded way. It would have taken someone really desperate to accept to be part of this experiment. On the other hand, maybe Sicarius father was either dishonored (set up maybe?) or was promised help for a destitute family (we saw that not all warrior caste families are wealthy).

I also wonder what happened to the mother and father afterward.  Were they killed to keep the secret of Raumesys' experiment?  I think that's quite possible.

Mana

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: July 11, 2012, 07:41:33 am »
Somehow, I have trouble believing a warrior caste man would accept for a child of his to be taken away and raised to be an assassin, especially since we learn in both Encrypted and EE that it goes against their sense of honor to kill people in such an underhanded way. It would have taken someone really desperate to accept to be part of this experiment. On the other hand, maybe Sicarius father was either dishonored (set up maybe?) or was promised help for a destitute family (we saw that not all warrior caste families are wealthy).

I also wonder what happened to the mother and father afterward.  Were they killed to keep the secret of Raumesys' experiment?  I think that's quite possible.

What if his mom and dad were not told that Sicarius would be an assassin but in fact were told that he would be trained as an elite warrior? 

I'd also assume that a kingdom run by an emperor wouldn't have much say in the matter if said emperor came up to them and told them "have this kid or else..."
www.nault-findley.com
www.samantha-nolan.com

"In your haste to save the world, take care that you do not destroy it."

Moondreamer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2012, 07:46:54 am »

What if his mom and dad were not told that Sicarius would be an assassin but in fact were told that he would be trained as an elite warrior? 

I'd also assume that a kingdom run by an emperor wouldn't have much say in the matter if said emperor came up to them and told them "have this kid or else..."

Possibly, you are right.  The only thing we know for sure is that the parents were carefully chosen for their characteristics (intelligence for the mother, since she was a professor, and I'd guess warrior prowess for the father since he was a warrior).  We can also be almost certain one of them wasn't Turgonian since he's got blond hair.  Maybe his mother was from the Kyatt Islands, it would fit with her profile as a professor. I'm trying to think if we've had any clue about who they could have been.  I've had a fancy at some point that his father might have been admiral Starcrest, but I don't really think that's it, as cool as it could be.  I still think the empror had the parents executed once he didn't need them anymore, so they couldn'T tell anyone about the experiement and their son that was taken away.

sweartoad

« Reply #41 on: July 11, 2012, 08:42:48 am »
The problem with hair colour is that it's highly unlikely to be blonde if you have one blonde parent and one brunette one (I'm assuming here since most Turgonians are brown/brown in the hair/eye department) if previously all members on the blonde's side of the family were also blonde, and vice versa on the brunette side. Blonde is a recessive gene.

I'd say it's probably more likely that Sicarius got his blonde hair from some ancestors a few generations back, considering that Turgonia is a conquering empire (as an interesting aside, Greece in ancient times had a high percentage of blonde in the population but then the more swarthy Turks invaded and now they're mostly brunettes :))). I would imagine that Raumesys would not want to have anyone not part of the empire to have any sort of say in Sicarius.

I agree with this - we know from Encrypted that there has been a high level of indoctrination going on in Turgonian schools (at least during Raumesys and his predecessors) so if someone from the Imperial barracks came up to you and was like "hey, if you do this you'll be helping the empire lyk for realz" you probably would think it was an honour.

Also ..... I think Rias would know if he'd had a random kid with someone and then that kid came back 17 years later and tried to kill him :D

Moondreamer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #42 on: July 11, 2012, 08:46:32 am »
Hahaha, I know about Rias... was just a little fantasy of mine.  As for blonde hair, you might be right.  I wonder if Lyndsay will ever explain why she gave Sicarius that specific hair color...

sweartoad

« Reply #43 on: July 11, 2012, 08:51:56 am »
I'm pretty sure she said in an interview that she hadn't decided yet whether Sicarius' mother was still alive or not. That choice would probably inform the direction in which she reveals Sicarius' past :)

I kind of hope she doesn't really come into the picture because, honestly, what purpose would she serve? Sicarius would be incapable of having any sort of relationship with her, Sespian wouldn't be able to have a relationship with her ... I think that it would be like suddenly having Harry Potter's parents come back from the dead after we've all gotten used to the idea that they're really only marginal background characters.

Moondreamer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #44 on: July 11, 2012, 09:18:20 am »
I'm pretty sure she said in an interview that she hadn't decided yet whether Sicarius' mother was still alive or not. That choice would probably inform the direction in which she reveals Sicarius' past :)

I kind of hope she doesn't really come into the picture because, honestly, what purpose would she serve? Sicarius would be incapable of having any sort of relationship with her, Sespian wouldn't be able to have a relationship with her ... I think that it would be like suddenly having Harry Potter's parents come back from the dead after we've all gotten used to the idea that they're really only marginal background characters.

I agree that it would be really weird for Sicarius to find one or both parents alive, especially since (at least up until now), they are not even a blip in the plot.  Sicarius doesn't seem interrested in trying to find them and they weren't mentionned anywhere but in that one conversation.