Author Topic: Captain Conquest  (Read 4479 times)

Lady Dourcrest

Captain Conquest
« on: May 29, 2013, 10:03:55 am »
Lady Adonia never wanted to marry, her heart set upon becoming Turgonias first female physician. But when a stolen kiss destroys her dreams and she is forced to wed the Rakehell Lord Trystan Beaucrest, she decides to flee to the Kyatt Islands, only to fall into the arms of the notorious Captain Teague. As he evokes in her passions she never dreamed possible, she is faced with the more disturbing truth that she cannot escape her fate - or her marriage

<Captain Conquest> (Maldynado) aka Lord Trystan Beaucrest

BLURB:

<That is none of your business, my Lord,> she retorted, yanking her finger free from his grasp and turning to walk away. He seized her by her shoulders and pinned her to the tree, apparently not done with the conversation.

<It damn well is my business, woman!> he hissed, <what if it had not been me, but some real villain intent on harming you that night?>

She bit her lip. She hadnt considered that.

<dont do that,> he muttered.

<do what?> she frowned up at him, then her eyes danced around in search of anyone who might happen upon the unexpectedly, <look, my lord, this is quite improper!>

<improper?> he scoffed, though she thought she saw his eyes flash in amusement, <a woman who hides villains in her wardrobe, undresses them and then tends to their wounds in the solitude of her bedchamber is concerned about propriety?>

Adonia could not reply, her mind unable to compile a respectable retort, what with his body so close to hers, the woodsy muskiness of his cologne teasing her senses. Unbidden, the memories of their last encounter flitted to the fore and she hugged the tree behind her to prevent her hands from seeking out the contours of his chest. All she could manage was a wry smile that faltered dismally, making her lick her lips nervously, the heat from his hands searing her flesh even through the fabric covering her shoulders. She felt her convictions disintegrating by the second under his smouldering gaze and was sure she would not be able to resist his charms no matter how much she would have liked to.

<Little doe> he whispered, then brushed his lips against hers gently. When she did not protest, his fingers released her shoulders and caressed her neck, leaving goosebumps in their wake. He cupped her cheeks and lifted her face towards his as he continued to kiss her, and soon after, she felt herself leaning into him, her breaths shallow and as erratic as her heartbeat. And then it was as if the world stopped, a tingle of heat sliding lazily through her veins like honey, making her body sing in anticipation.

<Open your mouth,> he breathed, and in a daze, she complied with a small sigh. When the tip of his tongue eased across her lower lip she thought she would die, her breath failing her and her head spinning with pure wantonness! she clutched at him desperately as he slid his tongue into her mouth, tasting , devouring, as her trembling fingers sought out better hand-holds of their own accord.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 10:29:38 am by Lady Dourcrest »
Aka @aurorarhyse dedicateed tweep to LB!
DISCLAIMER: I cannot in any way be held accountable for the content of the above post, whether written intentionally or unintentionally, nor am I responsible for anything that appears under the pen name Lady Dourcrest.

Kara

Re: Captain Conquest
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2013, 11:28:26 am »
Ooo...I want more:).  Excellent work!   

Kitty

• Explosives - add P for Plenty
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2013, 02:49:56 pm »
ooh thats fun!!!!
Stress /noun/ : The confusion created when the mind must override the body's basic desire to choke the ever-loving-shit out of someone who desperately deserves it.

K2N2

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2013, 02:17:33 pm »
Uh oh.  I think you now need to write the rest of that bodice ripper ASAP! 

Kitty

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2013, 08:31:48 am »
WRITE EEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!!!!!!!
Stress /noun/ : The confusion created when the mind must override the body's basic desire to choke the ever-loving-shit out of someone who desperately deserves it.

K2N2

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2013, 12:02:04 pm »
You know we have enough writers around here that it might be fun to collectively write a Lady Dourcrest novel.  Start with a quick blurb (like the above) that contains the major characters and a rough story arc then someone writes the first chapter (1-2K worth of words) and passes it off to the next person.  We keep passing it on to the next person until we get done.  Purple prose and romance cliche would be mandatory.

Kitty

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2013, 01:35:32 pm »
oh that could get...interesting.  it going to end up with throbbing bratwursts?

K2N2

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2013, 06:47:23 pm »
Yep.  It could end up being VERY interesting with salacious sausage and all that.  Of course we'd need to post it chapter by chapter as it was developed. So, my good Lady Dourcrest, are you amenable to the blatent hijack of your plot bunny for the amusement and titilation of the forum? 

Kitty

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2013, 02:35:03 am »
'salacious sausage'...never thought i'd read that at 830 on a Tuesday morning :o

K2N2

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2013, 10:37:03 am »
Alliteration R Us!  Uh oh....that means the rhyme rabbits are running around again. <looks for a place to hide>

Kitty

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2013, 10:47:16 am »
*gets shotgun*

Lady Dourcrest

« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2014, 12:54:25 pm »
lmao

sorry i've been awol <3 i will finish this off soon ;)

and i totally like the idea of a lady dourcrest novel

<3 you guys are classic
Aka @aurorarhyse dedicateed tweep to LB!
DISCLAIMER: I cannot in any way be held accountable for the content of the above post, whether written intentionally or unintentionally, nor am I responsible for anything that appears under the pen name Lady Dourcrest.