Author Topic: A character just got into a strange/difficult/impossible situation...  (Read 1200 times)

Gubbelhexe

Dear fellow-writers
you probably all know these moments: there you are writing happily and everything seems to just flow out of you until suddenly one of your characters does something really stupid/impossible... and now you find yourself at a loss at how to get him/her out of that situation...

What do you usually do in such moments?

Mana

• Administrator
Re: A character just got into a strange/difficult/impossible situation...
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2016, 06:59:21 am »
Well, I double check if that choice they made is in character.

Recently I had my MC do something that, upon further inspection, he never-ever would have done. At that point, it was easy to cut it and redo it with his more accurate choice.

That being said, I had another character that had to make a TSTL choice for plot reasons, and I'm STILL annoyed with it because she wouldn't have done what she did without the plot driving her. :/

Hope that helps.
www.nault-findley.com
www.samantha-nolan.com

"In your haste to save the world, take care that you do not destroy it."

Gubbelhexe

Re: A character just got into a strange/difficult/impossible situation...
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2016, 11:27:06 pm »
Yea, that sort of helps...
So now I have to figure out, how to get a naked man with some threads of his former clothing still hanging on him back home as soon as he manages to get out of his dragon-warriorform into which he turned  (accidentally) for the first time when he was attacked. *sigh* Damn it...